the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Cerebral distractions of every kind, mostly but not exclusively Countdown-related.

Moderator: Michael Wallace

Post Reply
User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7155
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Matt Morrison » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:28 pm

For lazy Mark.

My score is the same as Heather's and it's pretty shit:
  • Jono

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7609
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Gavin Chipper » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:30 pm

Matt Morrison
Heather Badcock
Jono
Last edited by Gavin Chipper on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mark Deeks
Kiloposter
Posts: 1607
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Mark Deeks » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:37 pm

You're welcome any time you like, guys. Clearly you don't want that. OK then.

Lauren Hamer
Lauren Hamer & Matt Bayfield
Jen Steadman
Andy Platt (forgot this initially, sorry Andy, it was a lovely night x)
Gevin Chapwell
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

User avatar
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London, UK

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Jon O'Neill » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:31 pm

Does it have to be their current home?
How about student accommodation?

Charlie Reams (family home)
Charlie Reams (student accommodation)
Charlie Reams (current flat)
Heather Badcock
Matt Morrison

Matt Bayfield
Devotee
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 8:39 am
Location: Seated at a computer

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Matt Bayfield » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Excluding picking people up from outside their houses, from memory:

Jeff Clayton (previous residence)
Matt & Heather
Jack & Josh Hurst (previous residence)
Anna Woodward

In theory, Loz (previous residence) as well.

I'm also proposing the game PIMPVOC (Passengers in my Private Vehicle off Countdown) for any car owners who have given lifts to Countdowners/apterites.
Last edited by Matt Bayfield on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7155
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Matt Morrison » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:27 pm

Mark is going to absolutely smash that one. I look forward to him starting the thread just to try and remember a list.

User avatar
Mark Deeks
Kiloposter
Posts: 1607
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Mark Deeks » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:41 pm

Wouldn't even know where to begin. Let's call it a million.

What's your tally of Countdowners Outside Co:Event Meet-ups (COCMEET)?
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

User avatar
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Posts: 1596
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Adam Gillard » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:36 am

Zarte
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."

Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General
Posts: 3661
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Ryan Taylor » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:08 pm

Heather Badcock
Matt Morrison
Michelle Nevitt (since we're counting this)
Josh Hurst (Student flat)

User avatar
Jennifer Steadman
Devotee
Posts: 951
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Jennifer Steadman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:33 pm

I should win this...

Lauren Hamer (family home)
Andy Platt (former residence)
Ed McCullagh x2 (former & current residence)
Dan McColm (family home)
Lauren Hamer & Matt Bayfield
Mark Deeks (family home & current residence)
Callum Todd
Mark Murray
Matty Artell (student accommodation)
Sophie & Joseph Krol
Tom Carey (family home)
Amie Bateen
Gevin Chapwell
Michelle Nevitt & Ryan Taylor
proud tiara owner and annoying publicity person who tells you to click links to the the FOCAL website.

(and also to my TRAVEL BLOG)

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7609
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Gavin Chipper » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:43 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:30 pm
Matt Morrison
Heather Badcock
Jono
Edited to add Jono.

Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General
Posts: 3661
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Ryan Taylor » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:47 am

Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:33 pm
Sophie & Joseph Krol
This one is the standout from your list. Anecdote please...

User avatar
Jennifer Steadman
Devotee
Posts: 951
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Jennifer Steadman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:52 pm

Ryan Taylor wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:47 am
Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:33 pm
Sophie & Joseph Krol
This one is the standout from your list. Anecdote please...
I was staying at Tom's for CoLeeds last year and we had a few bevvies, some at Bradford Spoons and some at Bingley Spoons. We were trying to convince Sophie to come on the razz with us in Bingley Spoons but she got shy and embarrassed about the thought of being seen with us (understandable) in a pub. (She was also 15 at the time so that might have been a factor.) So we decided to take the party to them, via the most disgusting hill you've ever seen (no but seriously, I was limping for 3 days because it had cocked up my leg muscles so much).

Turned up at their house sweating like a gorilla after walking up the hideous hill, but the Krol clan still let us in. So Tom and I were hangin with Mama, Papa and Joseph Krol in their lounge and Sophie eventually joined us and she was so shy but adorable!! I was a bit awkward because I had to tipsily filter what I was saying (#NoFilter) but also referring to in-jokes/gossip that Joseph wanted to know more about, when the details weren't necessarily parent-friendly. Joseph made a lot of references to how great Tim Farron was. Tom and Joseph made maths in-jokes. Sophie knew a lot of details of one of the soaps (might have been Coronation Street, but can't remember now) and got quite animated about it. We left at about midnight, although I couldn't find where Big Roman Krol had put my coat, which delayed our exit.
proud tiara owner and annoying publicity person who tells you to click links to the the FOCAL website.

(and also to my TRAVEL BLOG)

User avatar
Thomas Carey
Devotee
Posts: 888
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:17 pm
Location: North-West of Bradford
Contact:

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Thomas Carey » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:05 pm

Stop dissing my endz, yo. You learn to love the hill after walking up and down it a couple of times a day.
signature

User avatar
Mark Deeks
Kiloposter
Posts: 1607
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Mark Deeks » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:34 am

So you basically groomed a young girl on the internet, pressured her into underage drinking and then turned up at her home for God-knows-what. Why don't you have a seat over there?

Image
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

User avatar
Jennifer Steadman
Devotee
Posts: 951
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Jennifer Steadman » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:39 pm

Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:33 pm
I should win this...

Lauren Hamer (family home)
Andy Platt (former residence)
Ed McCullagh x2 (former & current residence)
Dan McColm (family home)
Lauren Hamer & Matt Bayfield
Mark Deeks (family home & current residence)
Callum Todd
Mark Murray
Matty Artell (student accommodation)
Sophie & Joseph Krol
Tom Carey (family home)
Amie Bateen
Gevin Chapwell
Michelle Nevitt & Ryan Taylor
+ Tom Carey (student accommodation)

We should have a picture thread.
proud tiara owner and annoying publicity person who tells you to click links to the the FOCAL website.

(and also to my TRAVEL BLOG)

User avatar
Charlie Reams
Site Admin
Posts: 9361
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:33 pm
Location: Cambridge
Contact:

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Charlie Reams » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:38 pm

Jon O'Neill wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:31 pm
Does it have to be their current home?
How about student accommodation?

Charlie Reams (family home)
Charlie Reams (student accommodation)
Charlie Reams (current flat)
Heather Badcock
Matt Morrison
You actually haven't been to my current flat since you declined the invite to my house warming :evil:

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Fanatic
Posts: 2734
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Marc Meakin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:15 pm

I know where you live :D :) ;) :( .
Couldn't resist.....How long ago was Sanctum gate ???.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

David Williams
Devotee
Posts: 903
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:57 pm

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by David Williams » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:52 am

Marc Meakin wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:15 pm
I know where you live
Lock up your bikes.

Zarte Siempre
Devotee
Posts: 947
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Zarte Siempre » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:18 am

The Hayfield house (several times)
Maus' student digs
Mark Murray

Feel like I surely must have some others by now, but really can't think of any.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7155
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Matt Morrison » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:40 pm

Zarte Siempre wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:18 am
The Hayfield house (several times)
Maus' student digs
Mark Murray

Feel like I surely must have some others by now, but really can't think of any.
A damning indictment of the wheelchair-unfriendly disablist homes in the Countdown community.

User avatar
Jennifer Steadman
Devotee
Posts: 951
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Jennifer Steadman » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:46 pm

Matt Morrison wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:40 pm
Zarte Siempre wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:18 am
The Hayfield house (several times)
Maus' student digs
Mark Murray

Feel like I surely must have some others by now, but really can't think of any.
A damning indictment of the wheelchair-unfriendly disablist homes in the Countdown community.
You'd struggle to find somewhere more disablist than Tom's student accom. His room is up 3 flights of stairs, and the bathroom is up another flight of stairs. #PrayForZ
proud tiara owner and annoying publicity person who tells you to click links to the the FOCAL website.

(and also to my TRAVEL BLOG)

Zarte Siempre
Devotee
Posts: 947
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Zarte Siempre » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:30 pm

Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:46 pm
Matt Morrison wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:40 pm
Zarte Siempre wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:18 am
The Hayfield house (several times)
Maus' student digs
Mark Murray

Feel like I surely must have some others by now, but really can't think of any.
A damning indictment of the wheelchair-unfriendly disablist homes in the Countdown community.
You'd struggle to find somewhere more disablist than Tom's student accom. His room is up 3 flights of stairs, and the bathroom is up another flight of stairs. #PrayForZ
And yet it's *me* that always ends up doing the cooking :( #poorputuponcripple
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

User avatar
Thomas Carey
Devotee
Posts: 888
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:17 pm
Location: North-West of Bradford
Contact:

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Thomas Carey » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Zarte Siempre wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:30 pm
Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:46 pm
Matt Morrison wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:40 pm

A damning indictment of the wheelchair-unfriendly disablist homes in the Countdown community.
You'd struggle to find somewhere more disablist than Tom's student accom. His room is up 3 flights of stairs, and the bathroom is up another flight of stairs. #PrayForZ
And yet it's *me* that always ends up doing the cooking :( #poorputuponcripple
Lol, let me cook next time and your legs will be the least of your problems.
signature

Zarte Siempre
Devotee
Posts: 947
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: the Countdowner's Homes I've Been In game (CHIBIN)

Post by Zarte Siempre » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:14 am

Thomas Carey wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:01 pm
Lol, let me cook next time and your legs will be the least of your problems
Point taken.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest