Quiz!

Cerebral distractions of every kind, mostly but not exclusively Countdown-related.

Moderator: Michael Wallace

Dan Vanniasingham
Enthusiast

Quiz!

Post by Dan Vanniasingham »

No, I'm not taking over from Jason, I'm actually looking for some assistance in creating one.

I kinda volunteered to devise something with moderate difficulty (i.e. not Eggheads, but not Junior Trivial Pursuit either) for probably 30 or so people in teams on Saturday. I blatantly don't have time to create all this myself in the next 2 evenings, so if anyone is interested, I'd like some 'gameshow themes' and questions (5 rounds of 10 q) to use.

To make it a bit interesting (arguably), I'm looking for 5 distinct round styles. Rather than different subjects, I'd like different gameshows. So far I have:

WWTBAM - I'll read out a question, each team can submit an answer for 2 points, or wait for me to read out 4 options for 1 point
Blockbusters - Just 10 questions with the initial letter given for 2 points
Celebrity Squares - They have that list bit for the contestant to win a car at the end i.e. name 9 different types of cheese, or 9 of the last 15 world snooker champions. Only to save it being stupid I'm thinking 'name the 7 deadly sins, 2pt for all 7, 1pt for 5 or 6', 6 wives of Henry VIII - that kinda thing.

I might've had something else in mind, but it's 3am and I need sleep. So, if you can think of a 'theme' to complement those, and some questions for them, then get posting. Hopefully I'll have enough to form a quiz by 8pm Fri, if not then everyone can get drunk/play poker instead.

Cheers!
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Re: Quiz!

Post by Joseph Bolas »

I remember doing Family Fortunes quizzes at my previous employment. I would ask 10 questions, each with top 3 answers and if they got the top answer it was 3 points, 2 points for the 2nd top answer and 1 for the 3rd top answer.

Also another gameshow idea you could do is Wipeout, where you would have a grid of 16 answers, 10 of which are correct. You would them givem them a few minutes to work out the correct ten answers.
Dan Vanniasingham
Enthusiast

Re: Quiz!

Post by Dan Vanniasingham »

Thanks for the suggestion mate, but I'm happy to report someone else is running the quiz now as she's already got plenty of material drafted. One less thing for me to worry about this weekend - woohoo!