Bug reports

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Chris Davies
Series 61 Champion

Re: Bug reports

Post by Chris Davies »

None of the game recaps can be seen past round 4.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Chris Davies wrote:None of the game recaps can be seen past round 4.
The ones before about 4:05pm today are fine, it's just the ones since then that are broken.
Chris Davies
Series 61 Champion

Post by Chris Davies »

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Chris Davies wrote:None of the game recaps can be seen past round 4.
The ones before about 4:05pm today are fine, it's just the ones since then that are broken.
Oh god, so maybe the data from the games themselves is incomplete? And I've just got a max 15 rounder, and wanted to see it again!
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Ah damn, the disk filled up. I'll see what I can do.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Charlie Reams wrote:Ah damn, the disk filled up. I'll see what I can do.
Apterous appears to have disappeared this evening. Are the two events connected?
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

These messages keep popping up:

AWT-EventQueue-2 [Could not set viewing panel entry]: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

KeepaliveThread [Could not send keepalive]: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Kai Laddiman wrote:These messages keep popping up:

AWT-EventQueue-2 [Could not set viewing panel entry]: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

KeepaliveThread [Could not send keepalive]: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
I agree. Often coincides with a sneaky freeze-up necessitating a reboot of the applet.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ian Volante wrote:
Kai Laddiman wrote:These messages keep popping up:

I agree. Often coincides with a sneaky freeze-up necessitating a reboot of the applet.
I remember when I had a sneaky three's-up once when I w... oh no, hang on.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Phil Reynolds wrote:Hmm - I appeared to get a darrenic max in round 3 of today's Duel (at least, DC didn't offer anything to equal or beat my 8) but I didn't get a baseball cap, not even at the end of the game. :cry:
Still, at least everyone else knows to look out for the 8 in round 3.
OK, so now that I've eaten humble pie and the pointing and sniggering has had time to die down, the original problem still remains, and it's happened again since. Do inventory items not get awarded in Duels for some reason?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Phil Reynolds wrote: OK, so now that I've eaten humble pie and the pointing and sniggering has had time to die down, the original problem still remains, and it's happened again since. Do inventory items not get awarded in Duels for some reason?
They should do. Are you still having this problem?
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:
Phil Reynolds wrote:Hmm - I appeared to get a darrenic max in round 3 of today's Duel (at least, DC didn't offer anything to equal or beat my 8) but I didn't get a baseball cap, not even at the end of the game. :cry:
Still, at least everyone else knows to look out for the 8 in round 3.
OK, so now that I've eaten humble pie and the pointing and sniggering has had time to die down, the original problem still remains, and it's happened again since. Do inventory items not get awarded in Duels for some reason?
Do they get in there eventually, i.e. after the duel results are out? Not sure when you get awarded them during a duel as it may give the game away to someone observing your inventory if you suddenly get a flake, for instance, and then they know to look out for....[whatever a flake is for (im not gonna spoil it for those who don't know)].
Peter Thomas
Rookie

Post by Peter Thomas »

In my game of Goatdown against Ian Dent (6/5 2316) in Round 5, the selection was SXFLIEOSL. DC found SEXFOILS and then suggested picking a B - also for SEXFOILS. I'm guessing this is because there are no other 8s possible - or is there a bug?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Peter Thomas wrote:In my game of Goatdown against Ian Dent (6/5 2316) in Round 5, the selection was SXFLIEOSL. DC found SEXFOILS and then suggested picking a B - also for SEXFOILS. I'm guessing this is because there are no other 8s possible - or is there a bug?
That's not really wrong, picking B would've given you SEXFOILS for 8.
Andrew Feist
Enthusiast

Post by Andrew Feist »

As amusing as it is to listen to Phil's jingle at triple speed when you have a 10-second round, I wonder whether the music should only appear on a normal round.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Peter Thomas wrote:In my game of Goatdown against Ian Dent (6/5 2316) in Round 5, the selection was SXFLIEOSL. DC found SEXFOILS and then suggested picking a B - also for SEXFOILS. I'm guessing this is because there are no other 8s possible - or is there a bug?
Any letter wouldn't have given a 9. Some letters weren't good picks, like A, as that could produce OXALISES too. Therefore it wants SEXFOILS to be a darren so you could have chosen a last C, or a last F, or, as DC suggested, a B.

Hope this helps.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Andrew Feist wrote:As amusing as it is to listen to Phil's jingle at triple speed when you have a 10-second round, I wonder whether the music should only appear on a normal round.
Whilst this obviously isn't a democracy, I think this is great, and am in fact a particular fan of the 5 seconds version.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

I wondered whether a 5 second round should just start the music 25 seconds in. Either option compromises Phil's artistic integrity, such as it is, so I picked the one that was easier to implement.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

In this game of lightning goatblitz:
http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=58183

I buzzed for the conundrum in round five by pressing M. I was locked out (as I'd buzzed on 1.7 seconds and Ben buzzed on 1.6 seconds) but then when Ben got it wrong I was able to type the rest of my answer in. The only problem was the clock and music was powering down as I was frantically typing in MATTERING. Surely the clock should be stopped when I've buzzed?
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Kirk Bevins wrote:In this game of lightning goatblitz:
SEALIONS not in the OED? In the words of Didier Drogba, it's a focking dis gress!
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Ben Hunter wrote:
SEALIONS not in the OED? In the words of Didier Drogba, it's a focking dis gress!
Two words.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Kirk Bevins wrote:In this game of lightning goatblitz:

I buzzed for the conundrum in round five by pressing M. I was locked out (as I'd buzzed on 1.7 seconds and Ben buzzed on 1.6 seconds) but then when Ben got it wrong I was able to type the rest of my answer in. The only problem was the clock and music was powering down as I was frantically typing in MATTERING. Surely the clock should be stopped when I've buzzed?
Same happened with me.
Stuart Arnot
Acolyte

Post by Stuart Arnot »

This appears on the High Scores page:

Warning: include(/home/charlie/www/static/statsummary.html) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /media/logdisk/www/statsummary.php on line 14

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/charlie/www/static/statsummary.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /media/logdisk/www/statsummary.php on line 14
Nick Wood

Post by Nick Wood »

I can't seem to get in to the lobby. It's currently on attempt # 11. When I do log in, it gives me that 'socket write error'. I've also had innumerable crashes. Even one blue screen of death.

I'm running Vista Home Edition and the crashes/lock ups occur in both Firefox and IE. I've installed the latest version of Java (which seems to have solved the memory leaks, if nothing else). I'm on what I think is about a 1.5Mbps connection in Thailand.

Any ideas?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Nick Wood wrote:I can't seem to get in to the lobby. It's currently on attempt # 11. When I do log in, it gives me that 'socket write error'. I've also had innumerable crashes. Even one blue screen of death.

I'm running Vista Home Edition and the crashes/lock ups occur in both Firefox and IE. I've installed the latest version of Java (which seems to have solved the memory leaks, if nothing else). I'm on what I think is about a 1.5Mbps connection in Thailand.

Any ideas?
If a Java applet is giving you BSoDs then you've got serious problems that won't be specific to Apterous. Probably a driver issue. Try turning off everything in the Settings panel (music, sounds and graphics) and see if that works.
Nick Wood

Post by Nick Wood »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Nick Wood wrote:I can't seem to get in to the lobby. It's currently on attempt # 11. When I do log in, it gives me that 'socket write error'. I've also had innumerable crashes. Even one blue screen of death.

Any ideas?
If a Java applet is giving you BSoDs then you've got serious problems that won't be specific to Apterous. Probably a driver issue. Try turning off everything in the Settings panel (music, sounds and graphics) and see if that works.
It seems to behaving itself now. Cheers anyway.
Gareth Mitchell

Daily Duel

Post by Gareth Mitchell »

Anyone else not seeing the duel today? Loged in earlier and it was there but had to log out. Logged in a few times now and it's not showing!!
Stuart Arnot
Acolyte

Post by Stuart Arnot »

The ratings aren't moving.
Darren Carter
What a lot of bling

Post by Darren Carter »

Stuart Arnot wrote:The ratings aren't moving.
I noticed that - just beat two people who are rated an awful lot higher than I am and haven't moved!
Simon Myers
Enthusiast

Post by Simon Myers »

I had a strange situation where the duel was no longer offered to me. I logged in for the first time today, and saw the duel challenge, but decided to play a conundrum attack. Midway through I lost my connection to the server, so I logged back in again (this took a couple of attempts) and finished the game I was playing. Afterwards I noticed the duel challenge was not present. I've logged out and back in a couple of times since but the challenge is still absent.

As far as I'm aware I didn't accidentally reject the duel (I'm assuming it would be accompanied by an "are you sure?" message anyway; never tried) and my Java Console logs don't mention "duel" anywhere if that's relevant. Unfortunately I can't see anything in the logs that seems interesting, beyond the ones relating to my inability to log in (can post on request). Could this be a new challenge system hiccup?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Simon Myers wrote:I had a strange situation where the duel was no longer offered to me. I logged in for the first time today, and saw the duel challenge, but decided to play a conundrum attack. Midway through I lost my connection to the server, so I logged back in again (this took a couple of attempts) and finished the game I was playing. Afterwards I noticed the duel challenge was not present. I've logged out and back in a couple of times since but the challenge is still absent.

As far as I'm aware I didn't accidentally reject the duel (I'm assuming it would be accompanied by an "are you sure?" message anyway; never tried) and my Java Console logs don't mention "duel" anywhere if that's relevant. Unfortunately I can't see anything in the logs that seems interesting, beyond the ones relating to my inability to log in (can post on request). Could this be a new challenge system hiccup?
Sounds like it. It used to be that you could reject the Duel but it would just pop up again next time you logged in. Seems like now if you reject it (including implicitly by logging out), it gets deleted permanently. I'll try to fix this today.
Steve Rogers

Post by Steve Rogers »

Had the same thing with the dual. Was there when I first logged in - lost connection, came back a while later and it had gone.
Stuart Arnot
Acolyte

Post by Stuart Arnot »

Stuart Arnot wrote:The ratings aren't moving.
Also the game and win numbers aren't going up.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Thanks for your patience today, I predicted there would be teething troubles (in News, which it seems no one reads) and indeed there were. I've now fixed the following:

- Ratings etc being frozen.
- Duel being cancelled if you log out without finishing it.
- Games being magically recreated across server restarts.

Probably more to come but hey.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Charlie Reams wrote:(in News, which it seems no one reads)
I always read the news. Does that make me a minority again? :(
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Kai Laddiman wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:(in News, which it seems no one reads)
I always read the news. Does that make me a minority again? :(
Nope, I do too.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Just buzzed in on about 5 seconds with the wrong answer to the conundrum. When the clock restarted, the music restarted from 0 so when the clock ran its course, the music still had 5 seconds to go.
Stuart Arnot
Acolyte

Post by Stuart Arnot »

Small bug on the excellent new TTT. Just noticed this displayed:

"You got it, and your 14th point.
Time's up and 2 people got a point; Alex Hancocks was the fastest on 25.3 seconds and gets 2 bonus points. The answer to GWYBNSIS was SWINGBYS."

I hadn't got it, and don't have 14 points! At the time it happened, Matt Morrison was the only one on 14 points... are his messages being displayed to the room? Don't know how helpful this is. It seems highly unlikely that it would just be Matt's messages displayed.

I'll keep a look out for other abnormalities.
Matt Bayfield
Devotee

Ratings/totals being frozen.

Post by Matt Bayfield »

Apologies for my first post being a bug report, but in follow-up to yesterday's comments:

* the 5 games I played yesterday (13 May) still aren't included in my total games & total wins
* the effect of the 5 games doesn't seem to have been included in my rating

Is this fixable?

The games I have played today are included in my totals.
Maxine Silkstone
Rookie

Post by Maxine Silkstone »

Hi Charlie,
Just a tiny glitch, one of Prune's words seems to have mislaid itself in DC!
They reckon we missed a nine letter word SIXTEENMO!
Ask Oxford never heard of it, and the anagram mixer uppery thing can't make anything of it either.
DC having a blonde moment?
Game was with Ziggy at about 3.30 this afty if that's any help, not worried about scores or anything just thought you'd like to know.
Max
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Maxine Silkstone wrote:Hi Charlie,
Ask Oxford never heard of it, and the anagram mixer uppery thing can't make anything of it either.
Game was with Ziggy at about 3.30 this afty if that's any help, not worried about scores or anything just thought you'd like to know.
Max
Sixteenmo is fine, and is in the proper Countdown dictionary (ODE2r). It's a paper size.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Matt Bayfield wrote:Apologies for my first post being a bug report, but in follow-up to yesterday's comments:

* the 5 games I played yesterday (13 May) still aren't included in my total games & total wins
* the effect of the 5 games doesn't seem to have been included in my rating

Is this fixable?
I can give you the 5 games back although it hardly seems worth it when you have 23 already. The ratings will be given an overhaul quite soon anyway and the games will be recounted then.
Maxine Silkstone wrote:Hi Charlie,
Max
SIXTEENMO = MONETISE + X, it's relatively well-known and I believe a favourite of Chris Kirby. The bug is with Ask Oxford. I guess you can't buy the real dictionary where you live, but unfortunately there's really no substitute for it.
Maxine Silkstone
Rookie

Post by Maxine Silkstone »

six·teenmo (siks tēn′mō)

noun pl. sixteenmos -·mos

1.the page size of a book made up of printer's sheets folded into sixteen leaves, each leaf being approximately 4 by 6 inches
2.a book consisting of pages of this size[/quote]

Well, that's a very bizarre word!!
Sorry I didn't check further before flagging it up.
Matt Bayfield
Devotee

Post by Matt Bayfield »

Charlie Reams wrote: I can give you the 5 games back although it hardly seems worth it when you have 23 already. The ratings will be given an overhaul quite soon anyway and the games will be recounted then.
Thanks, that's fine. If those games are missed, it barely affects my rating, but I would quite like them included in my games and wins totals! What you propose sounds fine - as long as they are counted and the stats get corrected at the time of the next ratings overhaul, I'm happy.
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Slight bug I think, my top score for the 15 rounder format should state 127 instead of 118.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Jojo Apollo wrote:Slight bug I think, my top score for the 15 rounder format should state 127 instead of 118.
Nope (read News.)
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Jojo Apollo wrote:Slight bug I think, my top score for the 15 rounder format should state 127 instead of 118.
Nope (read News.)
Cheers Charlie

The one where it states: "User format stats are now for the last 30 days only" (Suppose it's to help free up the server?)

ps. How can you keep track of your own pbs, or see others pbs?
Last edited by Jojo Apollo on Thu May 14, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

In my resumed game with Innis, chat was working fine his end, but at my end I had a blank in-game chat pane. He could still see my messages. Someone else seemed to have this too. I think.

EDIT: I now have a blank spectator pane as well.
Simon Myers
Enthusiast

Post by Simon Myers »

I encountered a fun bug after losing connection during a classic game: http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=60690. I presume the server used its own letters shuffles for the remainder of the game (but note that the numbers were not affected).

On a side note, I tend to get d/c a lot if I leave the game for a few minutes (say, to get a drink). Is that a problem on my end (i.e. does this only happen to me) or is there something that can be done on the Apto-end?
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

The music seems to finish several seconds before the clock sometimes.
Darren Carter
What a lot of bling

Post by Darren Carter »

Kai Laddiman wrote:In my resumed game with Innis, chat was working fine his end, but at my end I had a blank in-game chat pane. He could still see my messages. Someone else seemed to have this too. I think.

I'm finding that happening with resumed games as well.
Andrew Feist
Enthusiast

Post by Andrew Feist »

Darren Carter wrote:
Kai Laddiman wrote:In my resumed game with Innis, chat was working fine his end, but at my end I had a blank in-game chat pane. He could still see my messages. Someone else seemed to have this too. I think.

Ditto. In my not-very-scientific testing, it happens when I stay logged in waiting for the other player to come back, and not when I leave and come back.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Darren Carter wrote:

Fixed.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

What with being on my un-usual PC, this is the first time I've tried playing a classic game, but having just crashed in the middle, I couldn't resume it when I logged back in, like I could with a normal game.

It says "In play." and all Accept, Decline and Retract are all greyed out.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Simon Myers wrote:I encountered a fun bug after losing connection during a classic game: http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=60690. I presume the server used its own letters shuffles for the remainder of the game (but note that the numbers were not affected).
Ha, excellent. Classic games never used to be resumable (I think) so I'm surprised this worked at all. Will take a look.
Simon Myers wrote:On a side note, I tend to get d/c a lot if I leave the game for a few minutes (say, to get a drink). Is that a problem on my end (i.e. does this only happen to me) or is there something that can be done on the Apto-end?
I managed to stay logged in for almost the whole day yesterday, so it's not an obvious problem with the server. Can you send me the console next time it happens?
Simon Myers
Enthusiast

Post by Simon Myers »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Simon Myers wrote:On a side note, I tend to get d/c a lot if I leave the game for a few minutes (say, to get a drink). Is that a problem on my end (i.e. does this only happen to me) or is there something that can be done on the Apto-end?
I managed to stay logged in for almost the whole day yesterday, so it's not an obvious problem with the server. Can you send me the console next time it happens?
I still have it:

EVINSERT:<b>Victoria:</b> well done daniel lol
SpecPanel: adding text
SpecPanel: Setting caret
SpecPanel: done.
CX sending keepalive
KeepaliveThread << net.MessageToServer$Keepalive@11704c4
CX sent keepalive
{ClientReceiveThread}
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readFully(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
at net.DirectNetworkLayer.readObject(DirectNetworkLayer.java:89)
at net.client.CXInfoClient$ReceiveThread.run(CXInfoClient.java:139)
CX sending keepalive
KeepaliveThread << net.MessageToServer$Keepalive@9b38d4
{KeepaliveThread} Could not send keepalive
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
at net.DirectNetworkLayer$Counter.write(DirectNetworkLayer.java:36)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.drain(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.setBlockDataMode(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeNonProxyDesc(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeClassDesc(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeFatalException(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(Unknown Source)
at net.DirectNetworkLayer.writeObject(DirectNetworkLayer.java:81)
at net.client.CXInfoClient$KeepaliveThread.run(CXInfoClient.java:178)
CX sending keepalive
KeepaliveThread << net.MessageToServer$Keepalive@1395dab
{KeepaliveThread} Could not send keepalive
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.setBlockDataMode(Unknown Source)
at net.client.CXInfoClient$KeepaliveThread.run(CXInfoClient.java:178)
{AWT-EventQueue-20} Failed to request games in progress
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.reset(Unknown Source)
at net.DirectNetworkLayer.reset(DirectNetworkLayer.java:74)
at net.client.CXInfoClient.sendMessage(CXInfoClient.java:297)
at net.client.CXInfoClient.requestGamesInProgress(CXInfoClient.java:314)
at applet.frontend.GamesPanel.requestUpdate(GamesPanel.java:88)
at applet.frontend.GamesPanel.access$3(GamesPanel.java:86)
at applet.frontend.GamesPanel$2.actionPerformed(GamesPanel.java:54)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
thread applet-applet.frontend.MainApplet << net.MessageToServer$Goodbye@85198e
{thread applet-applet.frontend.MainApplet} CX could not say goodbye
at net.client.CXInfoClient.sendMessage(CXInfoClient.java:298)
at net.client.CXInfoClient.sendMessage(CXInfoClient.java:288)
at net.client.CXInfoClient.close(CXInfoClient.java:342)
at applet.frontend.MainPanel.close(MainPanel.java:60)
at applet.frontend.MainApplet.destroy(MainApplet.java:130)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Layer closed
{AsyncDespatcher} Async message despatch error
java.lang.InterruptedException
at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.reportInterruptAfterWait(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.take(Unknown Source)
at net.client.CXInfoClient$AsyncDespatcher.run(CXInfoClient.java:55)
That was the bad thing: java.lang.InterruptedException
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Simon Myers wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:
I still have it:
{AsyncDespatcher} Async message despatch error
java.lang.InterruptedException
at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.reportInterruptAfterWait(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.take(Unknown Source)
at net.client.CXInfoClient$AsyncDespatcher.run(CXInfoClient.java:55)
That was the bad thing: java.lang.InterruptedException
I can concur that I get this too - I recognise the Async message despatch error. I can have the window open and be doing something else, and error window pops up (at this point the applet has effectively frozen), and this seems to be the cause.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

When I accepted the duel, the first letters wouldn't load up, so I exited the room, came back and resumed it,, only to find I had scored nothing on the first (non-existent) round.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Kai Laddiman wrote:When I accepted the duel, the first letters wouldn't load up, so I exited the room, came back and resumed it,, only to find I had scored nothing on the first (non-existent) round.
That's not a bug, that's exactly what's supposed to happen. If you start a round and don't finish it for whatever reason, you get zero. Obviously the round didn't really start at your end, but the server can't know that exactly because you disconnected from it.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Simon Myers wrote:I encountered a fun bug after losing connection during a classic game: http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=60690.
Happened to me as well here: http://apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=61168
Simon Myers
Enthusiast

Post by Simon Myers »

I didn't lose connection during this game, but nevertheless the conundrum wasn't the original:

http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?ga ... 30#r901630

I could post the Java log, but nothing seems untoward on that end.