Should the DC character, Josef Fritzl, be dropped?

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.

Should the DC character, Josef Fritzl, be dropped?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Yes, definitely, it's disturbing and not how apterous should be
42%
Yes, as an individual blocking choice
6%
Not bothered
33%
It's OK, what's the fuss about?
9%
I think it's hilarious and should stay
9%

Total votes: 33

Rosemary Roberts
Devotee

Re: Should the DC character, Josef Fritzl, be drop

Post by Rosemary Roberts »

Matt Morrison wrote:You guys and your blimmin' abbreviations. I'm down with abbreviations being used for genuine time-saving purposes, but you're always treading a fine line between saving a miniscule amount of time, and wasting a fairly decent sized chunk of time if a couple of people have to ask "what?".
It does seem unlikely that people who spend their time reading forums and typing responses are so pushed for time that they can't write a whole sentence.

I would have understood IAWTP. I've even encountered "You go girl" before now. But this place deals in nine-letter words. Let us in future chorus: ACQUIESCE
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Re: Should the DC character, Josef Fritzl, be dropped?

Post by Ian Volante »

Julie T wrote:
This forum 'skin' or whatever you call it, is certainly very different to forums I've joined in the past.
It has a lot of different features that I certainly haven't encountered before, and this particular feature was explained to me.
Just because you're techy, please don't assume that others won't have found this useful, especially if they wouldn't have thought this feature possible.
Aye, fairy nuff!
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Alice Moore
Rookie

Post by Alice Moore »

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Julie T wrote:Someone else has the avatar pic of George Galloway, can't remember who.
Hmm, I wonder why I said "I thought it was Gary Male" above?
This is how the exchange went:
Phil Reynolds wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:
Julie T wrote:Info for any of the people who voted against the character, who wish not to see Matthew's current avatar (pic of Josef Fritzl)
Is that him? I didn't recognise him without the ring binder. He looks a bit like George Galloway, doesn't he?
I thought it was Gary Male.
Jon Corby said that Josef Fritzl looked like George Galloway, then you said you thought it was Gary Male. Nobody mentioned anything about someone having a George Galloway avatar. Personally I thought you were having a laugh at Mr Male's expense; saying you thought the Fritzl photo was in fact a picture of him.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Alice Moore wrote:Jon Corby said that Josef Fritzl looked like George Galloway, then you said you thought it was Gary Male. Nobody mentioned anything about someone having a George Galloway avatar. Personally I thought you were having a laugh at Mr Male's expense; saying you thought the Fritzl photo was in fact a picture of him.
Since you're trying to set yourself up as the voice of reason on this forum, I'll warn you in advance that it won't work. But good luck.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Alice Moore wrote:Jon Corby said that Josef Fritzl looked like George Galloway, then you said you thought it was Gary Male. Nobody mentioned anything about someone having a George Galloway avatar.
Most jokes cease to be funny if you have to explain them at the same time as you're making them.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

We should have a Worst Posts thread too.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Matt Morrison wrote:We should have a Worst Posts thread too.
I think we already do...
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

Can I just say that Julie T is a fucking cunt.

Seeing as she's foed me and all...
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Matthew Green wrote:Something
Best. Post. Ever. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul Hammond
Rookie

Post by Paul Hammond »

I thought that publicly saying that somebody is on your Ignore list, and certainly encouraging other people to add them to their Ignore lists, was a major no-no on civilised boards? It probably happens elsewhere, but I don't frequent boards like that. On one of the more strongly-moderated ones that I visit, such activity would get you banned, it's completely verboten. You can Ignore people, but you never talk about it.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Paul Hammond wrote:I thought that publicly saying that somebody is on your Ignore list, and certainly encouraging other people to add them to their Ignore lists, was a major no-no on civilised boards? It probably happens elsewhere, but I don't frequent boards like that. On one of the more strongly-moderated ones that I visit, such activity would get you banned, it's completely verboten. You can Ignore people, but you never talk about it.
It certainly is unnecessary behaviour. Luckily, most of us are sensible and aren't interested in factionalising this place, apart from THE CLIQUE of course.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Ian Volante wrote:
Matthew Green wrote:Something
Best. Post. Ever. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kinda ruined it by quoting the message there Ian. :p

And on that note, I think this thread has outlived its usefulness.