CO:LON:2 - Bigger, Longer and Half-Cut (Countdown in London 2018)

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

CO:LON:2 - Bigger, Longer and Half-Cut (Countdown in London 2018)

Post by Jennifer Steadman »

You wanted some. I gave it ya. But you wanted more, so...

:WHEN: 
Saturday 12th May 2018. Doors open at 11 and the draw will be made at 11.45, so please be there by then. (Do as I say, not as I do.) It will finish by 6pm.

:WHERE:
The Christian Street Community Centre, on Christian Street (near Aldgate East). This venue is a nightmare to find on Google and gives up several wrong locations, so please search for Rope Walk Gardens on Christian Street - the venue is right next to this.

It's about 10 minutes walk from Aldgate East or Whitechapel tube stations, or 5 minutes from Shadwell DLR/Overground station, or walkable from Liverpool Street. If you're not used to getting the tube or are nervous about it, please contact me and I'll try to help!

The afterparty location is TBC. (Matt Morrison is scouting for venues.)

:WHHHHHHHAT?:
6 9-round games of Countdown in the 'Edinburgh' style of tournament, aka the one where you don't feel like a schoolchild. The top 2 players after 6 games will play each other in the grand final. [Edinburgh style is briefly explained here: https://focalcountdown.co.uk/how-do-events-work-2/ I'm happy to explain or answer any queries publicly or privately.]

:Y THO:
Only Connect champion, Countdown champion and existence champion Graeme Cole will be there. (He hasn't actually confirmed this, but he will.) Also, you'll meet great people, have a nerdy laugh, see some utterly disgusting conundrum scrambles, and you might even win a prize - there's a range of prizes for people of all skill levels!

Also, I'm *actually* not running this again next year because I want to use my holiday allowance for actual holidays to exciting places like Russia, Slovenia and Liechtenstein, so this is your last chance to experience the gruesomely garish girlfest that is a Jen Steadman-run tournament.

:HOW MUCH?: 
Entry is £12 per person. Payment should be made through PayPal to jennifer.steadman@rocketmail.com (PLEASE SELECT PAYMENT TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY - OTHERWISE I DON'T GET THE FULL AMOUNT), or if you don't have PayPal, message me for bank transfer details. There is no option to pay on the day, unless there are last-minute cancellations or spaces.

The event is NOT FOR PROFIT - the fee pays for venue hire, trophies, other prizes, an event magazine (that may feature topless pictures of Giles Hutchings), and pens. Food isn't included, but the venue may be doing a pop up cafe on site to sell sandwiches, drinks and snacks (TBC).

I'll put up some posts about budget-friendly travel and accommodation at a later date, i.e. when I'm not hungry and desperate for a wee. Short version: coaches/advance train tickets for cheap transport, AirBnB/hostels/Travelodges/couchsurfing for cheap accommodation.

:IN CASE YOU'RE WAVERING, HERE ARE SOME OF THE GLOWING REVIEWS FROM LAST YEAR'S EVENT:
"No-one died" - Sara Lawson
"We played Countdown, in London, so this event was accurately-titled content." - The Big Bad Wilf Carey's grandson
"It's such a relief that my daughter has found people of a similar level of 'social aptitude' to her" - Caroline Steadman
"I won an anthology of Chuck Tingle's sensual, surprisingly detailed gay dinosaur erotica. It has profoundly changed me as a man" - Stewart Gordon
"GRAEME COLE WAS THERE" - Jen Steadman

How could you not be convinced?? Sign up now to confirm your place, and you'll get a badly-drawn picture of you on the FB event!

Attending (68):
Thomas Carey
Matty Artell
Giles Hutchings
James Robinson ;) :D :P
Vik Shah
GRAEME COLE (CONFIRMED HEADLINER)
Thomas Cappleman
Caroline Steadman (queen of producing daughters)
Mark Mills
Tracey Croy
Zarte Siempre
Jamie McNeill
Conrad Texeira
Adam Dexter
Jonathan Wynn
Pete Steggle
Matt Rowbotham
Sara Lawson
Gevin
Mauro Pratesi
Jess Pratesi
Adam Curran
Cathy Summerside*
Chris Marshall
Matt Morrison
Heather Badcock
Matthew Tassier
Lynne Cumberland
Sarah Bladon
Sandie Simonis
James Wilson
Mike Springett
Ned Pendleton
Conor Travers
Oliver Garner
Ashwin Abinashi
David Hilton
Eddy Byrne
Sam Prouse
Ian Haslup
Oliver Levy*
Lauren Hamer
Jon Elmer
Ryan Taylor
Michelle Nevitt
Nathan Pace
Mark Murray
Mike Brown
Bradley Horrocks
Amar Chotai
Zubair Patel
Amy Godel
Norm Ahmad
Stewart Gordon
James Laverty
Anthony Endsor
Philippa MacFarlane
Mark Deeks
Jonathan de Souza
Jeff Clayton
Berkan 'Berman' Chelikhan
Josephine Sinclair*
Richard Priest
Paul Erdunast
Ben Hunter*
Dan Byrom
Tim Hebbes
Ronan Higginson*

* = Co-event debutant
Last edited by Jennifer Steadman on Fri May 11, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 57 times in total.
"There's leaders, and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" - Aristotle
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Re: CO:LON:2 - Bigger, Longer and Half-Cut (Countdown in London 2018)

10 WEEKS TO GO!

To make signing up easier, I've set up a PayPal link - just go to https://www.paypal.me/CoLon2/12 (if paying for one person; if paying for more, please adjust the amount) and click send!

Because this is a very sensible and mature event, anyone who signs up before the end of March and plays on the day will receive an aubergine emoji badge! And if there are more than 50 entries before the end of March, the aubergine emoji badges will glow in the dark.

I'll post a list of budget-friendly accommodation/travel options here later.
Last edited by Jennifer Steadman on Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's leaders, and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" - Aristotle
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

CO:LON:2 is now exactly 2 months away! We are up to 26 entrants - just another 24 needed to sign up before the end of March for glow-in-the-dark aubergine badges! 🍆

In case you're deliberating based on travel expenses, I've brought the cheapest travel options to you from some of the UK's major (/most Apterite-filled) cities. If you have a railcard, prices will be even cheaper than those listed! All prices shown are returns.

Belfast
PLANE: £30, Stansted Airport (arriving Friday night, leaving Sunday morning) LINK

Birmingham
TRAIN: £11 (arriving Friday night, leaving Sunday morning); £11.50 return (day trip)
COACH: £3, National Express (day trip)

Bristol
TRAIN: No Advance tickets yet; off peak rates are £43.40
COACH: £10, National Express (day trip)

Cambridge
TRAIN: £17.20 (day trip)
COACH: £6, National Express (day trip)

Dublin:
PLANE: £36, Southend Airport (arriving Friday night, leaving Sunday morning) LINK
If you don't want to piss about with Southend (which is entirely reasonable), flights to Stansted start at £38.

Edinburgh:
TRAIN: £70 (arriving Friday night, leaving Sunday morning), £72.50 (day trip, although you would be mad to do this...)
COACH: £13.50, National Express (arriving Friday night, leaving Sunday morning)
PLANE: £35, Stansted Airport (arriving Friday night, leaving Sunday morning) LINK

Glasgow
TRAIN: £60 (arriving Friday night, leaving Sunday afternoon)
COACH: £22.60, National Express (arriving Friday night, leaving Sunday morning)
PLANE: £33, Stansted Airport (arriving Friday night, leaving Sunday morning) LINK

Leeds
TRAIN: £34.50 (arriving Friday night, leaving Sunday morning) or £38 (day trip - although this involves leaving at 6am; £44 lets you get a more sociably-timed morning train)
COACH: £16, National Express (arriving Friday night, leaving Sunday afternoon)

Liverpool
TRAIN: £34 (arriving Friday night, leaving Sunday evening), £45 (day trip)
COACH: £10, National Express (arriving Friday night, leaving Sunday evening)

Manchester
TRAIN: £46 (day trip or Fri/Sun)
COACH: £10, National Express (arriving Friday night, leaving Sunday afternoon)

Newcastle
TRAIN: £40 (arriving Saturday at 1am, leaving Sunday evening... very anti-social hours but £72 is the best price for non-crappy hours)
COACH: £2, Megabus (...if you want an overnight coach there and back), £12, Megabus (if you're not a maniac: arriving Friday evening, leaving Sunday afternoon)

Nottingham
TRAIN: £34.50 (day trip or Fri/Sun)
COACH: £10, National Express (arriving Saturday morning, leaving Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon)

Oxford
TRAIN: £10.80 (day trip)
COACH: £18, Oxford Tube/£11, Megabus

And if you need a place to stay for the night, check out these budget options:

AirBnB: I would strongly urge you to only book places with existing reviews LINK

Travelodge: The nearest one, London Central Aldgate East, is £140 for 2 people/2 nights (Friday and Saturday). Which also looks like the cheapest one in central London. East London is best for cheaper and still somewhat convenient hostels - look for something near a Tube station on the District line.

Hostels: The Wombats hostel is highly rated (9.1 out of 10 on TripAdvisor!) and dorm beds are from £30.75 a night (https://tinyurl.com/ycbvoez9). Alternatively, Via Limehouse is £20 per bed per night and half an hour’s walk from the venue, or you can halve the journey time by going one stop on the DLR from Limehouse to Shadwell (https://tinyurl.com/y6v87xu5)

Or you can try couchsurfing if you're feeling particularly brave and/or stingy! (Please only stay with hosts that are verified and rated already!!) LINK

Having spent 2 hours looking this all up for you, the least you can do is sign up now xoxo
Last edited by Jennifer Steadman on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

[no longer relevant]
Last edited by Jennifer Steadman on Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

SUCCESS! WE HAVE A VENUE!! 🎉

The event will now be held at the Christian Street Community Centre, near Aldgate East. Capacity remains at 72, the timings remain the same, and it's even more accessible (all 3 toilets are wheelchair friendly). We may even have an on-site pop-up cafe selling food and drink on the day! It's a great space. ♿

Please do be aware that Google gives all sorts of misinformation as to the venue location. You are STRONGLY advised to look up the directions to a park called Rope Walk Gardens, just by Christian Street, as the venue is right behind the sports court in the park. 🔎

It's approximately 10 mins walk from Aldgate East and Whitechapel tube stations, 5 mins from Shadwell DLR/Overground station, 20 mins from Fenchurch Street station and 25 mins from Liverpool Street. Let me know if you're a Tube novice and I will try to help, either with encouragement and a route from your terminus station, or people coming from the same station that you can travel with! 🚅

Due to incurred hire costs, ENTRY FEE IS NOW £12 PER PERSON. If you have already paid up, the extra £4pp would be greatly appreciated ASAP. If you haven't already paid up... please pay up. This has been a horrible and unduly stressful week, and as a result I'm massively behind on my event prep - so the more organised you are, the more organised I can be! 💰

If the new location or price increase is a problem for you and you no longer wish to attend, please let me know and I will refund your entry fee. 🚫

Any other questions, please ask.

PS. Thank you a huge amount to anyone who has helped for your support with the venue search - it has been invaluable. 💖

PPS. Let's get this party started. 🎈🔛👸🔝🎀🔜🎊
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

I've just paid for the venue. Assuming it's not an extremely elaborate scam by some people pretending to be from Tower Hamlets council, the booking should now be protected. Yay.

With just under 5 weeks to go, there are only 18 spaces left. If you're procrastinating, don't! Last year there was a rapid scramble to get the last few spaces. Doesn't matter if you've said you'll be attending - it's first pay first served.

I can't remember if I've publicly mentioned it before, but this year all attendees will be receive a goody bag and a free copy of the 2018 CO:LON magazine, CO:SMO! However I can only guarantee your goody bag if you pay up at least 2 weeks in advance of the event.

Onto prizes... the top 3 players win trophies. The highest-placing Co-event debutant (currently only 3 people in the running for this one...), the highest-placing 'returning' player (person whose first event was CO:LON 2017, currently 4 people in the running for it), and the most improved player (for the largest numerical increase in placing from any player who attended last year) will also win trophies. I think there are a few more prizes, but I can't remember what they are.

There will also be engraved and (I believe) fully fully functional wooden spoons for the bottom 3 players this year, because I firmly believe that a cheeky spoon should be available to players of all standards.

Last but not least, as with last year, everyone who wins a prize will also get to choose something from the prize table. Prizes will include (among other things) several different types of booze, Cards Against Humanity, a UK football grounds scratch map, and of course some of the masterpieces of world-famous erotic author/genius Chuck Tingle.

If you have any queries about the above, ask away!
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

~1 month to go, 15 spaces left~
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

TEN SPACES LEFT!!
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

SEVEN DAYS TO GO, SIX SPACES LEFT!

Just some stuff to advise you for the day...

> PLEASE please please use this map to guide you rather than Google Maps, or you'll probably end up in Hammersmith (WRONG END OF LONDON). ***GO TO ALDGATE EAST AND THEN USE THE MAP***. I CANNOT SAY THIS ENOUGH TIMES.

The map also includes directions to the proposed after-party pub, The Brown Bear, which has darts/jukebox/quiz machine and is about 8 minutes away from the venue. However, there are lots of other pubs in the area so if it's underwhelming, we can check out other options and hopefully find something that suits.

> The draw will take place at 11.45 this year... please be there on time! If you're late for reasons beyond your control, please contact me on 07708 205377.

> As flagged up by Adam Dexter: if you're travelling from Paddington, please be aware that the Hammersmith & City line is closed between Hammersmith and Baker Street over the weekend, so get the Bakerloo line to Baker Street and change to the H&C line there.

If you have any other queries, please let me know and I'll try to answer them.

See you next Saturday! xoxo

Last edited by Jennifer Steadman on Sat May 05, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Who's up for doing a parkrun before this? I've been looking around, and I think the Mile End one is closest. We can walk to the venue afterwards given the amount of time we'll have and get some breakfast on the way too.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Here are the results and final standings. Oliver Garner and Mark Murray played in the final, and Oliver won 65-47.

STANDINGS

Players are ranked by wins, then points.

Code: Select all

P   W  Pts
  1 Oliver Garner          6   5  389 
  2 Mark Murray            6   5  384 
  3 James Robinson         6   5  373 
  4 Tom Cappleman          6   5  354 
  5 Eddy Byrne             6   5  350 
  6 Paul Erdunast          6   5  345 
  7 Bradley Horrocks       6   5  344 
  8 James Laverty          6   5  339 
  9 Jon Elmer              6   5  333 
 10 Matthew Tassier        6   5  322 
 11 Conor Travers          6   4  396 
 12 Giles Hutchings        6   4  394 
 13 Jonathan Wynn          6   4  391 
 14 Mark Deeks             6   4  372 
 15 Zarte Siempre          6   4  362 
 16 Ryan Taylor            6   4  353 
 17 Norm Ahmad             6   4  340 
 18 Jamie McNeill          6   4  338 
 19 Tracey Mills           6   4  319 
 20 Richard Priest         6   4  315 
 21 Michelle Nevitt        6   4  312 
 22 Zubair Patel           6   4  300 
 23 Ashwin Abinashi        6   4  264 
 24 Jonathan de Souza      6   3  353 
 25 Tom Carey              6   3  329 
 26 Gevin Chapwell         6   3  326 
 26 Jeff Clayton           6   3  326 
 28 Ronan Higginson        6   3  311 
 29 Lauren Hamer           6   3  306 
 30 Josephine Sinclair     6   3  298 
 31 Graeme Cole            6   3  293 
 31 Tim Hebbes             6   3  293 
 33 Sam Prouse             6   3  291 
 34 Adam Dexter            6   3  290 
 34 Stewart Gordon         6   3  290 
 36 Matt Morrison          6   3  285 
 37 Ned Pendleton          6   3  273 
 37 Pete Steggle           6   3  273 
 39 Mike Springett         6   3  264 
 40 James Wilson           6   3  255 
 41 Philippa MacFarlane    6   3  252 
 42 Ben Hunter             6   3  248 
 43 Conrad Teixeira        6   3  242 
 44 Mauro Pratesi          6   3  237 
 45 Caroline Steadman      6   3  224 
 46 Jess Pratesi           6   2  311 
 47 Chris Marshall         6   2  297 
 48 Matty Artell           6   2  288 
 49 Ian Haslup             6   2  286 
 50 Heather Badcock        6   2  280 
 51 Mike Brown             6   2  278 
 52 Adam Curran            6   2  273 
 53 Dan Byrom              6   2  271 
 54 David Hilton           6   2  262 
 55 Sandie Simonis         6   2  260 
 56 Berkan Chelikhan       6   2  253 
 57 Nathan Pace            6   2  249 
 58 Cathy Summerside       6   2  244 
 59 Amy Godel              6   2  240 
 60 Oliver Levy            6   2  208 
 61 Mark Mills             6   2  186 
 62 Sarah Bladon           6   1  258 
 63 Vik Shah               6   1  252 
 64 Sara Lawson            6   1  214 
 65 Matt Rowbotham         6   1  207 
 66 Amar Chotai            6   1  206 
 67 Lynne Cumberland       6   1  189 
 68 Anthony Prunesor       6   0    0 
 68 Apterous Prune         6   0    0 

RESULTS

Round 1

Table 1
Conor Travers 55 - 65 Oliver Garner
Oliver Garner 59 - 40 Graeme Cole
Graeme Cole 45 - 63 Conor Travers

Table 2
Ronan Higginson 37 - 70 Jamie McNeill
Jamie McNeill 60 - 34 Conrad Teixeira
Conrad Teixeira 48 - 54 Ronan Higginson

Table 3
Dan Byrom 61 - 0 Anthony Prunesor
Anthony Prunesor 0 - 59 Lauren Hamer
Lauren Hamer 39 - 45 Dan Byrom

Table 4
Jeff Clayton 58 - 15 Mauro Pratesi
Mauro Pratesi 46 - 34 Amar Chotai
Amar Chotai 28 - 67 Jeff Clayton

Table 5
Tracey Mills 70 - 48 Jonathan de Souza
Jonathan de Souza 46 - 64 Mark Deeks
Mark Deeks 78 - 56 Tracey Mills

Table 6
Mike Springett 26 - 66 Jess Pratesi
Jess Pratesi 48 - 30 Sara Lawson
Sara Lawson 46 - 52 Mike Springett

Table 7
James Laverty 40 - 62 Norm Ahmad
Norm Ahmad 50 - 45 David Hilton
David Hilton 36 - 42 James Laverty

Table 8
Oliver Levy 30 - 58 Michelle Nevitt
Michelle Nevitt 66 - 46 Stewart Gordon
Stewart Gordon 54 - 43 Oliver Levy

Table 9
Josephine Sinclair 55 - 0 Apterous Prune
Apterous Prune 0 - 73 Mark Murray
Mark Murray 67 - 34 Josephine Sinclair

Table 10
Vik Shah 48 - 52 Amy Godel
Amy Godel 55 - 44 Sandie Simonis
Sandie Simonis 53 - 30 Vik Shah

Table 11
Paul Erdunast 71*- 61 Gevin Chapwell
Gevin Chapwell 54 - 62 Richard Priest
Richard Priest 32 - 55 Paul Erdunast

Table 12
Adam Curran 35 - 58 Bradley Horrocks
Bradley Horrocks 62 - 33 Philippa MacFarlane
Philippa MacFarlane 40 - 54 Adam Curran

Table 13
Sarah Bladon 44 - 45 Cathy Summerside
Cathy Summerside 27 - 67 Ryan Taylor
Ryan Taylor 52 - 41 Sarah Bladon

Table 14
Mike Brown 35 - 62 James Robinson
James Robinson 61 - 71 Jonathan Wynn
Jonathan Wynn 60 -*70 Mike Brown

Table 15
Tom Cappleman 49 - 21 Chris Marshall
Chris Marshall 37 - 49 Zubair Patel
Zubair Patel 53 - 71 Tom Cappleman

Table 16
Adam Dexter 59 - 51 Nathan Pace
Nathan Pace 41 - 64 Pete Steggle
Pete Steggle 41 - 61 Adam Dexter

Table 17
Lynne Cumberland 30 - 34 Matt Rowbotham
Matt Rowbotham 30 - 51 Caroline Steadman
Caroline Steadman 48 - 30 Lynne Cumberland

Table 18
Ian Haslup 38 - 59 Matty Artell
Matty Artell 61 - 63 Eddy Byrne
Eddy Byrne 72 - 46 Ian Haslup

Table 19
Heather Badcock 34 - 41 James Wilson
James Wilson 44 - 36 Mark Mills
Mark Mills 13 - 60 Heather Badcock

Table 20
Berkan Chelikhan 18 - 71 Zarte Siempre
Zarte Siempre 63 - 36 Ashwin Abinashi
Ashwin Abinashi 52 - 42 Berkan Chelikhan

Table 21
Tim Hebbes 56 - 59 Matthew Tassier
Matthew Tassier 50 - 47 Matt Morrison
Matt Morrison 31 - 49 Tim Hebbes

Table 22
Tom Carey 73 - 38 Ben Hunter
Ben Hunter 25 - 79 Giles Hutchings
Giles Hutchings 58 - 68 Tom Carey

Table 23
Sam Prouse 48 - 49 Ned Pendleton
Ned Pendleton 44 - 45 Jon Elmer
Jon Elmer 61 - 21 Sam Prouse

Round 2

Table 1
Tom Carey 56 - 65 Mark Murray
Mark Murray 47 - 61 Mark Deeks
Mark Deeks 55 - 59 Tom Carey

Table 2
Zarte Siempre 59 - 34 Jamie McNeill
Jamie McNeill 32 - 38 Eddy Byrne
Eddy Byrne 58 - 44 Zarte Siempre

Table 3
Jeff Clayton 57 - 47 Michelle Nevitt
Michelle Nevitt 43 - 53 Paul Erdunast
Paul Erdunast 63*- 53 Jeff Clayton

Table 4
Adam Dexter 44 - 69 Bradley Horrocks
Bradley Horrocks 55 - 52 Oliver Garner
Oliver Garner 54 - 39 Adam Dexter

Table 5
Ryan Taylor 63 - 59 Jess Pratesi
Jess Pratesi 44 - 63 Tom Cappleman
Tom Cappleman 71 - 53 Ryan Taylor

Table 6
Matthew Tassier 64 - 25 Amy Godel
Amy Godel 22 - 63 Norm Ahmad
Norm Ahmad 48 - 57 Matthew Tassier

Table 7
Jon Elmer 66 - 25 Caroline Steadman
Caroline Steadman 40 - 38 Dan Byrom
Dan Byrom 50 - 52 Jon Elmer

Table 8
Giles Hutchings 61 - 69 Jonathan Wynn
Jonathan Wynn 80 - 46 James Wilson
James Wilson 26 - 68 Giles Hutchings

Table 9
James Robinson 59 - 33 Matty Artell
Matty Artell 37 - 68 Tracey Mills
Tracey Mills 28 - 55 James Robinson

Table 10
Mike Brown 44 - 43 Pete Steggle
Pete Steggle 36 - 72 Conor Travers
Conor Travers 93 - 65 Mike Brown

Table 11
Zubair Patel 47 - 41 Stewart Gordon
Stewart Gordon 50 - 49 Tim Hebbes
Tim Hebbes 30 - 47 Zubair Patel

Table 12
Sandie Simonis 26 - 57 Heather Badcock
Heather Badcock 30 - 51 Lauren Hamer
Lauren Hamer 56 - 50 Sandie Simonis

Table 13
Ned Pendleton 47 - 65 Ronan Higginson
Ronan Higginson 63 - 37 Richard Priest
Richard Priest 61 - 26 Ned Pendleton

Table 14
Josephine Sinclair 39 -*49 Ashwin Abinashi
Ashwin Abinashi 48 - 40 Adam Curran
Adam Curran 62 - 54 Josephine Sinclair

Table 15
Mike Springett 42 - 37 Cathy Summerside
Cathy Summerside 44 - 59 James Laverty
James Laverty 79 - 54 Mike Springett

Table 16
Mauro Pratesi 52 -*62 Gevin Chapwell
Gevin Chapwell 70 - 28 Matt Rowbotham
Matt Rowbotham 38 -*48 Mauro Pratesi

Table 17
Nathan Pace 36 - 59 Graeme Cole
Graeme Cole 66 - 63 Jonathan de Souza
Jonathan de Souza 76 - 29 Nathan Pace

Table 18
Ian Haslup 60 - 17 Conrad Teixeira
Conrad Teixeira 49 - 44 Sarah Bladon
Sarah Bladon 55 - 45 Ian Haslup

Table 19
Matt Morrison 51 - 52 Vik Shah
Vik Shah 33 - 39 David Hilton
David Hilton 22 - 54 Matt Morrison

Table 20
Oliver Levy 28 - 36 Philippa MacFarlane
Philippa MacFarlane 57 - 21 Sara Lawson
Sara Lawson 46 - 14 Oliver Levy

Table 21
Ben Hunter 45 - 33 Amar Chotai
Amar Chotai 23 - 57 Sam Prouse
Sam Prouse 63 - 28 Ben Hunter

Table 22
Lynne Cumberland 18 - 71 Chris Marshall
Chris Marshall 65 - 45 Berkan Chelikhan
Berkan Chelikhan 56 - 39 Lynne Cumberland

Table 23
Anthony Prunesor** 0 - 0 Apterous Prune
Apterous Prune 0 - 66 Mark Mills
Mark Mills 36 - 0 Anthony Prunesor

** A spot was left open for Anthony Endsor during the first two rounds, in the hope that his attempt to find the venue would end in success. It didn't. This meant for the first two rounds he wasn't classed as a Prune, so ended up being drawn against the real Prune in round 2, hence the 0-0.

Round 3

Table 1
Bradley Horrocks 44 - 74 Paul Erdunast
Paul Erdunast 49 - 50 Tom Cappleman
Tom Cappleman 50 - 56 Bradley Horrocks

Table 2
Matthew Tassier 37 - 58 Jon Elmer
Jon Elmer 51 - 64 Eddy Byrne
Eddy Byrne 55 -*65 Matthew Tassier

Table 3
Jonathan Wynn 64 - 54 Mark Deeks
Mark Deeks 60 - 56 Conor Travers
Conor Travers 57 - 47 Jonathan Wynn

Table 4
James Robinson 75*- 65 Zarte Siempre
Zarte Siempre 60 - 26 Tom Carey
Tom Carey 47 - 71 James Robinson

Table 5
Jeff Clayton 41 - 64 Ryan Taylor
Ryan Taylor 54 - 64 Mark Murray
Mark Murray 68 - 50 Jeff Clayton

Table 6
Norm Ahmad 61 - 51 Ronan Higginson
Ronan Higginson 41 - 85 Oliver Garner
Oliver Garner 74 - 56 Norm Ahmad

Table 7
Lauren Hamer 61 -*71 Zubair Patel
Zubair Patel 43 - 56 James Laverty
James Laverty 63 - 40 Lauren Hamer

Table 8
Caroline Steadman 27 - 67 Giles Hutchings
Giles Hutchings 61 - 27 Ashwin Abinashi
Ashwin Abinashi 62 - 33 Caroline Steadman

Table 9
Tracey Mills 51 - 46 Jess Pratesi
Jess Pratesi 48 - 56 Gevin Chapwell
Gevin Chapwell 33 - 46 Tracey Mills

Table 10
Mike Brown 30 - 42 Graeme Cole
Graeme Cole 41 - 45 Michelle Nevitt
Michelle Nevitt 53 - 44 Mike Brown

Table 11
Jamie McNeill 82 - 62 Chris Marshall
Chris Marshall 41 - 53 Adam Dexter
Adam Dexter 34 - 60 Jamie McNeill

Table 12
Richard Priest 67*- 57 Stewart Gordon
Stewart Gordon 42 - 40 Dan Byrom
Dan Byrom 37 - 66 Richard Priest

Table 13
Sam Prouse 58 - 51 Heather Badcock
Heather Badcock 48 - 55 Josephine Sinclair
Josephine Sinclair 61 - 44 Sam Prouse

Table 14
Philippa MacFarlane 32 - 48 Mauro Pratesi
Mauro Pratesi 38 - 43 Mike Springett
Mike Springett 47 - 54 Philippa MacFarlane

Table 15
Amy Godel 28 - 50 Jonathan de Souza
Jonathan de Souza 70 - 30 James Wilson
James Wilson 68 - 58 Amy Godel

Table 16
Matty Artell 33 -*43 Pete Steggle
Pete Steggle 56 - 23 Mark Mills
Mark Mills 12 - 65 Matty Artell

Table 17
Tim Hebbes 48 - 42 Adam Curran
Adam Curran 40 - 52 Ian Haslup
Ian Haslup 45 - 61 Tim Hebbes

Table 18
Matt Morrison 58 - 30 Sandie Simonis
Sandie Simonis 57 - 37 Sarah Bladon
Sarah Bladon 37 - 44 Matt Morrison

Table 19
Vik Shah 50 - 61 Berkan Chelikhan
Berkan Chelikhan 31 - 46 Ned Pendleton
Ned Pendleton 61 - 39 Vik Shah

Table 20
Conrad Teixeira 51 - 35 Sara Lawson
Sara Lawson 36 - 54 Cathy Summerside
Cathy Summerside 37 - 43 Conrad Teixeira

Table 21
Ben Hunter 50 - 45 Matt Rowbotham
Matt Rowbotham 32 - 69 David Hilton
David Hilton 51 - 62 Ben Hunter

Table 22
Nathan Pace 47 - 43 Amar Chotai
Amar Chotai 45 - 0 Anthony Prunesor
Anthony Prunesor 0 - 45 Nathan Pace

Table 23
Lynne Cumberland 26 - 51 Oliver Levy
Oliver Levy 42 - 0 Apterous Prune
Apterous Prune 0 - 46 Lynne Cumberland

[EDITED] These standings and results have been corrected to take account of tiebreak conundrums, and to correct the round 2 result between Josephine Sinclair and Adam Curran which was entered the wrong way round.