Countdown Specials

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Countdown Specials

Post by James Robinson »

Some people may or may not know that 3 specials were recorded recently.

Well, these 3 specials are being broadcast in December, and here's the info. ;) :) :D

Friday 12th December, 3:30pm (Shown after the Channel 4 Racing has been on): Bobby Banerjee v Bobby Johnson (Presumably a "Battle of the Bobbies". :P)
Monday 22nd December, 3:10pm: Priscilla Munday v Eileen Taylor (A sort of female veterans match.)
Tuesday 23rd December, 3:10pm Michael McDowell v Duncan McGregor (In a high-scoring losers match, apparently....... :? (although to give it more in-depth analysis, it was supposed to be Kieran O'Driscoll v Duncan, but Kieran pulled out a couple of days before recording.))
George Pryn
Acolyte

Re: Countdown Specials

Post by George Pryn »

James Robinson wrote:Some people may or may not know that 3 specials were recorded recently.

Well, these 3 specials are being broadcast in December, and here's the info. ;) :) :D

Friday 12th December, 3:30pm (Shown after the Channel 4 Racing has been on): Bobby Banerjee v Bobby Johnson (Presumably a "Battle of the Bobbies". :P)
Monday 22nd December, 3:10pm: Priscilla Munday v Eileen Taylor (A sort of female veterans match.)
Tuesday 23rd December, 3:10pm Michael McDowell v Duncan McGregor (In a high-scoring losers match, apparently....... :? (although to give it more in-depth analysis, it was supposed to be Kieran O'Driscoll v Duncan, but Kieran pulled out a couple of days before recording.))
Awwwwwww I didn't know Priscilla Munday was there, she seemed so nice on tv it would've been nice to have met her :(((
Excited to watch Bobby Johnson too, he was brilliant!!!!!!!! Was actually my favourite to win the series until I saw Mark Murray sitting in the challengers chair. :o

Surprised by the selections for the highest-scoring losers match... Was Ciaran McCarthy invited?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

George Pryn wrote:Was Ciaran McCarthy invited?
My understanding is that Ciaran was going to play against Pete Steggle in another special that would've been recorded this Monday, but it got pulled.......
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

James Robinson wrote:Tuesday 23rd December, 3:10pm Michael McDowell v Duncan McGregor (In a high-scoring losers match, apparently....... :?)
Wow, 52 is considered a high score? I'm better at Countdown than I thought.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Callum P

Post by Callum P »

James Robinson wrote:Some people may or may not know that 3 specials were recorded recently.

Tuesday 23rd December, 3:10pm Graeme McDowell v Duncan McGregor (In a high-scoring losers match, apparently....... :? (although to give it more in-depth analysis, it was supposed to be Kieran O'Driscoll v Duncan, but Kieran pulled out a couple of days before recording.))
Fixed. :)
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Callum P wrote:
James Robinson wrote:Tuesday 23rd December, 3:10pm Graeme McDowell v Duncan McGregor (In a high-scoring losers match, apparently....... :?)
Fixed. :)
Wow, never having been on the show is considered a high score? I'm better at Countdown than I thought.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Callum P

Post by Callum P »

I've never beaten you. You can't be too bad :)
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty »

I'm guessing since these have been scheduled, it will mean that Matt Croy's special will never make it to air :( :(

Also with the times being 3.10, is CD moving back to that time when 15-to-1 finishes?
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

James Laverty wrote:I'm guessing since these have been scheduled, it will mean that Matt Croy's special will never make it to air :( :(

Also with the times being 3.10, is CD moving back to that time when 15-to-1 finishes?
Yup, soon as Fifteen To One finishes today, Countdown will be back at 3:10pm from Monday.