KB or KC

Cerebral distractions of every kind, mostly but not exclusively Countdown-related.

Moderator: Michael Wallace

JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

KB or KC

Post by JackHurst »

Purely because of the similarity and RHYMINESS of their initials, I thought I would create a game about Kirk Bevins and Keiran child.

The idea is that you post a hypothetical task that the two would have to compete against each other at, and other users have to answer who they think would win and give their reason why.

KB or KC in an 8 mile style freestyle rap and beat box battle? Microphones can be turned up to 11, and baseball caps and gold chains are allowed to be worn at all times.
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Re: KB or KC

Post by Jimmy Gough »

Trivia quiz on the life and works of Dale Winton.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

JackHurst wrote:KB or KC in an 8 mile style freestyle rap and beat box battle? Microphones can be turned up to 11, and baseball caps and gold chains are allowed to be worn at all times.
KC. He does music at college I think, and Kirk's taste in music is goddamn awful happy techno house Europop stuff. Kirk would find out the hard way that not much rhymes with ECLAMPSIA.
Jimmy Gough wrote:Trivia quiz on the life and works of Dale Winton.
KB. I reckon he's seen more daytime TV in his time.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Gay chicken.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Michael Wallace wrote:Gay chicken.
Winner! :lol:
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Movie titles with countdown themes.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

If any of them can do this then they win. It is vaguely Countdown related.

In the traditional card game of Happy Families, what is the occupation of Mr Bun?
Which city in southern Spain is the capital of the Andalusia?
The first official single from Outkast’s 2006 album ‘Idlewild’ is entitled ‘___ Brown’?
Which American food company was founded in 1869 in Sharpsburg, Pennsylvania by a man with the first names Henry John?
What is the surname of the actor who starred as the police sergeant Neil Howie in the 1973 film ‘The Wicker Man’?
After The Winfield’s moved house, Ruth Powers moved in next door to which TV family?
In which Lancashire town did Joseph Foster found the Reebok Company in 1895?
Irish author Oliver Goldsmith, English screenwriter Richard Curtis and the rock band The Smiths have all created works about what?
What is the surname of musician Phil, most famous as the drummer of Radiohead?
What connects the previous 9 answers?
Martin Smith
Acolyte

Post by Martin Smith »

Selway, Simpsons, Morris, Heinz. The ones I know, in no particular order.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Martin Smith wrote:Selway, Simpsons, Morris, Heinz. The ones I know, in no particular order.
And now I get the connection. Very good, RT.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Martin Smith wrote:Selway, Simpsons, Morris, Heinz. The ones I know, in no particular order.
And now I get the connection. Very good, RT.
Thanks.

So yes, the connection is that when the answers are said aloud, they are the surnames of my 9 losing opponents in order.

1. In the traditional card game of Happy Families, what is the occupation of Mr Bun? BAKER (Jeremy BAKER)
2. Which city in southern Spain is the capital of the Andalusia? SEVILLE (Chris CIVIL)
3. The first official single from Outkast’s 2006 album ‘Idlewild’ is entitled ‘___ Brown’? MORRIS (Geoff MORRIS)
4. Which American food company was founded in 1869 in Sharpsburg, Pennsylvania by a man with the first names Henry John? HEINZ (Lesley HINES)
5. What is the surname of the actor who starred as the police sergeant Neil Howie in the 1973 film ‘The Wicker Man’? WOODWARD (David WOODWARD)
6. After The Winfield’s moved house, Ruth Powers moved in next door to which TV family? SIMPSON (Martyn SIMPSON)
7. In which Lancashire town did Joseph Foster found the Reebok Company in 1895? BOLTON (Lucy BOLTON)
8. Irish author Oliver Goldsmith, English screenwriter Richard Curtis and the rock band The Smiths have all created works about what? VICARS (Ryan VICKERS) ('The Vicar of Wakefield', 'The Vicar of Dibley' and 'Vicar in a Tutu')
9. What is the surname of musician Phil, most famous as the drummer of Radiohead? SELWAY (Brian SELWAY)
Kevin Davis
Acolyte

Post by Kevin Davis »

JackHurst wrote:Purely because of the similarity and RHYMINESS of their initials, I thought I would create a game about Kirk Bevins and Keiran child.

The idea is that you post a hypothetical task that the two would have to compete against each other at, and other users have to answer who they think would win and give their reason why.

KB or KC in an 8 mile style freestyle rap and beat box battle? Microphones can be turned up to 11, and baseball caps and gold chains are allowed to be worn at all times.
I feel left out... :P
Oh, cackwires!