Am I the worst contestant ever?

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
dan davey

Am I the worst contestant ever?

Post by dan davey »

I was having a look at my place of fourth on the 15 round scores under 30 on the wiki thing. And taking into account the highest possible score and score for those games and the score you get on every round even if it don't count (raw score). And all the other stuff you lot look at. how would the top (well bottom) ten look?
George Pryn
Acolyte

Re: Am I the worst contestant ever?

Post by George Pryn »

Something is telling me that you want to be told yes, as it would be a cool title... so in this situation, yeah, you're the worst contestant ever

But if you're genuinely worried then I'd say no, Gen Baker looks to be in worse shape than you as the other people around the top (well bottom) of the leaderboard seem to have had more high-calibre opponents...

So well done, either way
dan davey

Post by dan davey »

I'm not that bothered either way (but I suppose I'd rather be rock bottom than nearly but not quite). It was only due to looking at the different factors that come into it, the ones I couldn't work out. That made me curious.
Fred Mumford
Enthusiast

Post by Fred Mumford »

You made your episode entertaining and funny for the right reasons. So, no, you were far from being the worst.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

You're not even the worst player in your football club, let alone of everyone ever.
dan davey

Post by dan davey »

Nice one! I'm surprised to how easy it was for me to get on to the show.
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

I don't think you were even the worst contestant of the week you were on.

http://wiki.apterous.org/Episode_5844
dan davey

Post by dan davey »

I remember that bird, didn't see her episode but a lot of people said she didn't come across too well
Callum P

Post by Callum P »

For whatever reason, I found the declaration of Egypt to be pretty funny in that game Jack linked.

I'm not sure you're the shittest ever, btw. Unless the topic is "subtle attention seeking" :P
dan davey

Post by dan davey »

Although I do enjoy attention, I didn't mean it to come across like that. I was hoping for someone to do like a fancy formula that would determine where I'd be on the list.
sean d
Acolyte

Post by sean d »

Jack Worsley wrote:I don't think you were even the worst contestant of the week you were on.

Jeez. I remember that one. A strong opponent could easily have whitewashed her.
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives with her two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

sean d wrote:
Jack Worsley wrote:I don't think you were even the worst contestant of the week you were on.

Jeez. I remember that one. A strong opponent could easily have whitewashed her.
Easily
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives with her two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

dan davey wrote:I was having a look at my place of fourth on the 15 round scores under 30 on the wiki thing. And taking into account the highest possible score and score for those games and the score you get on every round even if it don't count (raw score). And all the other stuff you lot look at. how would the top (well bottom) ten look?
There has been lot worse than you check out my game from 30th January :D :D :D :D
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover