Scrabble-related plug

Cerebral distractions of every kind, mostly but not exclusively Countdown-related.

Moderator: Michael Wallace

Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Scrabble-related plug

Post by Charlie Reams »

Ben Wilson and I are running a consensus Scrabble game over on Scrabble UK. It's actually a variant called Clabbers in which any anagram of a real word is allowed. If you want to participate and/or spectate then you'd be very welcome; point your browser to the Scrabble UK forum. Clabbers is pretty explosive (the last game had a 13-letter bingo) so well worth tuning in!
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Re: Scrabble-related plug

Post by Joseph Bolas »

I don't suppose anyone here knows where I might be able to find a 2008 Scrabble Box Day-to-Day Calendar at all? I have been on Tilefish and there doesn't seem to be any on there and also there is only American ones on eBay.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Don't bother. The 2009 ones will be out in a month. If you're desperate, there's always ebay.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Ben Wilson wrote:Don't bother. The 2009 ones will be out in a month. If you're desperate, there's always ebay.
I was just about to edit my post to say that I had only just read my emails and Stewart has advised me that Amy at Tilefish might still have some copies left over.

I know theres only 4 months left in 2008, but I could still do with the dictionary to do the puzzles and get the tips etc.

EDIT: If I actually Google-search Scrabble Calendar, it brings up a Tilefish link which mentions the Scrabble and Countdown calendars from 2008, but this link is not actually accessible from the main Tilefish page, so not sure if that means they have ran out, but Amy will let me know.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Just incase people don't know already, the 2009 Countdown and Scrabble calendars are in the shops (well Waterstone's anyway), but I didn't get the prices.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Joseph Bolas wrote:Just incase people don't know already, the 2009 Countdown and Scrabble calendars are in the shops (well Waterstone's anyway), but I didn't get the prices.
They'll also be on http://www.tilefish.co.uk soon enough I'd imagine.

By no small coincidence, me and Charlie are planning another clabbers consensus game very soon, so watch uk-scrabble closely! :)
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Ben Wilson wrote:
Joseph Bolas wrote:Just incase people don't know already, the 2009 Countdown and Scrabble calendars are in the shops (well Waterstone's anyway), but I didn't get the prices.
They'll also be on http://www.tilefish.co.uk soon enough I'd imagine.

By no small coincidence, me and Charlie are planning another clabbers consensus game very soon, so watch uk-scrabble closely! :)
I saw that last game and it was quite good, but I found it hard to follow, because I didn't know what most of the anagrams were eg WINDBAGS, YIDAKI, WEFTE.

Is it possible please, when the move is listed, to state somwehere what the word is if not anagrammed.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Joseph Bolas wrote:Is it possible please, when the move is listed, to state somwehere what the word is if not anagrammed.
Sure, we'll do this from now on.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Joseph Bolas wrote:Is it possible please, when the move is listed, to state somwehere what the word is if not anagrammed.
Sure, we'll do this from now on.
Thank you :). I know I could've used a program like Zyzzyva to find the answers, but it saves having to do loads of anagram searches :)