James On The Chase.....A Possible 2nd Chance......

For all TV game shows, past, present and future, apart from the main event.

Moderators: JackHurst, Lesley Hines

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

James On The Chase.....A Possible 2nd Chance......

Post by James Robinson »

Well, unless you were on Apterous around about 12:15 this morning, or are of my few select friends who I've told via Facebook, or some other medium, you might not be aware of my recent escapade in the quiz show world.

A few weeks ago, I was a bit under the weather, and Rich Priest suggested that The Chase might be a good quiz to try and apply for, and since I hadn't tried for anything since Perfection, I thought I'd try that, so I sent my form off, and then around 4 weeks ago, I got a reply saying that I was wanted for an audition in Manchester on March 6th (Sunday just gone, if you can't count).

So, I went to the audition full of confidence and I found a whole mix of people in the bunch of 9 (including me) to audition. They included the man who wears the mascot suit at Stockport County, an ex-army man who is recording an episode of The Weakest Link next week, and a woman who mistakenly applied for the show thinking it was something similar to The Cube :!: :shock:

I thought I had done very well in the 2 general knowledge audio tests, I think getting roughly 15/20 each time, then after the personal introduction, we had a sort of describing game where we had to make the rest of the team guess what was written on the card in front of me. I was the penultimate person to go on this task, but it was worth the wait, all the clues were things I knew of (unlike some of the others who clearly had some trouble with a couple), such as "things that are red", "Cluedo characters", "comedy duos" and perfectly for me, "James Bond films". :D

Then in the team game at the end, basically half and half doing GK for 90 secs each, although my team had one extra player. After the other team got 18 in their 90, I thought this could be interesting, and within a few seconds, I'd stormed out of the blocks and left a few people in the room stunned, especially when I answered what B&Q stood for. 8-) In the end, my team got 20, and after some nervous waiting to see if we got through, I found that me and 4 others had made the SHORTLIST!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

So, I'm not quite there yet, but as they need 240 people from the shortlist of 400, my chances are 60%, so here's hoping that I might be reappearing on your telly set pretty soon. ;) :) :D

P.S. I also thought I'd start a new topic, as the other one was getting a bit long, especially as it was supposedly only for Karen's appearance originally.
Last edited by James Robinson on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Re: James On The Chase.....Possibly!!!

Post by Jon Corby »

Good luck James!

Oh wait, likes are broken.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Pretty cool, good luck!
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

Nice going James, good luck! 5 people from my audition were shortlisted (including me), one other person definitely filmed a show but 2 of the others I never saw on screen and the fifth I can't remember.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Good luck James.

I hope you emailed someone who'd been on before to get some tips for the audition! If not, then I can recommend that to anyone thinking of applying for this or any other show - it definitely puts you at an advantage. And the people on this forum are a jolly helpful bunch and are always willing to share information!
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Karen Pearson wrote:Good luck James.

I hope you emailed someone who'd been on before to get some tips for the audition! If not, then I can recommend that to anyone thinking of applying for this or any other show - it definitely puts you at an advantage. And the people on this forum are a jolly helpful bunch and are always willing to share information!
Oh, don't you worry, Karen.

I got as many sources as I could think of to help out with my audition, and so far it seems to have paid off.

Have just received my questionnaire too, so as soon I send that off, then the interesting phase happens. ;) :) :D
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: James On The Chase.....Knew It Was Too Good To Be True!!

Post by James Robinson »

BUMP

They've just finished the casting for The Chase, and unfortunately I haven't elevated from the shortlist. :(

Oh well, will try for something else soon, I'm sure. ;) :) :D
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Bad luck James. Never mind. At least you managed to get on to Pointless.
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

Aww bad luck mate.Like I said to you don't take it to heart, it can depend just as much on who else has applied as anything about you personally.Just have another go..whether at that or something else!

And like Karen says at least you got on Pointless - more than I could manage!
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Richard Priest wrote:Aww bad luck mate.
^ Yeah, this.

I suggest you talk to Ian Volante - he seems to be on everything atm :lol:

Ne'er mind, we'll look forward to the next ime :D
Lowering the averages since 2009
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

I have it on good authority that at least two people form c4c will be on the upcoming series of The Chase.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Ryan Taylor wrote:I have it on good authority that at least two people form c4c will be on the upcoming series of The Chase.
Yeah, I hear that one of them is a tall ginger bloke from Coniston, East Yorkshire. :D :roll:
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: James On The Chase.....A Possible 2nd Chance......

Post by James Robinson »

Had an e-mail sent to me yesterday saying that because I was on the shortlist for the last series, I'm now automatically on the shortlist for the next series. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Still doesn't mean I'm on yet, obviously, but they're recording 120 shows between October 2011 and April 2012, so chances must be pretty good now. :D
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

On the Chase today, that Paul guy is a complete nutter. On the Beatles question, Catherine said 1964 (the correct answer) and Paul ignored her. The Chaser won by just 6 seconds...
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

I was screaming Graham Hill at the TV!
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

Hmm they let anyone on these days, watching it on +1. Good show mind.
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

God why are they so dumb when it comes to taking a lower offer.

There'll be someone who is clearly crap, has only managed 2-3 questions right and they stick with 2/3 grand when they get one step closer and bring back slightly less at much better odds.
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

Good luck James. Really like this show - just submitted an application.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Did anyone know that Mark Labbett was a Countdown contestant?
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Rhys Benjamin wrote:Did anyone know that Mark Labbett was a Countdown contestant?
No. The wiki page you linked to was created through the spontaneous interaction of stray cosmic particles.