Classic Aptochat moments

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7191
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Matt Morrison » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:17 pm

Found these two snippets floating about in a text file from a couple of weeks ago, they must have tickled my bell at the time:


Ian: I'm just waiting for Dan to return Kevin
Ian: mind you, he's had a long time now
Kevin Manthorpe is playing Ian Volante. Spectate.
Dan Hamer entered the room!
Dan Hamer left the room.


Kirk: did u read my thing above dad?
Keith Bevins left the room.

User avatar
Ian Dent
Devotee
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:12 pm

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Ian Dent » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:20 pm

Last night had a few humourous moments.

Paul Howe
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:25 pm

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Paul Howe » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:34 pm

Kirk's opening gambit after Paul Gallen made an appearance on apterous:

"i saw u in the toilets in leeds"

Long before the logs existed, sadly.

User avatar
Jon Corby
Moral Hero
Posts: 7906
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Jon Corby » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:01 pm

Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: .
Leah: lol

Brilliant.

User avatar
Ian Volante
Postmaster General
Posts: 3225
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Ian Volante » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Has the person with no name reappeared recently? I was wondering if it was RB, but it seemed too dull for him.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7191
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Matt Morrison » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:45 pm

Another great Kirk moment:

James Levison and Derek Hazell missed a nine from PTTUEAASL ; can you spot it?
Kirk: pasulate
Kirk: pastulate
Kirk: stapulate
Kirk: spatul.ate
The 9 from PTTUEAASL was SPATULATE!
Kirk: spatulate
Kirk: ffs!
Kirk Bevins left the room.

James Hurrell
Acolyte
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:14 pm

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by James Hurrell » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:38 pm

I don't tend to post stuff - but this was some chat from a game I had with Maudsley which on reading back out of context was quite amusing: -

James: you're on form today
Chris: sure
James: ever gone all the way
James: ?
Chris: never
Chris: not in a 15 rounder
James: keep it up
Chris: omg, i'm so nervous now
Chris: see?
James: ah well
Chris: I'm probably destined never to get one
James: it'll happen
Chris: yeah

User avatar
Alec Rivers
Devotee
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:36 pm
Location: Studio 57, Cheriton (Kent)
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Alec Rivers » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:52 pm

Matt Morrison wrote:Another great Kirk moment:

James Levison and Derek Hazell missed a nine from PTTUEAASL ; can you spot it?
Kirk: pasulate
Kirk: pastulate
Kirk: stapulate
Kirk: spatul.ate
The 9 from PTTUEAASL was SPATULATE!
Kirk: spatulate
Kirk: ffs!
Kirk Bevins left the room.
:D

User avatar
Philip Jarvis
Enthusiast
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:32 am
Location: Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Philip Jarvis » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:07 pm

To properly appreciate this, you'll need a bit of background first. Members of the Jarvis family have played just 2 games against Chris Davies.
http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=86425 - On 3 July, Emily lost 65 to 119.
http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=90095- On 10 July, I lost 50 to 88 in a 9 rounder.
Check out the conundrums that Chris got in both games. Shortly afterwards, I followed up in Aptochat:

Philip Jarvis: Chris - Just reviewed our earlier game when you got EXCRETORY as a conundrum. When you played Emily the other week it was SHITTIEST. Are you saying we are crap?
Ben Hunter: chris davies
Chris Davies: haha
Helen Falconer and Jay Murphy missed a nine from SREENPIHT ; can you spot it?
Ben Hunter: shitpreen

When I eventually get around to playing my next game against Chris, what are the odds on the conundrum being ARSEHOLES?
"It's KNACKERED Nick!"

User avatar
Kirk Bevins
God
Posts: 4923
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:18 pm
Location: York, UK

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Kirk Bevins » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:30 pm

Philip Jarvis wrote: When I eventually get around to playing my next game against Chris, what are the odds on the conundrum being ARSEHOLES?
Probability says it's quite low, some might say 0, as it's a plural.

User avatar
Charlie Reams
Site Admin
Posts: 9366
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:33 pm
Location: Cambridge
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Charlie Reams » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:33 pm

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Philip Jarvis wrote: When I eventually get around to playing my next game against Chris, what are the odds on the conundrum being ARSEHOLES?
Probability says it's quite low, some might say 0, as it's a plural.
I love the self-aware humour here. And more generally, I love Kirk.

User avatar
Charlie Reams
Site Admin
Posts: 9366
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:33 pm
Location: Cambridge
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Charlie Reams » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:32 am

Richard Brittain wrote:Brendan, are you related to David Duke, imperial Grand Wizard of the KKK?

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7191
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Matt Morrison » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:03 pm

Gareth Mitchell entered the room!
Tlou Laz: all hail Gareth Mitchell
Tlou Laz: for he has entered the room
Gareth Mitchell left the room.

User avatar
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Andy Wilson » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:15 pm

I saw that live n chuckled. The finals are on live now... eep

User avatar
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:54 pm
Location: S Yorks

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Ben Hunter » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:47 pm

Andy Wilson wrote:I saw that live n chuckled. The finals are on live now... eep
Yeah I'm watchin it now, pretty mad, Dale's quarter-final game was incredible

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7191
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Matt Morrison » Wed May 19, 2010 3:24 pm

That Hypergoatdown feeling....

Craig Chittenden entered the room!
Craig Chittenden is playing today's Daily Duel.
Craig Chittenden left the room.

craig
Rookie
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by craig » Wed May 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Matt Morrison wrote:That Hypergoatdown feeling....

Craig Chittenden entered the room!
Craig Chittenden is playing today's Daily Duel.
Craig Chittenden left the room.
Haha. My keyboard wasn't working and I couldn't type anything in so had to restart my computer...honest.

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7191
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Matt Morrison » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:41 am

Really enjoyed watching aptochat last night. I'll have to feed Badcock red wine and unleash her on apterous more often, the slut.
Am now also keen to keep tabs on Kirk's FagWatch updates.

Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General
Posts: 3661
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Ryan Taylor » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:55 pm

"2010-06-29 00:17:48 Heather Badcock completed today's Daily Duel, and is provisionally ranked #2 of 1."

User avatar
Heather Badcock
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:54 pm
Location: London

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Heather Badcock » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:11 pm

Ryan Taylor wrote:"2010-06-29 00:17:48 Heather Badcock completed today's Daily Duel, and is provisionally ranked #2 of 1."
Not the first time I've come #2 of 1.

User avatar
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Andy Wilson » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:28 pm

Kirk Bevins: i intended to take it easy but i wanted to win....i woke up and hugh was close to me
Kirk Bevins: so i had to carry on pounding

:o Sorry Kirk!

Liam Tiernan
Devotee
Posts: 799
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:12 pm
Location: Kildare, Rep. of Ireland

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Liam Tiernan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:09 pm

Five minutes of farce:

2010-07-04 16:34:51 Dmitry Goretsky: Jordan F, if you don't wanna play, please leave!
2010-07-04 16:34:59 Eoin Monaghan: He doesn't have to
2010-07-04 16:35:14 Dmitry Goretsky: Jordan F, if you don't wanna play, please leave! he HAS to
2010-07-04 16:35:26 Jordan F: It's easier for me to leave it up so I can play when I'm ready
2010-07-04 16:35:38 Eoin Monaghan: Why does he HAVE to play Dmitry?
2010-07-04 16:35:55 Dmitry Goretsky: Because I wanna
...............................................................................................................................................................
2010-07-04 16:37:16 Dmitry Goretsky: Daniel Milward!
2010-07-04 16:37:16 Jack Hurst: :)
2010-07-04 16:37:32 Dmitry Goretsky: Daniel Milward!
2010-07-04 16:37:34 Dmitry Goretsky: Daniel Milward!
2010-07-04 16:37:35 Dmitry Goretsky: Daniel Milward!
2010-07-04 16:37:36 Eoin Monaghan finished a classic game with Richard Priest, winning 100-62.
2010-07-04 16:37:37 Dmitry Goretsky: Daniel Milward!
2010-07-04 16:37:38 Dmitry Goretsky: Daniel Milward!
2010-07-04 16:37:40 Dmitry Goretsky: Daniel Milward!
2010-07-04 16:37:41 Dmitry Goretsky: Daniel Milward!
2010-07-04 16:37:43 Eoin Monaghan: You said that
2010-07-04 16:37:43 Dmitry Goretsky: Daniel Milward!
2010-07-04 16:37:45 Dmitry Goretsky: Daniel Milward!
2010-07-04 16:37:46 Jordan F: Dmirtry...settle down
2010-07-04 16:37:47 Dmitry Goretsky: Daniel Milward!
2010-07-04 16:37:50 Eoin Monaghan: Please stop
2010-07-04 16:37:55 Jack Hurst: DMITRY shut up you retarded fuck head
2010-07-04 16:37:59 Dmitry Goretsky: Are you dead, Daniel Milward?!
2010-07-04 16:38:00 Eoin Monaghan: lol
2010-07-04 16:38:34 Daniel Milward: who the hell was that?
...................................................................................................................
2010-07-04 16:38:53 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:00 Eoin Monaghan: No!
2010-07-04 16:39:02 Eoin Monaghan: Not again
2010-07-04 16:39:10 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:10 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:11 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:11 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:11 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:12 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:12 Eoin Monaghan is playing Apterous Prune in a 15 Rounder.
2010-07-04 16:39:13 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:13 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:13 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:14 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:14 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:14 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:14 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:15 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:15 James Hurrell is shooting for Star 29 of The Postman's Path.
2010-07-04 16:39:15 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:16 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:16 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:16 Dmitry Goretsky: Tom Havercroft!
2010-07-04 16:39:25 Tom Havercroft is playing Dmitry Goretsky.
2010-07-04 16:39:29 Eoin Monaghan: lol
2010-07-04 16:39:48 Tom Havercroft: reads well doesn't it...

User avatar
Charlie Reams
Site Admin
Posts: 9366
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:33 pm
Location: Cambridge
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Charlie Reams » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:25 pm

Haha. Well, the mute button exists for a reason.

Hugh Binnie
Enthusiast
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Hugh Binnie » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:14 pm

Charlie Reams wrote:Haha. Well, the mute button exists for a reason.
Don't suppose you could add one for the forum too, could you? >.>

User avatar
Ben Wilson
Legend
Posts: 3686
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:05 pm
Location: North Hykeham

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Ben Wilson » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:21 pm

Hugh Binnie wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:Haha. Well, the mute button exists for a reason.
Don't suppose you could add one for the forum too, could you? >.>
Click on the idiot's username->click add foe->enjoy! :)

User avatar
Stuart Arnot
Acolyte
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Stuart Arnot » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:23 pm

The new pencil feature in chat is great, but it does have this drawback:


2010-07-05 15:17:12 Stuart Arnot and Matt Morrison got a nine from RRREUEDSM; can you spot it?
2010-07-05 15:17:12 Stuart Arnot got a bronze pencil for MURDERERS!
2010-07-05 15:17:12 Matt Morrison got a bronze pencil for MURDERERS!
2010-07-05 15:17:20 Jordan F: ... murderers?
2010-07-05 15:17:20 Jordan F takes his 49th point! The 9s from RRREUEDSM were MURDERERS, DEMURRERS!

User avatar
Charlie Reams
Site Admin
Posts: 9366
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:33 pm
Location: Cambridge
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Charlie Reams » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:43 pm

Stuart Arnot wrote:The new pencil feature in chat is great, but it does have this drawback:


2010-07-05 15:17:12 Stuart Arnot and Matt Morrison got a nine from RRREUEDSM; can you spot it?
2010-07-05 15:17:12 Stuart Arnot got a bronze pencil for MURDERERS!
2010-07-05 15:17:12 Matt Morrison got a bronze pencil for MURDERERS!
2010-07-05 15:17:20 Jordan F: ... murderers?
2010-07-05 15:17:20 Jordan F takes his 49th point! The 9s from RRREUEDSM were MURDERERS, DEMURRERS!
Haha. This is the kind of bug report I enjoy.

User avatar
Philip Jarvis
Enthusiast
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:32 am
Location: Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Philip Jarvis » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:26 am

I was distracted by a tricky numbers game when this teaser came up.

2010-07-15 07:18:11 Your new teaser is EEEXTCRS. You have 60 seconds to answer!
2010-07-15 07:19:11 Time's up and no one got it! The answer to EEEXTCRS was EXCRETES.
2010-07-15 07:19:12 Philip Jarvis: excretes
2010-07-15 07:19:18 Philip Jarvis: shit
2010-07-15 07:20:30 Philip Jarvis beat Apterous Prune 107-0 in a 15 Rounder.
"It's KNACKERED Nick!"

User avatar
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Posts: 1600
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Adam Gillard » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:05 pm

2010-08-12 22:01:27 Your new teaser is LEBLILGU. You have 60 seconds to answer!
2010-08-12 22:01:33 Adam Gillard got it first. You have 54.2 seconds left.
2010-08-12 22:01:38 Eoin Monaghan got it too, you have 49.1 seconds left.
2010-08-12 22:01:42 Eoin Monaghan: The answer is BLUEGILL
2010-08-12 22:01:45 Adam Gillard: they should take it out the dictionary ;)
2010-08-12 22:01:49 James Robinson got it too, you have 37.7 seconds left.
2010-08-12 22:02:27 Time's up and 3 people got a point; Adam Gillard was the fastest on 5.8 seconds and gets 2 bonus points. The answers to LEBLILGU were BLUEGILL, GULLIBLE.
2010-08-12 22:02:34 Eoin Monaghan: HAHA
2010-08-12 22:02:46 Eoin Monaghan: I suck at jokes, I didn't know BLUEGILL was in!
2010-08-12 22:02:52 Adam Gillard: haha
2010-08-12 22:02:54 Adam Gillard: class
2010-08-12 22:03:06 Eoin Monaghan: I was only saying that for GULLIBLE, to see if anyone would take it
2010-08-12 22:03:11 Eoin Monaghan: Talk about backfiring!
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."

Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter
Posts: 1461
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:33 pm

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Eoin Monaghan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Haha, I only posted a word I thought sounded, but wasn't valid.

User avatar
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Andy Wilson » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:46 pm

There was a funny moment a few weeks back when 'Scott Phillips got a bronze pencil for SUNBATHING' and i asked him had he been sunbathing naked. Forgot to post it in here and can't remember when it was, but it's probably my most worthy comedy contribution to aptochat thus far so worth a mention.

User avatar
Kirk Bevins
God
Posts: 4923
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:18 pm
Location: York, UK

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Kirk Bevins » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:23 pm

Andy Wilson wrote:There was a funny moment a few weeks back when 'Scott Phillips got a bronze pencil for SUNBATHING' and i asked him had he been sunbathing naked. Forgot to post it in here and can't remember when it was, but it's probably my most worthy comedy contribution to aptochat thus far so worth a mention.
2010-07-15 18:59:47 Scott Phillips got a bronze pencil for SUNBATHING!
2010-07-15 19:01:04 Andy Wilson: were you sunbathing naked Scott?
2010-07-15 19:01:30 Josh Hurst: LOL
2010-07-15 19:01:53 Andy Wilson: thanks Josh!
2010-07-15 19:02:18 Josh Hurst: No, thank YOU Andy
2010-07-15 19:02:23 Scott Phillips: i'd get an asbo

Miriam Nussbaum
Rookie
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:20 am

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Miriam Nussbaum » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:48 pm

Kirk Bevins wrote:2010-07-15 18:59:47 Scott Phillips got a bronze pencil for SUNBATHING!
More like a "copper-tone" pencil, amirite?

User avatar
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Andy Wilson » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:35 am

Kirk Bevins wrote:That aptochat above
Did you remember that or have to search for it? Either way, fair fucks.

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7191
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Matt Morrison » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:44 am

Andy Wilson wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:That aptochat above
Did you remember that or have to search for it? Either way, fair fucks.
Search the word on Lexplorer, find the game the pencil was awarded in, check the time, go to chat logs, find the one for the right time, CTRL-F to search for the word.
And Kirk had the cheek to say he was rubbish with computers on Facebook the other day, fishing for compliments again.

User avatar
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja
Posts: 4129
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London, UK

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Jon O'Neill » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:48 am

Matt Morrison wrote:Search the word on Lexplorer, find the game the pencil was awarded in, check the time, go to chat logs, find the one for the right time, CTRL-F to search for the word.
Image

User avatar
Kirk Bevins
God
Posts: 4923
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:18 pm
Location: York, UK

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Kirk Bevins » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:44 pm

Matt Morrison wrote: And Kirk had the cheek to say he was rubbish with computers on Facebook the other day, fishing for compliments again.
I am! I wanted to play Chuckie Egg but not a PC remake, the actual Commodore 64 version. It was so complicated and then it involved downloading some emulator and it opened in winrar and then I had to extract it to somewhere but I had no idea what this meant so I probably messed it up. Then I had to find some .tdr file or something and it told me what I needed to do....but since I'm crap with computers I didn't understand all the jargon. Eventually I found another site with step by step instructions which was much easier to follow but I still didn't manage to get it working after an hour of trying, so I posted an annoying message on facebook and went to bed. Bloody computers.

Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General
Posts: 3661
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Ryan Taylor » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:13 pm

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote: And Kirk had the cheek to say he was rubbish with computers on Facebook the other day, fishing for compliments again.
I am! I wanted to play Chuckie Egg but not a PC remake, the actual Commodore 64 version. It was so complicated and then it involved downloading some emulator and it opened in winrar and then I had to extract it to somewhere but I had no idea what this meant so I probably messed it up. Then I had to find some .tdr file or something and it told me what I needed to do....but since I'm crap with computers I didn't understand all the jargon. Eventually I found another site with step by step instructions which was much easier to follow but I still didn't manage to get it working after an hour of trying, so I posted an annoying message on facebook and went to bed. Bloody computers.
Thanks for that, Jason!

Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion
Posts: 767
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:13 pm

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Oliver Garner » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:33 pm

Ryan Taylor wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:
I am! I wanted to play Chuckie Egg but not a PC remake, the actual Commodore 64 version. It was so complicated and then it involved downloading some emulator and it opened in winrar and then I had to extract it to somewhere but I had no idea what this meant so I probably messed it up. Then I had to find some .tdr file or something and it told me what I needed to do....but since I'm crap with computers I didn't understand all the jargon. Eventually I found another site with step by step instructions which was much easier to follow but I still didn't manage to get it working after an hour of trying, so I posted an annoying message on facebook and went to bed. Bloody computers.
Thanks for that, Jason!
At least Jason's posts make sense.

User avatar
Jon Corby
Moral Hero
Posts: 7906
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Jon Corby » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Are you doing this on a Vic-20? You can't upscale computers with an emulator.

User avatar
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Posts: 1600
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Adam Gillard » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:30 pm

This was a wonderful coincidence. After complimenting Innis on a pencil that reflected his personality, Matt served up a gem.

2010-08-23 22:17:29 Innis Carson got a bronze pencil for PERSONABLE!
2010-08-23 22:18:01 Adam Gillard: that's appropriate
2010-08-23 22:18:35 Matt Bayfield got a bronze pencil for KNOB!
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7711
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Gavin Chipper » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Adam Gillard wrote:This was a wonderful coincidence. After complimenting Innis on a pencil that reflected his personality, Matt served up a gem.

2010-08-23 22:17:29 Innis Carson got a bronze pencil for PERSONABLE!
2010-08-23 22:18:01 Adam Gillard: that's appropriate
2010-08-23 22:18:35 Matt Bayfield got a bronze pencil for KNOB!
NOB would have been better.

David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion
Posts: 2010
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by David O'Donnell » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:26 am

Oliver Garner wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:
I am! I wanted to play Chuckie Egg but not a PC remake, the actual Commodore 64 version. It was so complicated and then it involved downloading some emulator and it opened in winrar and then I had to extract it to somewhere but I had no idea what this meant so I probably messed it up. Then I had to find some .tdr file or something and it told me what I needed to do....but since I'm crap with computers I didn't understand all the jargon. Eventually I found another site with step by step instructions which was much easier to follow but I still didn't manage to get it working after an hour of trying, so I posted an annoying message on facebook and went to bed. Bloody computers.
Thanks for that, Jason!
At least Jason's posts make sense.
[Sardonic raised left eyebrow emoticon] o rly?

Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General
Posts: 3661
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Ryan Taylor » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:34 am

David O'Donnell wrote:[Sardonic raised left eyebrow emoticon] o rly?
^o)

User avatar
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:54 pm
Location: S Yorks

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Ben Hunter » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:15 pm

The ultimate realisation of the annoyance felt when someone goes for their tea during a game:

Robert Pajab: I can’t believe this Chris B. We’re at round 11 of our 15 rounder and he’s just announced ‘My tea is on the table, I'll have to take a break’, ‘back later’. He’s just gone. Still online but no response. Is that or this that not rude/bad game etiquette?
Ryan Taylor: erm....bit touchy really
Robert Pajab: It’s like he’s expecting me to just sit here whilst he stuffs his face.

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7191
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Matt Morrison » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:46 am

Your new teaser is LEYWALSE. You have 60 seconds to answer!
Edward McCullagh got it first. You have 23.5 seconds left.
Scott Gillies got it too, you have 23.5 seconds left.

Matt Morrison: wow
Matt Morrison: 23.5 and 23.5 that's close
Matt Morrison: unlucky scort
Scott Gillies: :((((((
Time's up and 3 people got a point; Edward McCullagh was the fastest on 36.5 seconds and gets 2 bonus points. The answers to LEYWALSE were WALLEYES, WEASELLY.

[...thirty seconds later...]

Edward McCullagh is playing Scott Gillies in a 15 Rounder.
Edward McCullagh: sponge moment coming up perhaps!
Edward McCullagh got a bronze pencil for WALLEYE!
Scott Gillies: ur fucking joking^

Liam Tiernan
Devotee
Posts: 799
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:12 pm
Location: Kildare, Rep. of Ireland

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Liam Tiernan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:22 pm

2010-11-13 17:10:08 Ben Wilson: why do all numbers-=only duels look like someone really constipated?
2010-11-13 17:10:24 Barry Bridger and Dan Abrey missed a nine from RNEIINLOC; can you spot it?
2010-11-13 17:10:37 Paul Howe got a bronze pencil for SHITEPOKES!
2010-11-13 17:10:38 Hugh Binnie is playing Peter Lee in a Hypernundrum Attack.
2010-11-13 17:10:51 Hugh Binnie: awesome
2010-11-13 17:10:54 Ben Wilson: presumably that's how you cure the constipation then

Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General
Posts: 3661
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Ryan Taylor » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:56 pm

Liam Tiernan wrote:2010-11-13 17:10:08 Ben Wilson: why do all numbers-=only duels look like someone really constipated?
2010-11-13 17:10:24 Barry Bridger and Dan Abrey missed a nine from RNEIINLOC; can you spot it?
2010-11-13 17:10:37 Paul Howe got a bronze pencil for SHITEPOKES!
2010-11-13 17:10:38 Hugh Binnie is playing Peter Lee in a Hypernundrum Attack.
2010-11-13 17:10:51 Hugh Binnie: awesome
2010-11-13 17:10:54 Ben Wilson: presumably that's how you cure the constipation then
So what was the 9 that Barry and Dan missed?

Dan Abrey
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Dan Abrey » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:22 pm

I don't see this "missed a 9" stuff in my chat window. Is it only for special people? :)

User avatar
Charlie Reams
Site Admin
Posts: 9366
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:33 pm
Location: Cambridge
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Charlie Reams » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:42 pm

Dan Abrey wrote:I don't see this "missed a 9" stuff in my chat window. Is it only for special people? :)
It's only for real men. (You may have unchecked all the language preferences, check your Settings.)

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9017
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by James Robinson » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:43 pm

Dan Abrey wrote:I don't see this "missed a 9" stuff in my chat window. Is it only for special people? :)
Yeah, people who decide to pay for their privileges. :D
Ryan Taylor wrote:
Liam Tiernan wrote:2010-11-13 17:10:08 Ben Wilson: why do all numbers-=only duels look like someone really constipated?
2010-11-13 17:10:24 Barry Bridger and Dan Abrey missed a nine from RNEIINLOC; can you spot it?
2010-11-13 17:10:37 Paul Howe got a bronze pencil for SHITEPOKES!
2010-11-13 17:10:38 Hugh Binnie is playing Peter Lee in a Hypernundrum Attack.
2010-11-13 17:10:51 Hugh Binnie: awesome
2010-11-13 17:10:54 Ben Wilson: presumably that's how you cure the constipation then
So what was the 9 that Barry and Dan missed?
Ryan, joke or not, I don't know, but I believe the 9 must be CRINOLINE.
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

User avatar
Ian Volante
Postmaster General
Posts: 3225
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Ian Volante » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:32 am

Aptochat wrote:Peter Lee and Oli Moore missed a nine from CNSTRUOAE; can you spot it?
Craig Chittenden is playing today's Daily Duel.
Michael Wallace: #1 #1 #1
Chas Maxwell and Apterous Waldorf missed a nine from SEROUCTAN; can you spot it?
Scott Gillies: courantes
Scott Gillies takes his 5926th point! The 9s from CNSTRUOAE were NECTAROUS, COURTESAN, COURANTES!
Scott Gillies takes his 5927th point! The 9s from SEROUCTAN were COURTESAN, NECTAROUS, COURANTES!
The same word claimed from two different games, a point for each. I almost spaffed.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7191
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Matt Morrison » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:36 am

Ian Volante wrote:
Aptochat wrote:Peter Lee and Oli Moore missed a nine from CNSTRUOAE; can you spot it?
Chas Maxwell and Apterous Waldorf missed a nine from SEROUCTAN; can you spot it?
Scott Gillies: courantes
Scott Gillies takes his 5926th point! The 9s from CNSTRUOAE were NECTAROUS, COURTESAN, COURANTES!
Scott Gillies takes his 5927th point! The 9s from SEROUCTAN were COURTESAN, NECTAROUS, COURANTES!
The same word claimed from two different games, a point for each. I almost spaffed.
Had to read that twice before I realised what happened - absolutely brilliant. Must be an aptochat first!?
aptochat wrote:Michael Wallace: #1 #1 #1
That. Ta. Way.

User avatar
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur
Posts: 5458
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:01 am
Location: London

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Michael Wallace » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:54 am

Matt Morrison wrote:
aptochat wrote:Michael Wallace: #1 #1 #1
That. Ta. Way.
I don't think it's brag-worthy to be #1 on the duel when only 1 person has completed it...

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7191
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Matt Morrison » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:55 am

Michael Wallace wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
aptochat wrote:Michael Wallace: #1 #1 #1
That. Ta. Way.
I don't think it's brag-worthy to be #1 on the duel when only 1 person has completed it...
Yeah I did realise that, I was just... ah bugger it. You rival.

User avatar
Rhys Benjamin
Kiloposter
Posts: 1882
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:28 pm
Location: Down in the tube station at midnight
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Rhys Benjamin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:10 am

2010-11-27 09:02:32 Sophie Krol: Want a game?
2010-11-27 09:02:50 Rhys Benjamin: not really
2010-11-27 09:02:51 Rhys Benjamin: lol
2010-11-27 09:03:36 Sophie Krol: ok lol im bored lol
2010-11-27 09:03:51 Sophie Krol: :)
2010-11-27 09:03:57 Rhys Benjamin: lololololololololololololololol
2010-11-27 09:04:07 Rhys Benjamin completed today's Daily Duel, and is provisionally ranked 22nd of 25 for today and 123rd of 202 for November.
2010-11-27 09:04:15 Sophie Krol: lololololololololololololololoolololololololololololololololol
2010-11-27 09:04:23 Rhys Benjamin: loo!
2010-11-27 09:04:24 Rhys Benjamin: lol
2010-11-27 09:04:29 Sophie Krol: lol
2010-11-27 09:04:42 Sophie Krol: why r we randomly saying lol
2010-11-27 09:04:49 Sophie Krol: lol
2010-11-27 09:04:53 Jayne Wisniewski completed today's Daily Duel, and is provisionally ranked 15th of 26 for today and 64th of 202 for November.
2010-11-27 09:04:53 Sophie Krol is playing Rhys Benjamin.
2010-11-27 09:04:56 Rhys Benjamin: i dont know lol
2010-11-27 09:05:06 Peter Lee completed today's Daily Duel, and is provisionally ranked 19th of 27 for today and 111th of 202 for November.
2010-11-27 09:05:16 Jayne Wisniewski left the room.
2010-11-27 09:07:22 Rhys Benjamin: lol
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...

User avatar
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic
Posts: 2314
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:37 pm
Location: My bedroom

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Kai Laddiman » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:01 am

Young love.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7191
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Matt Morrison » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:07 pm

non-A-lol

User avatar
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:54 pm
Location: S Yorks

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Ben Hunter » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:00 pm

I thought Sophie was Joseph's mum.

User avatar
Martin Bishop
Enthusiast
Posts: 470
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Tadworth, Surrey

Re: Classic Aptochat moments

Post by Martin Bishop » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:14 pm

Sophie Krol: ANYONE WANT TO DO AN ANAGRAM I MADE UP?
Matt Morrison: ON
Matt Morrison left the room.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest