Apterous Caesar

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Lee Simmonds
Acolyte

Apterous Caesar

Post by Lee Simmonds »

Has anybody ever had a bot (other than Prime or Rex) get a max game or nearly a max game against them? A couple of my games recently against Caesar he scored 19 out of 20 maximums in a numbers attack, scoring 187 out of a poss 197 and 12 out of 15 in a standard 15 rounder, scoring 114 out of a poss 118.

Admittedly I didn't play a great game in either case but even if I had performed at my best I would have struggled to have won. I would have thought that those scores would only be achievable by Prime or Rex?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Apterous Caesar

Post by Charlie Reams »

It's somewhat random, just like a human player. Some days you get 19/20 maxes, some days you get 5/20. It depends on the rounds and the opposition. It's not a bug that sometimes the bots sometimes play above themselves.
Lee Simmonds
Acolyte

Post by Lee Simmonds »

Thanks Charlie. I was thinking about it after I had posted and I thought that would be your answer.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Charlie Reams wrote:It's somewhat random, just like a human player. Some days you get 19/20 maxes, some days you get 5/20. It depends on the rounds and the opposition. It's not a bug that sometimes the bots sometimes play above themselves.
I'd be interested to know if each round is random or if they get a random boost (or the opposite) for each game so that they play a sort of consistent game.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Lee Simmonds wrote:Has anybody ever had a bot (other than Prime or Rex) get a max game or nearly a max game against them? A couple of my games recently against Caesar he scored 19 out of 20 maximums in a numbers attack, scoring 187 out of a poss 197 and 12 out of 15 in a standard 15 rounder, scoring 114 out of a poss 118.

Admittedly I didn't play a great game in either case but even if I had performed at my best I would have struggled to have won. I would have thought that those scores would only be achievable by Prime or Rex?
I think Caesar has been flagged by the cheat detector.