Can I quote you on that? Quiz instructions

Cerebral distractions of every kind, mostly but not exclusively Countdown-related.

Moderator: Michael Wallace

JasonCullen
Devotee

Can I quote you on that? Quiz instructions

Post by JasonCullen »

Here is another quiz which is based on forumites' memories of fellow forumites' comments on the forum. The aim of the game is to identify which member of our illustrious countdown forum said the following 25 comments. This is a change from my usual brain-bending quizzes which involve intellect whereas this one involves memory of "famous" or "infamous" quotes :? .

Please set your answers out in the usual list format stating the name of the person who said each comment. A forumite's name may appear more than once so be wary. See the example below;

1. Jason Cullen
2. Dinos
3. Ginger Jono

et cetera.

Some comments selected by me for this quiz are a bit random and may not make sense when you don't know the context and the reason for the quote :) ! But please do not be offended if a quote you said appears which you do not like! Its all a bit of fun at the end of the day :lol: !

This is an individuals quiz so please do not openly discuss or confer who said which comment. Also, it is essential that no-one claims that they said the comment e.g.

"UP THE WHITES" - this quote was said by me therefore if I was participating, I could not tell everyone openly that quote number 2 was said by me.

I hope you enjoy this new quiz and please do not use any forum cheat methods (I'm not aware of any but you may find a way!) because it spoils it for everyone else and it makes the quiz pointless :cry: .

Good luck and happy thinking :D !

This quiz will be posted below tomorrow. Apologies for the delay
Last edited by JasonCullen on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Can I quote you on that? Quiz

Post by Charlie Reams »

jasoncullen wrote: I hope you enjoy this new quiz and please do not use any forum cheat methods (I'm not aware of any but you may find a way!) because it spoils it for everyone else and it makes the quiz pointless :cry: .
I guess you don't have much of a suspicious mind. I've disabled the Search facility for the duration of the quiz. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Disabling search breaks loads of other stuff, so I've re-enabled it. I guess you'll just have to hope that people don't cheat.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

This sounds like it should be fun :)
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Charlie Reams wrote:
jasoncullen wrote: I hope you enjoy this new quiz and please do not use any forum cheat methods (I'm not aware of any but you may find a way!) because it spoils it for everyone else and it makes the quiz pointless :cry: .
I guess you don't have much of a suspicious mind. I've disabled the Search facility for the duration of the quiz. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Disabling search breaks loads of other stuff, so I've re-enabled it. I guess you'll just have to hope that people don't cheat.
No problem Charlie :D . Thanks for trying anyhow. I guess I can trust everyone not to cheat because its just a bit of fun and forumites are not competing for a prize or anything. Therefore, cheating by using the search engine is futile :)
Last edited by JasonCullen on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Bastard! I had that idea for a quiz but couldn't be arsed!
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

dinos_the_chemist wrote:Bastard! I had that idea for a quiz but couldn't be arsed!
:lol: .

There's only one quizmaster round here Dinos and I guess I beat you to it :) . Sorry :roll:
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Not to worry. I'd prefer to have a go at this one anyway seen as I'm quite good at remembering who says what. I'll just have to create an even better and outlandish quiz format in my quest for one-upmanship :twisted:
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

dinos_the_chemist wrote:Not to worry. I'd prefer to have a go at this one anyway seen as I'm quite good at remembering who says what. I'll just have to create an even better and outlandish quiz format in my quest for one-upmanship :twisted:
Good luck with that :lol:
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

It should now be impossible to cheat by searching, but points will be given for particularly creative ways of cheating.
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Charlie Reams wrote:It should now be impossible to cheat by searching, but points will be given for particularly creative ways of cheating.
Thanks Charlie :D . I'm glad this quiz will be one which forumites cannot cheat on knowing full well that they have earned their scores without the temptation of using secondary resources to unveil the answers :) .
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Charlie Reams wrote:It should now be impossible to cheat by searching, but points will be given for particularly creative ways of cheating.
Seems a bit excessive to ban searching for one quiz in the off-topic forum. People might still want to search for other things! Crazy! :evil:
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Gevin-Gavin wrote:
Seems a bit excessive to ban searching for one quiz in the off-topic forum. People might still want to search for other things! Crazy! :evil:
Hopefully, it will all be worth it Gevin ;)
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Gevin-Gavin wrote:Seems a bit excessive to ban searching for one quiz in the off-topic forum. People might still want to search for other things! Crazy! :evil:
I had to choose between a broken quiz and a broken search facility. Given that search is not much used and the effort that Jason has put into this fun-sounding quiz, I opted for the latter. Normal service will be resumed once the quiz ends.
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Charlie Reams wrote: Normal service will be resumed once the quiz ends.
I'm planning to end the quiz at the start of next week (probably Tuesday) so forumites who want a crack at this quiz must ask promptly :D . My personal apologies to anyone whom I have caused disruption to due to my latest quiz but disabling the search facility will make the quiz more interesting and cheat-free :P I hope you all enjoy this unique quiz format :) .

*The quiz will be posted shortly after today's series final*
Last edited by JasonCullen on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

:x
Last edited by Jon Corby on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

jasoncullen wrote:*The quiz will be posted shortly after today's series final between **** and ****.*
You fucking numpty, I haven't had a chance to watch yesterday's semi-final yet :x
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Corby wrote:
jasoncullen wrote:*The quiz will be posted shortly after today's series final between **** and ****.*
You fucking numpty, I haven't had a chance to watch yesterday's semi-final yet :x
Oh crap! Sorry Corby but that was definitely not one of my deliberate spoilers :) .
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

jasoncullen wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:
*The quiz will be posted shortly after today's series final between ********** and **********
That's still not a particularly effective spoiler for those who haven't seen EITHER semi-final. Bellend :evil:

Edit: that was directed at Jason not Charlie in case anyone's in any doubt, the quoting got mucked up somewhere.
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Sorry Paul and Corby :cry: . I have adjusted the quote now so it wont spoil it for even more people :D
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Since I'm not entering, I've had a look, and you can still cheat. :mrgreen:
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Gevin-Gavin wrote:
Since I'm not entering, I've had a look, and you can still cheat. :mrgreen:
Grrr :x . Please don't say how though Gevin ;)
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Re: Can I quote you on that? Quiz instructions

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Apologies if I'm being dumb, but has this quiz been posted anywhere? I can't find it.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Just noticed that this topic started in June 2008! Also, would a Google search like sandwich site:c4countdown.co.uk/ still work anyway?
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Just did that dumpling-like thing of reading the whole thread as if it had just been put up.
Was getting all excited, even tried out the search box to see if it had been disabled. D'oh!
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Sorry to disappoint you chaps but this quiz expired in June 2008 but may be resurrected by myself again at a later date due to it's fairly good popularity last time round! Watch this space :D
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

JasonCullen wrote:Sorry to disappoint you chaps but this quiz expired in June 2008 but may be resurrected by myself again at a later date due to it's fairly good popularity last time round! Watch this space :D
Some dope left it in the Off Topic forum. :evil:
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Adam Dexter
Enthusiast

Post by Adam Dexter »

Kai Laddiman wrote:
JasonCullen wrote:Sorry to disappoint you chaps but this quiz expired in June 2008 but may be resurrected by myself again at a later date due to it's fairly good popularity last time round! Watch this space :D
Some dope left it in the Off Topic forum. :evil:
And yet I can't see the actual quiz... feel like a numptykin!
ADAM DEXTER: MAXED DATER
We're off to button moon :)
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Adam Dexter wrote:
Kai Laddiman wrote:Some dope left it in the Off Topic forum. :evil:
And yet I can't see the actual quiz... feel like a numptykin!
For some bizarre reason, it's in a different thread.