Reactivating Former Users

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Christy Cooper
Rookie

Reactivating Former Users

Post by Christy Cooper »

The title of this post may seem a little controversial, but I recently spoke to a certain deactivated apterite online, and he seems to have matured so much.

I am of course talking about Ronan Higginson.
We recently contacted each other on social media, and he was telling me how he really missed the site. He stated how he regrets all his cheating and blatant immaturity, and wishes more than anything that he’d be allowed back.

I, personally, believe him, it’s been around 3 years now since his initial account got deactivated, and now that he’s older, I’m assuming he’s learned from his mistakes. The kid was only 10 at the time of his deactivation- everybody does stupid things at that age- it’s only recently that they’ve been able to do so online.

I feel for him- I know how much having users dislike you hurts- I’ve been in his very position.

At the end of the day, he’s still a child, and I believe he deserves a second chance, as he seems very passionate about the game, and I think it would be nice to have someone who exudes constant positivity on the site.

You may be reading this thinking- ‘No, Christy, I don’t believe you, Ronan will probably just repeat history if he rejoins’- Believe me, I would have thought that too, until our conversation earlier, and you can just tell he’s genuinely sorry for everything that he’s done in the past.

I wish him the best of luck in his hope to return to the site.
Last edited by Christy Cooper on Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.