More work for the Countdown team

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

More work for the Countdown team

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Re: More work for the Countdown team

Post by James Laverty »

Still have to put up with it for another year though. Personally I hope with more episodes needed it means we might get some more specials!
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....
Clive Brooker
Devotee

Post by Clive Brooker »

James Laverty wrote:Still have to put up with it for another year though. Personally I hope with more episodes needed it means we might get some more specials!
That is a big assumption.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Clive Brooker wrote:
James Laverty wrote:Still have to put up with it for another year though. Personally I hope with more episodes needed it means we might get some more specials!
Hopefully it will happen, and hopefully it will realise my dream of nine octochamps in a series.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Clive Brooker wrote:
Hopefully it will happen, and hopefully it will realise my dream of nine octochamps in a series.
Is your dream to have nine octochamps in a series, or is it to cackle with schadenfreude as an octochamp with a subpar average is sent home?
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Is your dream to have nine octochamps in a series, or is it to cackle with schadenfreude as an octochamp with a subpar average is sent home?
A bit of both. I thought it would happen after we got eight at basically the first opportunity (series 47) as well as some seven-time winners, and we haven't had that many since.