Congrats to October's Duel Champ

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Congrats to October's Duel Champ

Post by Charlie Reams »

Great drama on the final day of the October Duel league, as Kirk trailed Paul by 5 points but, remarkably, scored a perfect score on today's very challenging duel and consequently picked up 3 bonus points as well as an automatic first place. But Paul hit back with a near-perfect performance of his own, finishing second with 102 points from 103, and hung on to win the monthly prize by a single point. Both players finished over 50 points ahead of 3rd-placed Ben Pugh (a very creditable performance in itself) with 26 Duels played.

Great stuff guys, let's hope November's league is as exciting.
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Re: Congrats to October's Duel Champ

Post by Paul Howe »

Hard luck Kirk, I was pretty surprised to see the final scores so close after playing an almost perfect duel. Ironically I may have lost if not for the reset as my earlier duel wasn't as good, and was quite pleased to see a repeat final conundrum from a few days ago after I panicked and took 20 secs to see TICKETING on the first duel.
Kirk Bevins
God

Re: Congrats to October's Duel Champ

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Paul Howe wrote:Hard luck Kirk, I was pretty surprised to see the final scores so close after playing an almost perfect duel. Ironically I may have lost if not for the reset as my earlier duel wasn't as good, and was quite pleased to see a repeat final conundrum from a few days ago after I panicked and took 20 secs to see TICKETING on the first duel.
My first duel wasn't as good either - so this time I was determined to do the max. Usually with duels I close the round after about 10 seconds but with this one I made sure I had the full 30 seconds and it turned out I played a max game. Shame it wasn't enough by one point. I was leading for most of the end of October then you sneak in front with 2 days to spare. Where's the justice?