COOT '08 Quarter Final + Plate prelim!!!

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Matt Coates
Acolyte

Re: COOT '08 Quarter Final + Plate prelim!!!

Post by Matt Coates »

thanks again for hosting Jay, especially that time of night, also to Charlie for the recap and Ben WIlson for being Susie.

great game Ben, thought i was gonna be in for a mullering after a great spot from you in round 1, the first numbers helped me out a bit.

looking forward to seeing who ive got in the plate QF's
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Howard Somerset wrote:
Dinos Sfyris wrote:Myself and Howard are looking to play what promises to be a horrendously low quality Plate prelim with maxes missed left, right and centre, on the morning of Monday 14th around 10/11, since he is currently in Austria and that is our earliest available opportunity. Any volunteers for a host at this ungodly hour? Jason?
Just a reminder. Dinos and I are hoping to play our plate match sometime on Monday morning. Is there anyone likely to be available to host it? We are both away all day today, so won't be able to see any responses until late tonight.
Indeed would like to get this game done and dusted. So any host offers tomorrow would be appreciated. Last time I checked with Howard we were both free early afternoon also as long as I'm done for 2.30pm, so if around the lunch hour would be better, thats fine by me.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:
Howard Somerset wrote:
Dinos Sfyris wrote:Myself and Howard are looking to play what promises to be a horrendously low quality Plate prelim with maxes missed left, right and centre, on the morning of Monday 14th around 10/11, since he is currently in Austria and that is our earliest available opportunity. Any volunteers for a host at this ungodly hour? Jason?
Just a reminder. Dinos and I are hoping to play our plate match sometime on Monday morning. Is there anyone likely to be available to host it? We are both away all day today, so won't be able to see any responses until late tonight.
Indeed would like to get this game done and dusted. So any host offers tomorrow would be appreciated. Last time I checked with Howard we were both free early afternoon also as long as I'm done for 2.30pm, so if around the lunch hour would be better, thats fine by me.

If you are really desperate I could have a go at hosting it between 10 and 11 tomorrow morning. As others will tell you, I'm not the best host in the world! But I'll do my best to help out. I don't have access to a dictionary though so I would have to rely on one of you. I should be having a teleconference at some point tomorrow but I think it's more likely to be at lunchtime. Hopefully I'll know early on when it's going to be.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Thanks Karen. Any time before 2:30 will be good for me too.

Look forward to seeing you on msn tomorrow.

I'll text Dinos, and let him know, too.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

I should probably comment to say that I PMed Richard about this but to no avail - I can only presume that the rumours of him fleeing abroad in terror are true.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

The delayed plate match between Dinos and me was played this morning, Dinos winning by 98 points to 57.