WORST ROUND EVAH

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

WORST ROUND EVAH

Post by Ian Volante »

Is there a statland list of lowest maxes? Here's a candidate:

http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=314796&r
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: WORST ROUND EVAH

Post by Charlie Reams »

Ian Volante wrote:Is there a statland list of lowest maxes? Here's a candidate:

There's a list of lowest maxes, but on second thoughts I wonder whether you mean lowest as in fewest spotted. In either case you're nowhere near the leader board!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Charlie Reams wrote:

There's a list of lowest maxes, but on second thoughts I wonder whether you mean lowest as in fewest spotted. In either case you're nowhere near the leader board!
Pretty sure he meant neither, he was talking about the 3-max round, round 3 - Sherlock Morrison worked this out as there is "&r" at the end of the URL to suggest the round was supposed to be highlighted but the URL got truncated due to Ian's utter incompetence.
Hugh Binnie
Enthusiast

Post by Hugh Binnie »

This is as close as you'll get for now, I think.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Hugh Binnie wrote:This is as close as you'll get for now, I think.
Quite a few 2-max rounds in Unlimited Jnr, such as this. I swear I remember a 2-max in a regular Junior game but that page suggests otherwise.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

I was talking about in normal format, and I see that it's the joint worst apart from 199 0-max rounds, yikes!
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:

Pretty sure he meant neither, he was talking about the 3-max round, round 3 - Sherlock Morrison worked this out as there is "&r" at the end of the URL to suggest the round was supposed to be highlighted but the URL got truncated due to Ian's utter incompetence.
No comment.
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

Very similar selection to one in a game I ran by email where HUI was also the darren.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Does anyone have a link to a round where 0 is the max on the letters? I find this hard to believe.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

JackHurst wrote:Does anyone have a link to a round where 0 is the max on the letters? I find this hard to believe.
At a guess, I'd say this might have been during dictionary problems. No point me speculating further, soon as Charlie reads this he'll be able to provide the explanation or the link.
Matt Bayfield
Devotee

Post by Matt Bayfield »

I agree with Matt - I'm fairly sure that the 199 rounds where zero max was available are all results of dictionary failures. (I remember being involved in such a game once in German, when most of the German dictionary had been accidentally deleted.)

Anyhow, the shortest max ever in Normal variant surely has to be this round, where there are two max words available - both just a single letter in length. Ok, the language for this game was Portuguese, where the accented vowels made it difficult to make long words. Even so, it has to be a pretty unusual occurrence.

Fortunately Charlie has now removed all accented vowels from the Portuguese apterous dictionary, so we're no longer likely to see a repeat of the above 1-letter max.