Countdown Conundrum Quiz

Cerebral distractions of every kind, mostly but not exclusively Countdown-related.

Moderator: Michael Wallace

Steve Balog
Acolyte

Countdown Conundrum Quiz

Post by Steve Balog »

I decided to make a quiz with several conundrums I've written at various times in my thought processes. You're given 30 seconds a round, just like in Countdown, but you can take as many stabs as you need and any time you spend on easy gscrambles can be stored for harder rounds.

Of course, I get the feeling that for this site the question will not be "how many can I get," but "how fast can I score a 30/30," but here's the quiz. I'd definitely be willing to write more of these if people are in the mood.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Positive_E ... ndrum-quiz Here is the link.

gl hf gogogogoogogogo :D
There are no such things as methods. Only madness.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Re: Countdown Conundrum Quiz

Post by Jon Corby »

29/30, didn't get the bottom-middle one. Enjoyed that, rattled off about a dozen then slowly picked up the others. I pretended I was doing it for a million, so it was getting quite exciting when I picked off the second-last one with about 45 seconds to go, having taken a minute or so over each of the previous 4 or 5. I didn't win the million :(
Last edited by Jon Corby on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

That was cool. 27/30. Some of those scrambles are really well done.

I missed COSPLAYER MASOCHIST XENOPHOBE.
TOMBOYISH CASSEROLE took me bloody ages!
Chris Davies
Series 61 Champion

Post by Chris Davies »

I got them all in 3 minutes 5 seconds - about 2 minutes of that on COPYRIGHT. :D
Nice scrambles.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

28, completely missed COSPLAYER and, somewhat embarrassingly, PREDICATE.
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

cheers maus
Steve Balog
Acolyte

Post by Steve Balog »

lol soz, I was running out of ideas and started thinking back to earlier games. :P

fwiw I probably should've put the bottom center word at the very end, it's probably the most obscure word of the lot. And, reading the rules of Countdown, I don't think it's a valid conundrum anyways since I seem to remember that -ER words can't be used. Oh well.

Also that's a pretty impressive time, Chris. Aside from the one hangup that's like a 2 second average on the rest. I don't even think I can type the other 29 words in a minute, let alone unscramble them. I'm kind of curious what the score distribution is -- I thought Sporcle kept track of scores. You might have to play the game but it doesn't make a lot of sense for me to play my own quiz (that said, I think I forgot a few of these and I'd probably do worse than Chris did when all is said and done, haha)

If I think of more scrambles I'll write another in a bit.
There are no such things as methods. Only madness.