Countdown-like Android Apps

Cerebral distractions of every kind, mostly but not exclusively Countdown-related.

Moderator: Michael Wallace

Ziggy Davidson

Countdown-like Android Apps

Post by Ziggy Davidson »

From time to time I search for Countdown style apps usually just finding the much maligned official app. However the other day I found three

Numbers and Letters - based on the French Game. Quite good. Strange scoring system. Dictionary accepts and suggests some weird words.

Vowel Please - Okish - doesn't give you what you could have had. e.g. if you submit a 6 letter word it will accept it (if it is right) but won't tell you the highest scoring word you could have had

Countdown for Android - designed by a last year computer student - the best of the bunch. Give a lot of various games, quick game, numbers only, words only. Best of the bunch in my opinion.

All the above are free, some may offer in-app purchases

Ziggy - Happy new Year Apterites
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Countdown-like Android Apps

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Is Touchy Words on Android? I've heard it's awesome.
Ziggy Davidson

Post by Ziggy Davidson »

Yes Touchy Words is on android, just downloaded the free version. Doesn't look very Countdown-like though, no number play or conundrons, bit like DropWords game
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Are there any that pick realistic conundrums? Virtually all the Countdown apps online (well, those that support conundrums, anyway) allow any nine-letter word, including plurals and incredibly rare words, to be chosen.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.