The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
User avatar
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm
Location: Atlantic Canada
Contact:

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Johnny Canuck » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:57 am

Does monitoring Countdown Team's profile page and repeatedly checking the "Last Active" date and time count as stalking?
* Despite everything, it's still you.

User avatar
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion
Posts: 1527
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Graeme Cole » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:06 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote:Does monitoring Countdown Team's profile page and repeatedly checking the "Last Active" date and time count as stalking?
I believe they're in the studio Monday to Wednesday this week, so check again tomorrow and Friday.

There are too many Countdowners with the initials CT. Conor Travers, Callum Todd, Countdown Team, Com Tappleman...

User avatar
James Laverty
Enthusiast
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:45 pm
Location: West Bridgford

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by James Laverty » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:30 pm

James Robinson wrote:
Johnny Canuck wrote:Will the design of the set be changed at the start of CoC XIV? In the past, CoCs (specifically, X, XI and XIII) have often been the times when the set's appearance gets revamped.

Of course this might just be a coincidence that only losers with no lives will catch.
That would be quite a quick change, considering that based on what CT has said, they'll be recording the Series 73 final on November 3, with the first CoC XIV prelims the next day.

I think probably not in this case, Johnny...... :roll: :P
Maybe CoC will be the finale for the current set. As much as I like the blue, it has been around a while now so maybe a revamp is due
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9345
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by James Robinson » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:42 pm

James Laverty wrote:
James Robinson wrote:
Johnny Canuck wrote:Will the design of the set be changed at the start of CoC XIV? In the past, CoCs (specifically, X, XI and XIII) have often been the times when the set's appearance gets revamped.

Of course this might just be a coincidence that only losers with no lives will catch.
That would be quite a quick change, considering that based on what CT has said, they'll be recording the Series 73 final on November 3, with the first CoC XIV prelims the next day.

I think probably not in this case, Johnny...... :roll: :P
Maybe CoC will be the finale for the current set. As much as I like the blue, it has been around a while now so maybe a revamp is due
Well, let's hope the set designers are working overtime :!: :!: :!: :idea: :idea: :idea:
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Mark Mills
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:34 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Mark Mills » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:42 pm

Graeme Cole wrote:
Johnny Canuck wrote: There are too many Countdowners with the initials CT. Conor Travers, Callum Todd, Countdown Team, Com Tappleman...
Don't forget Cracey Trills
Married to Tracey Mills but please don't be put off. :D

User avatar
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion
Posts: 1527
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Graeme Cole » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:42 pm

Breaking news: secretly-filmed footage from the Countdown office shows discussion of the next CoC...


User avatar
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm
Location: Atlantic Canada
Contact:

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Johnny Canuck » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:55 am

Delayed again?
* Despite everything, it's still you.

Mark Mills
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:34 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Mark Mills » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:44 pm

Any more news on CoC gone very quiet. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Married to Tracey Mills but please don't be put off. :D

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9345
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by James Robinson » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:01 pm

Mark Mills wrote:Any more news on CoC gone very quiet. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Sounds like it's delayed again. Quelle suprise........ :P
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

User avatar
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion
Posts: 1527
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Graeme Cole » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:41 pm

I believe the finals of S73 have been moved from 2nd & 3rd November to 3rd & 4th November, which makes it unlikely that there will be a CoC starting on the 4th. Perhaps the plan is to put the CoC into one three-day filming block starting from 23rd November?

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9345
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by James Robinson » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:07 pm

Graeme Cole wrote:I believe the finals of S73 have been moved from 2nd & 3rd November to 3rd & 4th November, which makes it unlikely that there will be a CoC starting on the 4th. Perhaps the plan is to put the CoC into one three-day filming block starting from 23rd November?
Maybe, but I bet it won't be till after S74 now......
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

User avatar
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm
Location: Atlantic Canada
Contact:

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Johnny Canuck » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:12 am

"Sounds like" according to whom? Is that a guess, or did you hear it from someone?
* Despite everything, it's still you.

User avatar
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm
Location: Atlantic Canada
Contact:

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Johnny Canuck » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:18 am

James Robinson wrote:
Graeme Cole wrote:I believe the finals of S73 have been moved from 2nd & 3rd November to 3rd & 4th November, which makes it unlikely that there will be a CoC starting on the 4th. Perhaps the plan is to put the CoC into one three-day filming block starting from 23rd November?
Maybe, but I bet it won't be till after S74 now......
That would be a summer time slot. Horse racing.
* Despite everything, it's still you.

samir pilica
Acolyte
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by samir pilica » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:16 am

The draw for CoC 13 was announced late in October, with filming taking place a few weeks later. So it's probably too early to speculate as to whether or not there has been a postponement.

User avatar
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm
Location: Atlantic Canada
Contact:

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Johnny Canuck » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:54 pm

samir pilica wrote:The draw for CoC 13 was announced late in October, with filming taking place a few weeks later. So it's probably too early to speculate as to whether or not there has been a postponement.
That's true. I was just curious as to whether JR (or anyone else) had been to the studio and heard Damian confirm/strongly suspect that another postponement has happened, because that's what his earlier comment seemed to suggest to me.
* Despite everything, it's still you.

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9345
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by James Robinson » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:27 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote:
samir pilica wrote:The draw for CoC 13 was announced late in October, with filming taking place a few weeks later. So it's probably too early to speculate as to whether or not there has been a postponement.
That's true. I was just curious as to whether JR (or anyone else) had been to the studio and heard Damian confirm/strongly suspect that another postponement has happened, because that's what his earlier comment seemed to suggest to me.
I have nothing from a personal viewpoint or from any internal sources. :)
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

User avatar
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm
Location: Atlantic Canada
Contact:

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Johnny Canuck » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:36 pm

James Robinson wrote:
Johnny Canuck wrote:
samir pilica wrote:The draw for CoC 13 was announced late in October, with filming taking place a few weeks later. So it's probably too early to speculate as to whether or not there has been a postponement.
That's true. I was just curious as to whether JR (or anyone else) had been to the studio and heard Damian confirm/strongly suspect that another postponement has happened, because that's what his earlier comment seemed to suggest to me.
I have nothing from a personal viewpoint or from any internal sources. :)
OK, cool. Thanks a million.
* Despite everything, it's still you.

User avatar
Rhys Benjamin
Kiloposter
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:28 pm
Location: Down in the tube station at midnight
Contact:

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Rhys Benjamin » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:12 pm

The worry that I already had - and still have - is that the pool of contestants is far too large to select from, which was the advantage of having a COC after every four series and a Supreme Championship every 32.

The issue is that since COC10 (start of 42) we've only had one at the start of 49, 60, and the 30BC at 68. And if this is delayed to the start of 75 then the talent pool encompasses 67-74 plus some from 60-66 (Oli, Eoin, maybe even Deeksy has a case), but 16 contestants would be the 10 winners and 6 runners-up, so there's no guarantee that someone like Heather or even Tracey would get in.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...

User avatar
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion
Posts: 1527
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Graeme Cole » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:18 pm

Rhys Benjamin wrote:maybe even Deeksy has a case
Mark reappearing on the show would, no doubt, be a delight to all concerned. However, he was in the 30BC, so why him specifically?

Countdown Team
Acolyte
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:13 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Countdown Team » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:03 pm

We're finally ready to go with the CofC.

Nov 23 - 25. 16 players.

About to contact those involved and once all participants are confirmed, we'll post the draw.

Apologies for the delay.

User avatar
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm
Location: Atlantic Canada
Contact:

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Johnny Canuck » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:08 pm

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

(That says "who?" -- bring on the draw!)
* Despite everything, it's still you.

User avatar
Rhys Benjamin
Kiloposter
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:28 pm
Location: Down in the tube station at midnight
Contact:

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Rhys Benjamin » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:18 pm

Graeme Cole wrote:
Rhys Benjamin wrote:maybe even Deeksy has a case
Mark reappearing on the show would, no doubt, be a delight to all concerned. However, he was in the 30BC, so why him specifically?
He lost very early on to the man who ended up finishing 2nd.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...

User avatar
Mark Deeks
Kiloposter
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Mark Deeks » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:40 pm

It's all right, I'll present the next one.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

Zubair Patel
Rookie
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Zubair Patel » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:42 pm

Graeme Cole wrote:I believe the finals of S73 have been moved from 2nd & 3rd November to 3rd & 4th November, which makes it unlikely that there will be a CoC starting on the 4th. Perhaps the plan is to put the CoC into one three-day filming block starting from 23rd November?
That's correct. CofC's recordings will be on the 23rd /24th /25th November.

Mark Mills
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:34 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Mark Mills » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:12 pm

Thats great news, hopefully will be going to support Tracey if she is selected... :)
Married to Tracey Mills but please don't be put off. :D

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 8371
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Gavin Chipper » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:26 pm

I thought I might as well make another prediction:

Series 62: Oliver Garner
Series 63: Eoin Monaghan
Series 67: Paul James, Heather Styles
Series 68: Giles Hutchings, Andy Platt
Series 69: Callum Todd, Dylan Taylor, Jen Steadman, Glen Webb
Series 70: Mark Murray, Andy Naylor
Series 71: Dan McColm, Antoinette Ryan
Series 72: Tom Cappleman, Tracey Mills

I decided not to spend too much time on this and I don't know how realistic it is. We've talked about Oliver and Eoin's inclusion for ages but I've no idea if they will actually be invited. Also, I decided to go for at least two from each series - basically the winners and finalists. That would leave room for two series to have three but I've ended up with one series having four based on the strength of the series. But it might not work like that.

Obviously there are other people in with a chance, including David Barnard, George Ford and Eileen Taylor. I also had Bradley Cates and Samir Pilica on a previous list, but that was before the number of series involved went up even more.

Countdown Team
Acolyte
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:13 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Countdown Team » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:20 pm

MONDAY NOVEMBER 23RD

1. TOM CAPPLEMAN V GLENN WEBB

2. HEATHER STYLES V GILES HUTCHINGS

3. ANDY PLATT V DAVID BARNARD

4. DYLAN TAYLOR V TRACEY MILLS

5. GEORGE FORD V JEN STEADMAN










TUESDAY NOVEMBER 24TH

6. CALLUM TODD V SAMIR PILICA

7. DAN MCCOLM V PAUL JAMES

8. ANTOINETTE RYAN V MARK MURRAY

9. Winner of 1 v Winner of 2

10. Winner of 3 v Winner of 4





WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 25TH

11. Winner of 5 v Winner of 6

12. Winner of 7 v Winner of 8

13. Winner of 9 v Winner of 10

14. Winner of 11 v Winner of 12

15. Winner of 13 v Winner of 14

User avatar
Callum Todd
Enthusiast
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:38 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Callum Todd » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:12 pm

sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere, i'm a bit out of the loop with countdown stuff at the moment, but what dictionary will be in use for CoC? Will it be the ODO as of its recent update, the ODO from before the update, the old hard copy of ODE3, or something else?
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.

Countdown Team
Acolyte
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:13 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Countdown Team » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:28 pm

www.oxforddictionaries.com - The live internet version on the day, so whatever is in, is in.

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9345
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by James Robinson » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:29 pm

Is there a reason why the quarter-final line-up isn't the usual 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, etc.....??
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

JackHurst
Series 63 Champion
Posts: 1288
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:40 pm
Location: Leics

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by JackHurst » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:31 pm

James Robinson wrote:Is there a reason why the quarter-final line-up isn't the usual 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, etc.....??
Because there are no seeds, so why make the order more complicated than it needs to be?

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9345
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by James Robinson » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:34 pm

JackHurst wrote:
James Robinson wrote:Is there a reason why the quarter-final line-up isn't the usual 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, etc.....??
Because there are no seeds, so why make the order more complicated than it needs to be?
Well, it's not stopped them using it in the last few CoC's.... :P (Discounting the 30BC as a CoC, of course)
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

User avatar
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion
Posts: 1527
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Graeme Cole » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:41 pm

Remember when the 30th Birthday Championship draw was announced and I made a nice spreadsheet showing all the matches and the structure of the draw?

This time I'm on holiday and so I've used different, lower-tech tools to perform the same task. I'm sure you'll agree that you can hardly tell the difference.

Image

User avatar
Callum Todd
Enthusiast
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:38 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Callum Todd » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:01 pm

Countdown Team wrote:http://www.oxforddictionaries.com - The live internet version on the day, so whatever is in, is in.
Thanks (y)
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.

User avatar
Callum Todd
Enthusiast
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:38 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Callum Todd » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Games 3 and 10 are gonna be whack.
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.

Matty Artell
Rookie
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:38 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Matty Artell » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:04 pm

Image

Unlike Graeme, I'm still in the 21st century, so here you go <3 xoxo

User avatar
Andy Platt
Kiloposter
Posts: 1061
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Andy Platt » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:49 pm

Cool stuff. Doubt I'll make it past round one like, but I'll enjoy every second.

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 8371
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Gavin Chipper » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:52 pm

Awesome stuff. I think the line-up falls largely in line with people's predictions. Obviously no Garner or Monaghan, but their inclusion was speculative (and we don't know who if anyone declined their invitations). So who are the early favourites? Anyone willing to do an entire 15-match prediction?

George Pryn
Acolyte
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:55 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by George Pryn » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:15 pm

Gucci

Matty Artell
Rookie
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:38 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Matty Artell » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:18 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:Awesome stuff. I think the line-up falls largely in line with people's predictions. Obviously no Garner or Monaghan, but their inclusion was speculative (and we don't know who if anyone declined their invitations). So who are the early favourites? Anyone willing to do an entire 15-match prediction?
Although only a few are clear-cut (or as close to as you can get in this game) these are my thoughts;

RO16; Tom > Glen, Giles > Heather, David > Andy, Dylan > Tracey, Jen > George, Callum > Samir, Dan > Paul, Mark > Antoinette
QF; Giles > Tom, Dylan > David, Callum > Jen, Dan > Mark
SF; Dylan > Giles, Dan > Callum
GF; Dylan > Dan

Quite a few tricky matchups to decide though. This could easily go any way. That said, #TeamDylan2015

Edit; David > Dylan in the QF. rip
Last edited by Matty Artell on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bradley Cates
Acolyte
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:47 pm
Location: Southport
Contact:

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Bradley Cates » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:22 pm

Good luck, everyone! I'm sure that this will be a very entertaining Champion of Champions!
Sfumato soup

User avatar
Andy Platt
Kiloposter
Posts: 1061
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Andy Platt » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:23 pm

Too early to say, depends who has the most time available to practice. You know how it is.

I'm looking forward to an avalanche of 4 large and 6 small numbers though.

Andy McGurn
Enthusiast
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:53 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Andy McGurn » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:29 pm

Bradley Cates wrote:Good luck, everyone! I'm sure that this will be a very entertaining Champion of Champions!
Were you invited?

User avatar
Bradley Cates
Acolyte
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:47 pm
Location: Southport
Contact:

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Bradley Cates » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:32 pm

Andy McGurn wrote:
Bradley Cates wrote:Good luck, everyone! I'm sure that this will be a very entertaining Champion of Champions!
Were you invited?
No.
Sfumato soup

Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter
Posts: 1461
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:33 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Eoin Monaghan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:41 pm

Looks quality!

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 8371
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Gavin Chipper » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:45 pm

Eoin Monaghan wrote:Looks quality!
Were you invited?

User avatar
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Jennifer Steadman » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:50 pm

Countdown Team - is it true that contestants aren't automatically spared a seat for CoC filming sessions they're not in?
🍆

User avatar
Tracey Anne Mills
Acolyte
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, In My House somewhere in sunny Stockport with my two cats Torti and Ginge

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Tracey Anne Mills » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:51 pm

Matty Artell wrote:Image

Unlike Graeme, I'm still in the 21st century, so here you go <3 xoxo
Great Draw :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills

User avatar
Andy Platt
Kiloposter
Posts: 1061
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Andy Platt » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:56 pm

#TeamTracey2015

Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter
Posts: 1461
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:33 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Eoin Monaghan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:27 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Eoin Monaghan wrote:Looks quality!
Were you invited?
I wasn't. Kind of spared me from a tricky decision of having to contest practicing/filming with the first few weeks of uni, anyway.

Seems I was just unlucky to miss out on 30BC due to age! Good luck to everyone.

User avatar
Ben Wilson
Legend
Posts: 3799
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:05 pm
Location: North Hykeham

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Ben Wilson » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:34 pm

Countdown Team wrote:MONDAY NOVEMBER 23RD

1. TOM CAPPLEMAN V GLENN WEBB

2. HEATHER STYLES V GILES HUTCHINGS

3. ANDY PLATT V DAVID BARNARD

4. DYLAN TAYLOR V TRACEY MILLS

5. GEORGE FORD V JEN STEADMAN










TUESDAY NOVEMBER 24TH

6. CALLUM TODD V SAMIR PILICA

7. DAN MCCOLM V PAUL JAMES

8. ANTOINETTE RYAN V MARK MURRAY

9. Winner of 1 v Winner of 2

10. Winner of 3 v Winner of 4





WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 25TH

11. Winner of 5 v Winner of 6

12. Winner of 7 v Winner of 8

13. Winner of 9 v Winner of 10

14. Winner of 11 v Winner of 12

15. Winner of 13 v Winner of 14
Do you know what the broadcast dates will be yet?

Mark Mills
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:34 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Mark Mills » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:55 pm

Jennifer Steadman wrote:Countdown Team - is it true that contestants aren't automatically spared a seat for CoC filming sessions they're not in?
My question also Jen, Sure we all want to stay and watch our friends in the other games even if Tracey gets beat and sure it applies to all contestants as we all know each other.. If Tracey loses to Dylan we would both like to be there to watch the rest as audience members.
Married to Tracey Mills but please don't be put off. :D

User avatar
Rhys Benjamin
Kiloposter
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:28 pm
Location: Down in the tube station at midnight
Contact:

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Rhys Benjamin » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:20 pm

Matty Artell wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:Awesome stuff. I think the line-up falls largely in line with people's predictions. Obviously no Garner or Monaghan, but their inclusion was speculative (and we don't know who if anyone declined their invitations). So who are the early favourites? Anyone willing to do an entire 15-match prediction?
Although only a few are clear-cut (or as close to as you can get in this game) these are my thoughts;

RO16; Tom > Glen, Giles > Heather, David > Andy, Dylan > Tracey, Jen > George, Callum > Samir, Dan > Paul, Mark > Antoinette
QF; Giles > Tom, Dylan > David, Callum > Jen, Dan > Mark
SF; Dylan > Giles, Dan > Callum
GF; Dylan > Dan

Quite a few tricky matchups to decide though. This could easily go any way. That said, #TeamDylan2015
Purely based on instinct, I largely agree, although I reckon Andy could beat David in Round One (or R16, whatever), and George may just squeeze past Jen. That means we'd have QFs of Dylan v Andy (Dylan) and Callum v George (Callum). I reckon Tom will beat Giles in the quarters, setting up a Dylan v Tom semi, and again I think Dylan will prevail. In the final, however... what's the betting on a double-max for the first 14 rounds with 819 horrible unsolved conundrums until they find a winner?

What my statistical analysis says when I run it through the computer later could be quite different. For example, it hugely underestimated Antoinette in the S71 finals, expecting her to lose her semi final (albeit the margin was pretty tight to make that call).
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9345
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by James Robinson » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:41 pm

Ben Wilson wrote:
Countdown Team wrote:MONDAY NOVEMBER 23RD

1. TOM CAPPLEMAN V GLENN WEBB

2. HEATHER STYLES V GILES HUTCHINGS

3. ANDY PLATT V DAVID BARNARD

4. DYLAN TAYLOR V TRACEY MILLS

5. GEORGE FORD V JEN STEADMAN










TUESDAY NOVEMBER 24TH

6. CALLUM TODD V SAMIR PILICA

7. DAN MCCOLM V PAUL JAMES

8. ANTOINETTE RYAN V MARK MURRAY

9. Winner of 1 v Winner of 2

10. Winner of 3 v Winner of 4





WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 25TH

11. Winner of 5 v Winner of 6

12. Winner of 7 v Winner of 8

13. Winner of 9 v Winner of 10

14. Winner of 11 v Winner of 12

15. Winner of 13 v Winner of 14
Do you know what the broadcast dates will be yet?
I bet it'll start on January 11, so it would finish on January 29, the day before COLIN. ;) :) :D
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

George Pryn
Acolyte
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:55 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by George Pryn » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:41 pm

Jennifer Steadman wrote:Countdown Team - is it true that contestants aren't automatically spared a seat for CoC filming sessions they're not in?
Our game is going to be so good 8-)

User avatar
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja
Posts: 4154
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London, UK

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Jon O'Neill » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:37 am

James Robinson wrote:
Ben Wilson wrote:Do you know what the broadcast dates will be yet?
I bet it'll start on January 11, so it would finish on January 29, the day before COLIN. ;) :) :D
This will be sick. We can watch the final on Gevin's TV on the COLIN train.

Dinos Sfyris
Fanatic
Posts: 2704
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am
Location: Sheffield

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Dinos Sfyris » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:53 am

Nice :)

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9345
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by James Robinson » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:56 am

Jon O'Neill wrote:
James Robinson wrote:
Ben Wilson wrote:Do you know what the broadcast dates will be yet?
I bet it'll start on January 11, so it would finish on January 29, the day before COLIN. ;) :) :D
This will be sick. We can watch the final on Gevin's TV on the COLIN train.
I'm purely basing this on the fact that my latest information from my internal sources suggest that the Series 73 final is being broadcast on Christmas Day!! :o :shock:

So, restarting with the CoC on January 4 might just be a bit too early...
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Countdown Team
Acolyte
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:13 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Countdown Team » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:40 am

Final is Wed 23 of December.
C of C starts on Jan 4th.
That's from our internal sources. 8-)

User avatar
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion
Posts: 1527
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Graeme Cole » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:12 am

George Pryn wrote:
Jennifer Steadman wrote:Countdown Team - is it true that contestants aren't automatically spared a seat for CoC filming sessions they're not in?
Our game is going to be so good 8-)
The idea that in the first round, every contestant is playing for one of the limited audience seats at the next day's games, certainly adds to the drama.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests