Apterous Prime

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Apterous Prime

Post by Jon Corby »

I've heard a rumour that Apterous Prime is going to appear on the show. Is this true Charlie, can you ask him when he turns up for work today? If so, will he be the first robotic contestant?
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Re: Apterous Prime

Post by Martin Gardner »

Does Prime always get the max? Apart from not buzzing for the conundrum in 0.01 second, I've never seen it miss a max.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Au contraire, Prime is quite beatable, I've taken it to crucials on many occaions (and typically screwed them all up).
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

Martin Gardner wrote:Does Prime always get the max? Apart from not buzzing for the conundrum in 0.01 second, I've never seen it miss a max.
No, it doesn't miss too often though. I've got 55 primes on a stick :)
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Paul Howe wrote:
Martin Gardner wrote:Does Prime always get the max? Apart from not buzzing for the conundrum in 0.01 second, I've never seen it miss a max.
No, it doesn't miss too often though. I've got 55 primes on a stick :)
Oh bollocks I'm thinking of Apterous Rex. To put it another way, does Apterous Rex ever miss a maximum?
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

Martin Gardner wrote:
Oh bollocks I'm thinking of Apterous Rex. To put it another way, does Apterous Rex ever miss a maximum?
Nope. There was a brief period when the time adjustment made rex weaker and you could beat him, but that's fixed now. The dialogue if you manage to take a round off him is "Cheater!".