Earlier today...

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Earlier today...

Post by Jason Larsen »

Hi, everyone!

Unfortunately, I regret to inform all of you that Charlie Reams shut me out in my only game of Countdown today. That was the first time that had ever happened to me. Charlie knows a lot of words, and it would take me a long time to ask him the meaning of every word he came up with. I thought I would only have to excuse people when I was trying to give myself time to practice for the numbers game.

I realize that all of you on Apterous have been practicing at the game through heck or high water, but I guess I will have to practice a little more.

On a related note, I think it's no wonder that some of you sing, "We Love Countdown" if you are in a silly mood. I have only won one out of over ten games, but that doesn't mean I'll stop playing Countdown!

Thank you all for understanding that I am a Countdown fan!

:)
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Earlier today...

Post by Charlie Reams »

It was still fun to play with you, even though things didn't go your way. If anyone is interested, the game is here. Even scoring in every round, it was quite a struggle for me to reach a century because there were no words longer than 7 available in the whole game. Round 2 was quite pleasing though.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Thank you, Charlie.

Handshakes!

If at first I don't succeed, I should try, try again!
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Have you thought of sometimes playing against Apterous Prune, Jason?
I do, often, as it's a great confidence booster and good practice.
Not that there's anything wrong with playing Countdown for fun, whether you win or not.
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Julie, to tell you the truth I can't play against the bots because I can't donate anything!

Does Charlie accept American dollars?
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Jason Larsen wrote:Julie, to tell you the truth I can't play against the bots because I can't donate anything!

Does Charlie accept American dollars?
If you pay by Paypal Jason, when you pay by American Dollars, there will be a currency conversion transaction and this will change the payment into British Pounds.

Now on the Donate Page it says to either donate £10 or £15, which rougly in American Dollars is $14.85 (£10) or $22.28 (£15), but its best to double check that with Charlie (incase he has a different offer).
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Thank you, Joseph!

As soon as I have enough money...