Apterous Winter Closed Planning

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.

What timeframe works best for you for the AWC?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:06 pm

Ending well before Christmas (November 7 through December 18)
31%
Ending on Christmas (November 14 through December 25)
8%
Taking a break in the middle for Christmas (probably November 28 through December 18 and January 2 through January 23)
54%
Who cares because I won't play
No votes
Other
8%

Total votes: 13

Andrew Feist
Enthusiast

Apterous Winter Closed Planning

Post by Andrew Feist »

Ah, spring, when a young man's fancy turns to thoughts of love.

Unfortunately, that's a ways off yet, so it's time to start thinking about the Apterous Winter Closed. This year we'll have the main event (in sections based on rating) as well as side events (plural!) going on at the same time; you can enter one, some, all, or none as you desire.

With Christmas falling on a weekend, I'm not sure how that will effect everybody's schedule, so I thought I'd give people the choice about when would be best for them. I imagine we'll run a six-week schedule, since that's been working out for previous events.

Comments and extra specificity as always welcome and desired.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Re: Apterous Winter Closed Planning

Post by Lesley Hines »

Likin' the over-Christmas option, although is the Christmas break just for the people that are visiting families etc? I'd've thought Christmas week would be a busy time on apterous, what with folks not being at work / college / Job Centre etc. Or are you just filling in your time with all the extra soap episodes they put on over Christmas? :lol: 8-)
Lowering the averages since 2009
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

I've gone for the third option, cos I'll be away skiing from Christmas Eve through to about 3rd Jan.
First option would be second best.
That's assuming I'd be admitted.

When I first read the title, I thought it was a thread started by Charlie, announcing that he was about to close Apterous down for the winter.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Yeah, c followed by a. Over xmas period is a no-no for me as I visit parents and things and won't have the internet.
James Hall
Acolyte

Post by James Hall »

It won't let me vote so I'll register it here:

The top option (before Xmas) followed by the third option (a break in the middle) for me :)
__
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

would like to do during Xmas.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Could you please announce the date because SPOILERS: I've got another tournament in the works, and I've come up to thinking about dates. The top option - Well before Xmas, would suit SPOILERS: my tournament because I want to do mine during Christmas, so I would like you to announce the date so I can get on with SPOILERS: organising.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Andrew Feist
Enthusiast

Post by Andrew Feist »

It seems people like their vacations, which means I'll have to find something else for my family to do over the holidays.

We'll go with option 3 then; you should be looking for full details and registration 'round about the 14th of November for a November 28 start. (The schedule would then be Nov 28--Dec 18 and Jan 2--22.)
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Fraid I'll have to dip out then Andrew. Sorry! I will be on holiday for all of January (I know! It's a hard life but someone has to do it!)