Welcome!

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Welcome!

Post by Charlie Reams »

Dear C4Cers,

Many of you will today be seeing this forum for the first time. I've decided it's time to expand the testing circle for the Countdown game everyone's talking about*. As my most trusted Countdowners, I'm giving a select subset of you the chance to play the game before almost anyone else. In return, please be aware that the program is still in "beta", which means that stuff might not work optimally or at all, and might change at any time. That said, testing feedback so far has been very encouraging. The program certainly won't damage your computer or anything bad like that. The worst that can happen is that the program falls over during a crucial conundrum or disallows your favourite word.

If you'd like to play, you'll need Java. You probably already do; if not, installation is simple, just head over to java.com. Once you have Java, point your browser to apterous.org and register yourself. You'll need the signup key, which is othello. Please don't share this key with people outside this group -- the program is still very much in private test. Find yourself someone to play against and give it a go. If you're having problems or have questions, please consult the (brief) FAQ and, if that doesn't answer your question, email me. If you'd like to report bugs or give other feedback then please head over to the apterous sub-forum, which you should now have access to.

Other than, please enjoy it! I'm looking forward to hearing your comments, questions, and possibly even complaints. Go go go!

* At least on the podcast.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Re: Welcome!

Post by David O'Donnell »

I am moist in anticipation - thank you, Charlie. Now I won't have to sign up on facebook.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

My dad said he wanted to play against me but he couldn't sign up as he needed a sign up key. What is this sign up key? You can pm direct if need be - just let me know when you've done it and so I can tell him to come online and check!

Cheers
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Charlie Reams wrote:You'll need the signup key, which is othello.
Sigh.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Oh poo. Sorry. :oops: