The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by Callum Todd »

Countdown Team wrote:There WILL be another C of C.

Logistics yet to be worked out as we're not that far ahead, but likely on-screen in Jan 2015 for 3 weeks, so just 16 players and definitely excluding 30th birthday participants, for no other reason other than to give different people a chance to play again. Filming would be in November / December.

:o
:D
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.
Bradley Cates
Acolyte

Post by Bradley Cates »

Logistics yet to be worked out as we're not that far ahead, but likely on-screen in Jan 2015 for 3 weeks, so just 16 players and definitely excluding 30th birthday participants, for no other reason other than to give different people a chance to play again. Filming would be in November / December.

Terrific news!
Sfumato soup
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Woo! Yay!
Countdown Team wrote:definitely excluding 30th birthday participants, for no other reason other than to give different people a chance to play again.
This was expected, is understandable, and genuinely doesn't dampen my "woo yay" one bit. There are at least 16 players from series 67 onwards (or from earlier but who couldn't play in the 30BC) who would deserve a place in a CoC, so it makes sense.
Countdown Team wrote: :o
I was going to write this emoticon. Now I have to think of a different one.

:!:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Excellent. Obviously we're now going to have to start saying who we think should be included.
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

Gavin Chipper wrote:Excellent. Obviously we're now going to have to start saying who we think should be included.
Dave?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Callum Todd wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:Excellent. Obviously we're now going to have to start saying who we think should be included.
Dave?
You'd include Dave Preece? Interesting choice.
Fred Mumford
Enthusiast

Post by Fred Mumford »

Well he is undefeated.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

In coming up with my own list, I'm not too bothered about having the same number of people from each series, although it might be nice to have at least two per series. Basically all champions automatically qualify, and then the rest do based on some combination of how far they got and how good I thought they were when they were on. Some series had a higher level of quality than others.

OK, so here's a list of some people I might pick:

Series 62: Oliver Garner
Series 63: Eoin Monaghan
Series 67: Paul James, Heather Styles, David Barnard
Series 68: Giles Hutchings, Andy Platt, Eileen Taylor
Series 69: Callum Todd, Dylan Taylor, Jen Steadman, Bradley Cates, Glen Webb
Series 70: Mark Murray, Andy Naylor, Samir Pilica
Series 71: ???

There's already 16 in that list, so potentially two or three might have to be dropped based on what happens in series 71. As beaten semi-finalists without a massively strong scoring record, I think David Barnard, Eileen Taylor and Samir Pilica could be in the firing line. My bias based on current skill on Apterous would mean wanting to keep David Barnard, but can that be objectively justified? I'd say that since it's not an exact science anyway, it would be good for the game to have him in. Realistically, quota-based thinking probably increases Eileen Taylor's chances, so that puts Samir Pilicia on the edge.

Also it's very series 69 heavy. Jen Steadman is the only beaten quarter-finalist on my list, but the high scoring does it for me, and also from their point of view they might want more female contestants. I'd pick her anyway though. Then you have beaten semi-finalists Glen Webb and Bradley Cates. Both high scorers, but is it enough?

Heather Styles and Andy Naylor weren't the strongest scorers, but both made the final so I'd say they are in a safer position than some of the others I've mentioned.

If it was entirely down to me, I'd probably take out Eileen, Samir and Bradley in that order to make way for series 71 contestants, but probably a more realistic prediction is Samir, Bradley, Glen, or with maybe Samir shifted along if they think there's too many from series 69. David Barnard too is probably at risk, but it's likely one of him or Samir could be saved to stop it being series 69 heavy.

The eight I didn't mention as potential casualties were Oliver Garner, Eoin Monaghan, Paul James, Giles Hutchings, Andy Platt, Callum Todd, Dylan Taylor and Mark Murray. Oliver and Eoin are there because they weren't allowed in the 30th Birthday thing for age reasons or something but have done enough to warrant a place.
Fred Mumford
Enthusiast

Post by Fred Mumford »

Of the borderline contenders, would players who have only had one bite at the cherry (eg David Barnard, Samir Pilica) be more favourably looked upon than higher scoring players who had a second run (eg Glen and Bradley)?
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

GREAT NEWS!!! Almost, but not quite, makes me want to change the location of my IP address and start pirating the show. ;)

Based solely on what we've seen so far, I would choose:
S62 - Oliver Garner
S63 - either Marcus Hares (had to decline 30BC entry) or Eoin Monaghan... or both, if S71 turns out to be a clunker.
S67 - Paul James, Heather Styles, David Barnard
S68 - Giles Hutchings, Andy Platt
S69 - Callum Todd, Dylan Taylor, Jen Steadman
S70 - Mark Murray, Andy Naylor, Samir Pilica

This leaves room for two or three S71ers. For whatever reason, the Champion of Champions has (in the past) tended not to be a series champion; along these lines, my bets for overall winner are on Dylan.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

Hang on, will series 71 definitely be included in this then? I imagine filming will start very soon, if not immediately, after series 71 finishes so will it be possible to plan them in? If so, great, the more the merrier. But I assumed that wouldn't be the case. Would be good for Bradley, Jen, and David to get their chance.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Callum Todd wrote:Hang on, will series 71 definitely be included in this then? I imagine filming will start very soon, if not immediately, after series 71 finishes so will it be possible to plan them in? If so, great, the more the merrier. But I assumed that wouldn't be the case. Would be good for Bradley, Jen, and David to get their chance.
Well, all the previous CoC's have included players from the last main series, so I assume it wouldn't be much of a problem. I'm assuming that the Series 71 finals will be recording in early November, so CoC XIV would record in late November, or possibly early December. ;) :) :D
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Callum Todd wrote:Hang on, will series 71 definitely be included in this then? I imagine filming will start very soon, if not immediately, after series 71 finishes so will it be possible to plan them in? If so, great, the more the merrier. But I assumed that wouldn't be the case. Would be good for Bradley, Jen, and David to get their chance.
The pool of contestants for a CoC has generally seemed to close about two-thirds of the way through the last series before it. For instance, Jon Corby and Tony Warren weren't entered into CoC XII, but Matthew Shore was; and Martin Bishop wasn't entered into CoC XIII, but Charlie Reams was. I'd say there could well be time for at least two people from S71.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Johnny Canuck wrote:
The pool of contestants for a CoC has generally seemed to close about two-thirds of the way through the last series before it. For instance, Jon Corby and Tony Warren weren't entered into CoC XII, but Matthew Shore was; and Martin Bishop wasn't entered into CoC XIII, but Charlie Reams was. I'd say there could well be time for at least two people from S71.
I think that's only a recent thing and may only actually have happened once (the Corby case). It was said that Jon Corby would have been put into the CoC but he went on too late and indeed he was put in the next one. Tony Warren's octorun carried on into the next series anyway so doesn't count. Also, Charlie Reams was seeded higher than and got further than Martin Bishop so that's not really strong evidence. I don't think there's any evidence with previous series, so I don't think it should be a major problem using the late contestants from series 71.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Just seen this. Excellent news, looking forward!
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Thanks for the announcement.

Amongst all the speculation, I think the most interesting one to watch is to see if David gets on - clearly would be one of the favourites to win the whole thing because he has improved so much online since his semi-final, but I have a feeling on-screen performance might be the decider.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Given a free choice:

Series 60: J Gough
Series 61: R Taylor
Series 62: O Garner
Series 63: E Monaghan
Series 67: P James, D Barnard
Series 68: G Hutchings, A Platt
Series 69: C Todd, D Taylor
Series 70: M Murray, A Naylor
Series 71: (two to three people)

Standby list:

S Pilica
P Munday
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Gavin Chipper wrote:Also it's very series 69 heavy.
I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. Series 69 happened to be an exceptionally talent-heavy series.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Rhys Benjamin wrote:Given a free choice:

Standby list:

S Pilica
P Munday
Wot no Jen?

Also, that's only 14 to 15 people.
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Rhys "Realistic" Benjamin strikes again ;)
Zubair Patel
Rookie

Post by Zubair Patel »

Great news ! Should make excellent viewing.
So many good players to pick from but I'm surprised Zarte's name hasn't been mentioned yet.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Zubair Patel wrote:Great news ! Should make excellent viewing.
So many good players to pick from but I'm surprised Zarte's name hasn't been mentioned yet.
Well, the fact that Zarte didn't make the finals of his series sort of rules him out, I'm afraid, Zubair. (Although, he would've been brilliant in it too. :) )
Zubair Patel
Rookie

Post by Zubair Patel »

Ah ok. Wasn't sure of the criteria.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Zubair Patel wrote:Ah ok. Wasn't sure of the criteria.
I don't think there are actually any specific criteria as such, but realistically those who didn't make the quarter finals probably won't be selected.
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Post by Jennifer Steadman »

Surprised no-one's mentioned Rose Boyle yet. She took the eventual series winner to a crucial in the semi final, got 11 maxes in doing so, overcame a 24-point deficit in her QF, and was an octochamp prior to all that. Plus she's a demographic breaker although, quite frankly, that's barely relevant when there are quite a few strongly eligible female contestants whose performances and achievements negate any need for tokenism.
"There's leaders, and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" - Aristotle
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

James Robinson wrote:
Well, the fact that Zarte didn't make the finals of his series sort of rules him out, I'm afraid, Zubair. (Although, he would've been brilliant in it too. :) )
:'(
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Yeah Jen, I agree. It wouldn't surprise me if she made it in ahead of other semi-finalists.

It's hard to call a 16 - so many things to consider, not least how far back in time to go. The last CoC was between S59 and S60, so I guess that might be the marker. Anyone since then who wasn't in the 30BC is a contender, I guess. Also hard to suggest how objective/subjective to be. We all know Zarte and David would smash it, but on paper, the likes of Andy Naylor are more likely to be called up, so it's tricky.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Anyone pre-30BC who didn't apply for the 30BC shouldn't be considered for the CoC IMHO. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the 30BC is effectively seen as a CoC for people who appeared between series 60 and 66.

That said though, Eoin should definitely get an invite after being left out of the 30BC.
David Barnard
Enthusiast

Post by David Barnard »

Fantastic news, hope it's a good one! And I'll look forward to seeing some great match ups and genuinely honoured that so many people have said they'd pick me so cheers :)
David Barnard
Enthusiast

Post by David Barnard »

Standby list:

S Pilica
P Munday

What about Daniel Pati too? he's a cracking player
Matt Croy

Post by Matt Croy »

Zarte Siempre wrote:
James Robinson wrote:
:'(
I'm with you on that one Zarte, us '5 wins and standby finalists' folk probably won't be eligible :'(
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty »

Standby list:

S Pilica
P Munday
I'd forgotten Ryan wasn't in the 30BC so he's another possibility. My picks would be...

My prediction is....

Mark Murray
Andy Naylor
Callum Todd
Dylan Taylor
Jen Steadman
Glen Webb
Giles Hutchings
Andy Platt
Eileen Taylor
Paul James
Heather Styles
David Barnard
Eoin Monaghan
Oliver Garner

Included 14 here leaving room for two which could potentially filled by Series 71 contestants, or great players such as Ryan or Bradley who I haven't mentioned
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Great news!

The only downside with these things is the toiling over who gets to be included. Obviously there are always going to be people walking away disappointed which sucks, but there's nothing you can do. There's droves of people from series 60-67 who would have been good enough to get into their biannual CofC, but couldn't be included in 30BC. If that group is considered too, then we're probably looking at a pool of 24+ players from which only 16 can be picked :(

I hope Eoin Monaghan gets included this time. It's really sad that he couldn't be in 30BC because he was too young.
Dave Preece
Devotee

Post by Dave Preece »

My 16:

E MANAGHAN
O GARNER
P JAMES
D BARNARD
H STYLES
G HUTCHINGS
A PLATT
E TAYLOR
D TAYLOR
C TODD
J STEADMAN
G WEBB
B CATES
M MURRAY
A NAYLOR
S PILICA
Fred Mumford
Enthusiast

Post by Fred Mumford »

Which 2 or 3 are on your danger list when the series 71 stars scream "oi, what about us?"
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Exciting news! Can we be informed of filming dates - if I'm free I'd love to go back and watch!
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Andy Platt wrote:We all know Zarte and David would smash it, but on paper, the likes of Andy Naylor are more likely to be called up, so it's tricky.
I don't think that's necessarily fair or true. Apterous performance simply should not factor, not at all.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon Corby wrote:
Andy Platt wrote:We all know Zarte and David would smash it, but on paper, the likes of Andy Naylor are more likely to be called up, so it's tricky.
I don't think that's necessarily fair or true. Apterous performance simply should not factor, not at all.
I think you're right really. Apterous shouldn't count so I wouldn't include Zarte even though he's obviously be very good. David Barnard is borderline anyway, so I could claim to choose him on Countdown performances and just say "How am I supposed to know if some subconscious force nudged him from just missing out to just making it?"
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Dave Preece wrote:My 16:

E MANAGHAN
O GARNER
P JAMES
D BARNARD
H STYLES
G HUTCHINGS
A PLATT
E TAYLOR
D TAYLOR
C TODD
J STEADMAN
G WEBB
B CATES
M MURRAY
A NAYLOR
S PILICA
Exactly the same as mine.
Jennifer Steadman wrote:Surprised no-one's mentioned Rose Boyle yet. She took the eventual series winner to a crucial in the semi final, got 11 maxes in doing so, overcame a 24-point deficit in her QF, and was an octochamp prior to all that. Plus she's a demographic breaker although, quite frankly, that's barely relevant when there are quite a few strongly eligible female contestants whose performances and achievements negate any need for tokenism.
Overall I'd say her record is weaker than the others, and personally if I picked her, she'd be the fourth pick from a series that wasn't the strongest anyway.
Chris Marshall
Acolyte

Post by Chris Marshall »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Jennifer Steadman wrote:Surprised no-one's mentioned Rose Boyle yet. She took the eventual series winner to a crucial in the semi final, got 11 maxes in doing so, overcame a 24-point deficit in her QF, and was an octochamp prior to all that. Plus she's a demographic breaker although, quite frankly, that's barely relevant when there are quite a few strongly eligible female contestants whose performances and achievements negate any need for tokenism.
Overall I'd say her record is weaker than the others, and personally if I picked her, she'd be the fourth pick from a series that wasn't the strongest anyway.
S67 had the most number of wins between quarter finalists since S47 (which has not been bettered since), the 9th seed was beaten by the 5th seed in S68, the 10th seed beaten by the runner-up, the 11th seed beaten by the winner. Each series has it's own merits for being strong.
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Jon Corby wrote:Apterous performance simply should not factor, not at all.
Andy Platt wrote:I have a feeling on-screen performance might be the decider.
I'm glad we're in accordance ;)
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Chris Marshall wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:
S67 had the most number of wins between quarter finalists since S47 (which has not been bettered since), the 9th seed was beaten by the 5th seed in S68, the 10th seed beaten by the runner-up, the 11th seed beaten by the winner. Each series has it's own merits for being strong.
Good point. You should be in it. I won't amend my list just yet though...
Scott Gillies
Rookie

Post by Scott Gillies »

Me me me. :). One of these days I'll appear on a list. The list will probably be something completely unrelated to countdown right enough.
David Barnard
Enthusiast

Post by David Barnard »

The 16 who I think will get in (want would make this narcisistic as I'd love to play)

C Todd
D Taylor
J Steadman
M Murray
A Naylor
E Taylor
A Platt
A Fish
E Monaghan
P James
H Styles
R Boyle

The other 4, I honestly can't choose
Edward McCullagh
Series 64 Champion

Post by Edward McCullagh »

David Barnard wrote:The 16 who I think will get in (want would make this narcisistic as I'd love to play)

C Todd
D Taylor
J Steadman
M Murray
A Naylor
E Taylor
A Platt
A Fish
E Monaghan
P James
H Styles
R Boyle

The other 4, I honestly can't choose
G Hutchings? :?
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Since everyone's posting their list, here's mine, in no particular order other than which series they were in.

Oliver Garner
Eoin Monaghan
Paul James
Heather Styles
Giles Hutchings
Andy Platt
Dylan Taylor
Callum Todd
Jen Steadman
Glen Webb
Mark Murray
Samir Pilica
Andy Naylor

Plus three from:
David Barnard
Rose Boyle
Eileen Taylor
Bradley Cates
Various S71 peeps we might not know about yet
Heather Styles

Post by Heather Styles »

My tuppence-worth: same first 13 as Graeme, plus David Barnard, Rose Boyle and Bradley Cates. No Series 71 contestants because of the dictionary change and to give them a breather?
Last edited by Heather Styles on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edward McCullagh
Series 64 Champion

What I'd like to see is the 5 series champs and 5 runners-up in a first round proper and the 10 semi finalists plus Jen Steadman and Eoin Monaghan play off for the remaining spots in six preliminary games.
Fred Mumford
Enthusiast

Post by Fred Mumford »

Edward McCullagh wrote:What I'd like to see is the 5 series champs and 5 runners-up in a first round proper and the 10 semi finalists plus Jen Steadman and Eoin Monaghan play off for the remaining spots in six preliminary games.
What about Oli Garner though?
Edward McCullagh
Series 64 Champion

Fred Mumford wrote:
Edward McCullagh wrote:What I'd like to see is the 5 series champs and 5 runners-up in a first round proper and the 10 semi finalists plus Jen Steadman and Eoin Monaghan play off for the remaining spots in six preliminary games.
What about Oli Garner though?
Oliver Garner wrote:Certainly flattered to be considered for such a tournament - thought my onscreen Countdown days were over! I would love to do it but it would have to fit with other stuff and it would also mean I'm putting my unbeaten record at risk, which is always my reason (along with exams) whenever people ask why I haven't done a CoC or similar.
He's had his chance. :twisted:
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Edward McCullagh wrote: He's had his chance. :twisted:
That's just mean :(
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Dude, Oli, don't worry about the unbeaten record. Seriously. You'll always be Oli Garner, Countdown champion. Everything else is profit.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
sean d
Acolyte

Post by sean d »

Dunno about anyone else on here, but for me "champion hammered in first round of CoC " > "champion avoided CoC"
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Mark Deeks wrote:Dude, Oli, don't worry about the unbeaten record. Seriously. You'll always be Oli Garner, Countdown champion. Everything else is profit.
It's not that I worry or care particularly about my unbeaten record, of course I'd love to do CofC, what I was saying was that it's an explanation I use whenever I get in a conversation with a non-Countdowner that goes something like "have you done champions of champions?" - "no" - "why not?".
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Mark Deeks wrote:Dude, Oli, don't worry about the unbeaten record. Seriously. You'll always be Oli Garner, Countdown champion. Everything else is profit.
It's not that I worry or care particularly about my unbeaten record, of course I'd love to do CofC, what I was saying was that it's an easy explanation I use whenever I get in a conversation with a non-Countdowner that goes something like "have you done champions of champions?" - "no" - "why not?".
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Ben Wilson wrote:Anyone pre-30BC who didn't apply for the 30BC shouldn't be considered for the CoC IMHO. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the 30BC is effectively seen as a CoC for people who appeared between series 60 and 66.
I agree with this. However, if I wanted to play devil's advocate I might say: what if there were some people from series 60-66 who didn't make the cut for the 30BC, but could have been picked for a 16-player CoC if that had happened in January 2013 instead?

Well, this might be true if there were fewer than 16 players from series 60-66 in the 30th Birthday Championship. Today I thought to count them, and there were exactly 16. And 12 of those 16 played someone from that same era in their first 30BC game. So seeing the 30BC as a CoC for people who appeared between series 60 and 66 turns out to be surprisingly accurate.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Graeme Cole wrote:
Ben Wilson wrote:Anyone pre-30BC who didn't apply for the 30BC shouldn't be considered for the CoC IMHO. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the 30BC is effectively seen as a CoC for people who appeared between series 60 and 66.
I agree with this. However, if I wanted to play devil's advocate I might say: what if there were some people from series 60-66 who didn't make the cut for the 30BC, but could have been picked for a 16-player CoC if that had happened in January 2013 instead?

Well, this might be true if there were fewer than 16 players from series 60-66 in the 30th Birthday Championship. Today I thought to count them, and there were exactly 16. And 12 of those 16 played someone from that same era in their first 30BC game. So seeing the 30BC as a CoC for people who appeared between series 60 and 66 turns out to be surprisingly accurate.
This has come up before, and there's a lot of luck anyway, such as only 6 people being in the Scott Mearns CoC. So it's not a level playing field to begin with. So I would dismiss such a complaint.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Have any of the fixtures been decided yet?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Have any of the fixtures been decided yet?
Based on what I've been reading, it looks like it has been put on hold, as a few specials are being recorded in December instead........ ;) :) :D
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Dear Mr. C. Team,

A friend of a friend (possibly of another friend) mentioned on Aptochat that the CoC has been moved to July 2015 (i.e., Series 73 instead of 72). Are said rumours true?

Cheers,
JC