5:00 - Pointless or The Chase?

For all TV game shows, past, present and future, apart from the main event.

Moderators: JackHurst, Lesley Hines

Pointless or The Chase at 5?

Pointless, BBC One
73%
The Chase, ITV1
27%

Total votes: 11

Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

5:00 - Pointless or The Chase?

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Now that Pointless has moved, it clashes with The Chase.

So what do you watch live and which one do you iplayer/itvplayer?
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Re: 5:00 - Pointless or The Chase?

Post by Michael Wallace »

I watch both on demand, but I reckon if I had to watch one live it would be The Chase. Pointles has way more fluff I think - you can get through an episode in about 11 minutes on iPlayer with good skipping, whereas The Chase has a lot more content (Chaser banter is technically fluff I guess, but it's hilarious fluff).
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Definitely the Chase. It's quicker and has more questions, you can (like Michael said) watch the whole episode in no time on iPlayer and just skip all the boring rounds.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Wow. You lot let me down. You need to pay more attention to Pointless, in the last year/series or so it's gone from standard but cool quiz fare to being as much a comedy as it is a quiz show. The relationship between Alexander and Richard was always pretty good but in recent times it's taken a sudden and dramatic rise into pure excellence. Like you, I used to skip through the introductions (Sky+ always shows +7 mins before the first question appears) and the bits in between rounds but recently I've discovered how much the comedy has developed and I never skip it any more. I usually laugh out loud at least twice an episode, and that's pretty awesome for a quiz show.

But yeah, to answer the question we always record Pointless and Come Dine With Me which overlap so I don't get to record The Chase until an hour later on ITV+1. And then watch them all whenever.
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Pointless definitely. Never been that fussed about the Chase.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Easy, The Chase, Pointless doesn't start till 5:15. :geek:

But considering that yesterday's Chase is still on my Sky+ box, it's gotta be Pointless. :D
Last edited by James Robinson on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Matt Morrison wrote:Wow. You lot let me down. You need to pay more attention to Pointless, in the last year/series or so it's gone from standard but cool quiz fare to being as much a comedy as it is a quiz show. The relationship between Alexander and Richard was always pretty good but in recent times it's taken a sudden and dramatic rise into pure excellence. Like you, I used to skip through the introductions (Sky+ always shows +7 mins before the first question appears) and the bits in between rounds but recently I've discovered how much the comedy has developed and I never skip it any more. I usually laugh out loud at least twice an episode, and that's pretty awesome for a quiz show.
Well said. Richard is just phenomenally quick with the one-liners. My favourite one recently was when Troy Ramsey-Axelsson was on with his husband (Staffan) and Round 1 was "Nicolas Cage films". One of the other players had come up with a pretty good answer, a film I'd never heard of called Bangkok Dangerous. When it was Staffan's turn, he opted for Face/Off which he demonstrated with a little mime (putting his hand in front of his face and then pulling it away). Richard immediately quipped: "Probably just as well you didn't pick Bangkok Dangerous."
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Righto, well we'll give watching it without skipping a go again. I just get a bit fed up, particularly with the shittier multiple choice rounds, hearing contestant after contestant explain why they're picking one answer at random over another gets a bit tedious. But I'll give it a go.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

I watched more of Pointless today, but still prefer to watch the Chase. I like how now when the Chaser gets it wrong on the first step in the final chase the team gets an extra step.
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

I watch Flog It!, Pointless starts as soon as it finishes, so I forget that The Chase is on at all, and so don't even look for it in On Demand :roll:
Perhaps this thread will remind me, though probably not today, as I'll be going out both in the afternoon and evening :?
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

One of Ryan's teammates today (Sharon) was also on today's episode of Pointless.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:One of Ryan's teammates today (Sharon) was also on today's episode of Pointless.
Are you saying Ryan was on The Chase today? If so, why did no one give us some advance notice? :facepalm:
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Eoin Monaghan wrote:One of Ryan's teammates today (Sharon) was also on today's episode of Pointless.
Are you saying Ryan was on The Chase today? If so, why did no one give us some advance notice? :facepalm:
Sorry, I thought a lot of people knew, I'm guessing you haven't read today's recap then?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Sorry Phil. I should have done. You can hate Facebook all you like but it sorts all this stuff out.
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Funny moment on The Chase today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Klz5qncZQ
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Jojo Apollo wrote:Funny moment on The Chase today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Klz5qncZQ
Yeah - saw this.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...