Can I quote you on that? Quiz

Cerebral distractions of every kind, mostly but not exclusively Countdown-related.

Moderator: Michael Wallace

JasonCullen
Devotee

Can I quote you on that? Quiz

Post by JasonCullen »

*Please make sure you have read and understood the instuctions given in the quiz instructions thread.*

Here are the questions to my latest quiz effort :D . A reminder to all participants that the search facility has been disabled for the duration of this quiz therefore any attempts of cheating are practically non-existant (I think!) :lol: . The closing date for entrants is WEDNESDAY.

Again, no cheating by copying people's answers as this quiz is just a bit of fun.

Enjoy and good luck everyone ;)

Questions
1. My hobbies include the Internet, darts, mass murder, maths and rape. (Guess which 2 I'm joking about). I never thought'd I'd see the day... Although it's a shame that Stitcher's made his last post.
2. ...managing to match him on the words only to make a complete arse of the numbers. I also lost in the semis of the last CofC, this time being pipped by Mark Tournoff thanks to his brilliance on the conundrum and my rubbishness at the same.
3. Stewart won the admiration and respect of everyone in the studio on 30 November for his exemplary sportsmanship and generosity despite what must have seemed a disappointing result.
4. I'm one of the other Associate Producers on the programme and thought I'd register to keep and eye on Damian and Kate!
5. Joseph Bolas, come on down! You're the next contestant on "Countdown Posting is Right!"
6. Barnsley for a few days earlier this year. Only really follow international football in which case, England and Greece. This year just Greece.
7. How poor is my memory I'd forgotten all about this thread. The game shall be known as 'Countdown Unlimited'.
8. I'm not a fan of anything I don't understand. But I'm Roman Catholic if that helps
9. So how much was DOD paid to make it that exciting? Seriously, that was quite awesome
10. She flashed me her "Dent"...So up it I went...I'm lucky she's not all that choosy
11. I tend to find people say that when they haven't won. Congratulations David.
12. I wasn't clear on some of the points and need to see them illustrated by a model pretending to be a buxom housewife.
13. I think I might just swallow the ball and end it all.
14. Both I and Jonathan Coles had 647 points after 7 games, on our eighth game we both got 99 and in the quarter-final we both got 101 meaning that through 9 games we have exactly the same points total
15. He's probably avoiding your annoying calls. Oh and please don't reply with something inane, like takes one to know one.
16. ...you actually rearrange your diary to fit around the series finals ...you are on the countdown forum at 11.50 on a summers friday night.
17. Yawn. Jeffrey Hansford is the best ever. Settled.
18. I am glad someone has finally had the courage to say it: "Travers is well shit."
19. D'oh Jason! Surprised no-one else has said anything, since I know how touchy people are about spoilers for future games on here... never mind, we'll let you off
20. It is one of the most anticipated games this year and I am looking to see if anyone else here is getting it so I may be able to challenge them to a brawl
21. I would love to boink Carol Vorderman, I just don't think I can afford her, man.
22. Looking forward to the next one now, but regrettably will probably not be able to take part as I'll be back in France once again when you're expecting to present it.
23. Thanks for the suggestion mate, but I'm happy to report someone else is running the quiz now as she's already got plenty of material drafted.
24. Thank you for remembering, Jason! I will go back to my normal 6 and 7s again now.
25. I must say, I am growing more fond of Alastair Stewart with every appearance. Supplies some interesting anecdotes, appears to be richly knowledgable about various things and shows a genuine interest in the game.
I hope you enjoyed the quiz :D . Post your listed answers in this thread below
Last edited by JasonCullen on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Re: Can I quote you on that? Quiz

Post by Joseph Bolas »

This is off the top of my head, without looking at the threads:

01. Kirky Bevins
02. Julian Fell?
04. Laura Searle? (Sorry if I have spelt that wrong)
05. Jason Larsen
07. Ben Wilson
08. Richard Brittain?
11. Jason Cullen?
14. Martin Gardener
15. Damian Eadie?
16. Michael Wallace?
19. Charlie Reams?
21. Chris Corby, if not Corby
23. Dan Vanniasingham
24. Dinos Syfris
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

1. Kirk Bevins
2. Paul Howe
3. Damian Eadie
4. Can't remember the name.
5. Jason Larsen
6. Dinos Syfris
7. Jason Larsen
8. David O'Donnell
9. Michael Wallace
10. Jon Corby
11. Martin Gardner
12. No idea.
13. No idea.
14. Martin Gardner
15. Gevin Gavin?
16. Nope.
17. Me!
18. Craig Beevers
19. Dave Coulthurst?
20. Richard Brittain
21. Jon Corby
22. Martin Gardner
23. Dan Vanniasinghamingvasingham
24. Joseph Bolas
25. Richard Brittain

Loads of guesses. Good quiz idea, this. Well in. :)
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

1. Conor Travers
2. Chris Wills?
3. Michael Macdonald-Cooper
4. Lara Searle
5. Jason Larsen
6. Me!
7. Ben Wilson
8. Quizmaster extraordinaire Jason Cullen
9. Michael Wallace?
10. Corby (jr)
11. Gevin - Gavin
12. Charlie
13. Charlie?
14. Martin Gardner
15. Damian
16. Jono?
17. Jono
18. David O'Donnell
19. Paul Howe
20. Joseph
21. M.G. Quinn
22. Howard
23. Either DanVan or Dave C. I'll go for DanVan
24. Kate Horton
25. Richard Brittain

Pretty sure of about 20 of those. I clearly spend too much time on this forum!
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

1. My hobbies include the Internet, darts, mass murder, maths and rape. (Guess which 2 I'm joking about). I never thought'd I'd see the day... Although it's a shame that Stitcher's made his last post.
Conor
2. ...managing to match him on the words only to make a complete arse of the numbers. I also lost in the semis of the last CofC, this time being pipped by Mark Tournoff thanks to his brilliance on the conundrum and my rubbishness at the same.
Matthew Shore
3. Stewart won the admiration and respect of everyone in the studio on 30 November for his exemplary sportsmanship and generosity despite what must have seemed a disappointing result.
Damian?
4. I'm one of the other Associate Producers on the programme and thought I'd register to keep and eye on Damian and Kate!
Lara (forgotten her surname, sorry)
5. Joseph Bolas, come on down! You're the next contestant on "Countdown Posting is Right!"
Jim?
6. Barnsley for a few days earlier this year. Only really follow international football in which case, England and Greece. This year just Greece.
Dinos surely
7. How poor is my memory I'd forgotten all about this thread. The game shall be known as 'Countdown Unlimited'.
Ben
8. I'm not a fan of anything I don't understand. But I'm Roman Catholic if that helps
DO'D?
9. So how much was DOD paid to make it that exciting? Seriously, that was quite awesome
Hmm. Paul Howe?
10. She flashed me her "Dent"...So up it I went...I'm lucky she's not all that choosy
Corby of course (my absolute favourite post ever)
11. I tend to find people say that when they haven't won. Congratulations David.
Gevin (you can almost feel the grumpiness)
12. I wasn't clear on some of the points and need to see them illustrated by a model pretending to be a buxom housewife.
Corby Snr?
Pass
14. Both I and Jonathan Coles had 647 points after 7 games, on our eighth game we both got 99 and in the quarter-final we both got 101 meaning that through 9 games we have exactly the same points total
Hmm. Conor? I have no idea.
15. He's probably avoiding your annoying calls. Oh and please don't reply with something inane, like takes one to know one.
Kate
16. ...you actually rearrange your diary to fit around the series finals ...you are on the countdown forum at 11.50 on a summers friday night.
Jason I think?
Jono
18. I am glad someone has finally had the courage to say it: "Travers is well shit."
Hmm. Craig Beevers?
19. D'oh Jason! Surprised no-one else has said anything, since I know how touchy people are about spoilers for future games on here... never mind, we'll let you off
Probably Dave C
20. It is one of the most anticipated games this year and I am looking to see if anyone else here is getting it so I may be able to challenge them to a brawl
Joseph Bolas?
21. I would love to boink Carol Vorderman, I just don't think I can afford her, man.
No idea, but good quote.
22. Looking forward to the next one now, but regrettably will probably not be able to take part as I'll be back in France once again when you're expecting to present it.
Could be Howard or Jeff. I'll go for Jeff.
23. Thanks for the suggestion mate, but I'm happy to report someone else is running the quiz now as she's already got plenty of material drafted.
Dan V
24. Thank you for remembering, Jason! I will go back to my normal 6 and 7s again now.
Larsen? Could be embarrassing if it's not...
25. I must say, I am growing more fond of Alastair Stewart with every appearance. Supplies some interesting anecdotes, appears to be richly knowledgable about various things and shows a genuine interest in the game.
Richard Brittain

That was fun, I'm surprised how few of them I can actually remember.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Im going to blame most of my wrong answers on never remembering anyone's name. Ever.

1. I'll go for Conor (I know about the maths and darts bit, at least)
3. Damian?
5. Surely that's Larson
6. Dinos?
7. JaCu??
8. Well DOD is from that place with all the christians. Wait. Which bit is the bit with the catholic ones? Hmm..
9. (edit) Meeeee!
10. Corby?
11. I read that one recently but can't think for the life of me who it is - Matt Coates, maybe??
12. Magic George?
13. Jono?
14. So it's the 1 semi-finalist whose name I can't remember... (or alternatively the one quarter I missed where someone lost with 101...).
15. That sounds like Soo.
16. Martin Gardner?
17. Yawn. Jeffrey Hansford is the best ever. Settled.[/quote]
18. Jono?
19. That Ralph chap?
20. Joseph?
21. Corby
23. Dan V---soemthing
24. Howard?
25. Richard Brittain?
Last edited by Michael Wallace on Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

OK, here's my attempt:

1. Conor
2. Matt Shore
3. No idea, I'll say Damian, but the tone is wrong
4. Lara (Searle?)
5. The immortal Jason Larsen, surely?
6. Got to be Dinos
7. Ben Nebagram Wilson
8. Jason Cullen
9. Michael Wallace
10. Jon Corby
11. Gevin-Gavin
12. Me. That one was easy!
13. Corby Senior? I've really no idea about this one
14. Martin Gardner
15. Charlie?
16. As I haven't a clue, I'll guess Gevin-Gavin again
17. Jono
18. David O'D
19. Paul Howe
20. Joseph Bolas
21. Magic George?
22. Jeff "Bus Boy" Clayton
23. Dan Vannananananananasingham
24. Howard, possibly
25. Richard Brittain

Guesswork FTW!!
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

Kirk?

Ooh, I know this one, that was me!

Dunno

Lara Searle

This is either Larson, or an excellent parody

Dinos?

Dunno

I'm not doing very well here

FFS

Corby :D

Gevin

Jim

No idea again

And again

Damian, I think

Matthew Green

I don't recognise it, but if it's not Jono I'll eat Jim's hat

David O'Donnell

Dave C? Purely for the use of D'oh!

Joseph, I think

Haha. Magic George?

Jeff?

DanVan

:?:

Richard Brittain

Nice quiz, ya semi-final spoiling eejit ;)
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Hmmm. We are getting a wide range of answers which is great :D . But I'm surprised some people can't even remember their own quotes let alone other peoples :lol:
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

jasoncullen wrote:or own up to saying a certain quote because it defeats the object of the game
Forgive me if I am wrong, but doesn't this rule ask that you don't answer the one you know you said yourself? Because if you know you said it, then others will then know and then they can get extra points (depening on how many have pointed out their own quotes).
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

jasoncullen wrote:I'm surprised some people can't even remember their own quotes let alone other peoples :lol:
Am I the only person who paid attention to
jasoncullen wrote:Please do not ... own up to saying a certain quote because it defeats the object of the game :x !
?

:P
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

Looks that way Michael :? It's Jason's fault though, because he forgot to put the important points in bold

Surely everyone will give their answers before looking through other people's (WTF does the apostrophe go in that?), so it seems a bit of a pointless rule.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Paul Howe wrote:Surely everyone will give their answers before looking through other people's (WTF does the apostrophe go in that?), so it seems a bit of a pointless rule.
Yeah, I thought that too. Plus if you're sensible you'll guess the ones you don't know anyway, so then the one you didn't answer would clearly be your one anyway. (And I think you want people's, not peoples', unless, say, China as a whole is entering one set of answers :))
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Ok smart alecs you have correctly spotted me contradicting myself :x . Forget the rule you have pointed out and just put your name to the quote number which you think you said :) . But I can trust everyone not to copy the people who have claimed their answers ;) .
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

jasoncullen wrote:9. So how much was DOD paid to make it that exciting? Seriously, that was quite awesome
Spoiler alert!
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Gevin-Gavin wrote:
jasoncullen wrote:9. So how much was DOD paid to make it that exciting? Seriously, that was quite awesome
Spoiler alert!
Not really. That could be taken out of context to another topic :D
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

1. Conor Travers
2. Paul Howe
3. ?
4. Lara Searle
5. Jason Larsen
6. Dinos Sfyris
7. ?
8. ?
9. ?
10. Jon Corby
11. GevinGavin
12. Jim Bentley
13. Charlie Reams
14. Martin Gardner
15. Damian Eadie
16. ?
17. Jon O'Neill
18. David O'Donnell
19. Ben Hanks
20. Joseph Bolas
21. Magic George Quinn
22. Howard Somerset
23 Dan V
24. Karen Pearson
25. ?

I thought I'd do a little better at this, since I spend most of my working day checking the forum, so I'm pretty sure I've read every post at least once...
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Thanks to all who have contributed so far. The answers will be revealed Wednesday evening hopefully :D
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Here are the answers to my "Can I quote you on that?" quiz. Thank you to the site admins Ben and Charlie for helping me make this quiz possible to run and, of course, thanks to all who participated and I hope you liked this different type of quiz as opposed to my usual knowledge based ones :D .

Answers

1. Conor Travers
2. Paul Howe
3. Michael MacDonald-Cooper
4. Lara Searle
5. Jason Larsen
6. Konstadinos Syfris (Dinos)
7. Ben Wilson
8. Jason Cullen
9. Michael Wallace
10. Jon Corby
11. Gevin-Gavin
12. Jim Bentley
13. Charlie Reams
14. Martin Gardner
15. Damian Eadie
16. Matthew Green
17. Ginger Jono O'Neil
18. David O'Donnell
19. Julian Fell
20. Joseph Bolas
21. M. George Quinn
22. Howard Somerset
23. Dan Vanniasingham
24. Kate Horton
25. Richard Brittain

Thanks to all who took part in this quiz ;) . The final leaderboards will be posted very shortly :) .
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Here is the overall leaderboard for my "Can I quote you on that?" quiz.

1. Dinos Syfris 21
J2. Jim Bentley 17
J2. Jon Corby 17
4. Paul Howe 15
5. Charlie Reams 10
J6. Jon O'Neil 9
J6. Michael Wallace 9
8. Joseph Bolas 7 ;)

A very well done to Dinos who scored an impressive 21 out of 25 :D. But a very good effort all round. The average score between the 8 of you was 13 out of 25 ;) .
Last edited by JasonCullen on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Woo! I won one! I officially know the most about what other people have said in the past about mundane trivialities! Yay? :?:
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Only 6 :oops:

Oh well, I should've ignored the rules and mentioned my own quote so I could've got an extra point :lol:
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Joseph Bolas wrote:Only 6 :oops:

Oh well, I should've ignored the rules and mentioned my own quote so I could've got an extra point :lol:
I've give you an extra point because the bogus rule was my fault :D