Page 2 of 2

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:46 am
by Marc Meakin
Matt Morrison wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:01 pm
http://www.c4countdown.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5257 <-- OC thread.
It looks like this is the thread to be

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:43 pm
by Euan Slatter
MONKMAN WAS ON THE ONE SHOW!!

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:01 pm
by Adam Gillard
Euan Slatter wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:43 pm
MONKMAN WAS ON THE ONE SHOW!!
And Seagull! Great shout :)

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:53 pm
by Marc Meakin
Great final especially the bit at the end at Cambridge

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:06 pm
by Marc Meakin
Go Innis

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:46 pm
by Adam Gillard
Wow, that was a thrilling contest! Well done to Innis and team for coming through against strong opponents.

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:05 pm
by Marc Meakin
Innis is on

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm
by Thomas Cappleman
Adam Gillard wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:46 pm
Wow, that was a thrilling contest! Well done to Innis and team for coming through against strong opponents.
Can just apply that comment for this round as well. So evenly matched all the way through, and just nicking it at the end.

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:14 pm
by Matty Artell
How did the same thing happen again

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:01 pm
by Thomas Carey
stanley wang. love that man

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:21 pm
by Jennifer Steadman
Thomas Carey wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:01 pm
stanley wang. love that man
HANDS OFF PAL. HE'S MY IDOL

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:26 am
by Matt Morrison
fucking hell i miss oc so much

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:08 pm
by Ian Volante
Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:21 pm
Thomas Carey wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:01 pm
stanley wang. love that man
HANDS OFF PAL. HE'S MY IDOL
He's MY Facebook friend, so nerrrr.

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:23 pm
by Jennifer Steadman
Ian Volante wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:08 pm
Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:21 pm
Thomas Carey wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:01 pm
stanley wang. love that man
HANDS OFF PAL. HE'S MY IDOL
He's MY Facebook friend, so nerrrr.
ERRRRRRM suck my dick m9, he's my Facebook friend too AND he did an autograph for me

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:20 pm
by Ian Volante
Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:23 pm
Ian Volante wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:08 pm
Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:21 pm


HANDS OFF PAL. HE'S MY IDOL
He's MY Facebook friend, so nerrrr.
ERRRRRRM suck my dick m9, he's my Facebook friend too AND he did an autograph for me
m9? I'm no motorway, girl

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:19 pm
by Adam Gillard
Thomas Cappleman wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Adam Gillard wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:46 pm
Wow, that was a thrilling contest! Well done to Innis and team for coming through against strong opponents.
Can just apply that comment for this round as well. So evenly matched all the way through, and just nicking it at the end.
Yep! Just watched it - another nail-biter and some good educated guesses there from Innis and team got you through against a very strong UCL team.

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:46 pm
by Thomas Cappleman
Thomas Cappleman wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Adam Gillard wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:46 pm
Wow, that was a thrilling contest! Well done to Innis and team for coming through against strong opponents.
Can just apply that comment for this round as well. So evenly matched all the way through, and just nicking it at the end.
Edinburgh in front for a whole set of bonuses at the end this time. Positively comfortable by their normal standards.

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:35 am
by Thomas Cappleman
Also well done to Tom Rowell and team for a more comfortable Only Connect victory

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:36 pm
by Innis Carson
Thanks very much to all of you for the kind words about UC - quite possibly the most stressful thing I've ever put myself through (it's even harder than it looks, and I'm all the more in awe now of the teams who can post high scores time after time without breaking a sweat) but also among the most fun. Would kill to do it again.

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:54 pm
by Thomas Cappleman
Innis Carson wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:36 pm
Thanks very much to all of you for the kind words about UC - quite possibly the most stressful thing I've ever put myself through (it's even harder than it looks, and I'm all the more in awe now of the teams who can post high scores time after time without breaking a sweat) but also among the most fun. Would kill to do it again.
Congratulations on a great run, and very gracious in defeat against an exceptionally strong performance. As Paxman said, you've shown your strength in the past, just couldn't get in against them on Monday.

And well done personally on your performance as captain, encouraging your team throughout (despite what the Mail claims!)

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:33 pm
by Graeme Cole
Thomas Cappleman wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:54 pm
And well done personally on your performance as captain, encouraging your team throughout (despite what the Mail claims!)
I had no idea what this was a reference to, so I looked for it. Anyone else can find it too, so I won't help the Mail by linking to the article. Suffice to say that all they've done is taken an ambiguous gesture to a team-mate and cranked out another one of those lazy articles where they combine an innocuous thing on a TV show with a few screenshots of tweets and pad it out to a few hundred words.

Anyway, well done to Innis and the team. Great performance through the series, unlucky you couldn't get further.

(Presumably the Mail tried to contact you for comment but gave up when they couldn't track down "Ennis Carter".)

Re: University Challenge and Only Connect 2016/17

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:55 pm
by Zarte Siempre
Graeme Cole wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:33 pm
Thomas Cappleman wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:54 pm
And well done personally on your performance as captain, encouraging your team throughout (despite what the Mail claims!)
I had no idea what this was a reference to, so I looked for it. Anyone else can find it too, so I won't help the Mail by linking to the article. Suffice to say that all they've done is taken an ambiguous gesture to a team-mate and cranked out another one of those lazy articles where they combine an innocuous thing on a TV show with a few screenshots of tweets and pad it out to a few hundred words.

Anyway, well done to Innis and the team. Great performance through the series, unlucky you couldn't get further.

(Presumably the Mail tried to contact you for comment but gave up when they couldn't track down "Ennis Carter".)
I advise all people to ask Innis for the full story of this some time. It is (for an outsider) genuinely hilarious.