COLIN XIV- Countdown in Lincoln, 27-28 January 2018

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Ben Wilson
Legend

COLIN XIV- Countdown in Lincoln, 27-28 January 2018

Post by Ben Wilson » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:55 pm

COLIN XIV

Good evening everyone :-)

It’s that time of year again! Well, actually, no, it isn’t. That time of year is still five months away at the time of writing, but that doesn’t mean I can’t start getting hype for it.

COLIN is back! For the fourteenth year in a row, the co-event calendar (and for the third year in a row, FOCAL) will kick off with what was, briefly, the biggest co-event of all time, but remains the oldest and (hopefully) the one everyone wants to win.

Very little is changed from last year. It’ll be the traditional COLIN format of 3 rounds of Edinburgh-style 9 rounders followed by a final, kicking off at 11:50 and ending just before 6pm. The venue will be the Ark on Moor Lane in North Hykeham, as it was last year. And the following day, as with last year, we’ll be at the Memorial Hall on Newark Road in North Hykeham for the fifth Hangover event. This, as always, will be 2 rounds of Edinburgh-style 9 rounders followed by a final, kicking off at 11am (or, if history is any judge, some time afterward when everybody (especially Jen) eventually shows up) and ending at around 2:30pm (or earlier if everyone passes out. Again). The price for this weekend full of Countdowny goodness is a mere £13 for the Saturday, £8 for the Sunday or £18 for both days, payable by Paypal to hulla.mahulla@btopenworld.com or by cheque to my home address (available upon request).

I’m already trawling various hardware stores/Amazon for this- well, next- year’s trophies and prizes, which will hopefully be the most unique yet! There will also be spot prizes on offer throughout the day and maybe even a few prizes for the more creatively-minded among you!

More details will inevitably come over the coming few months, so watch this space! Especially watch this space if you’re interested in people arguing about Travelodge prices.

No badgers.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

See you in January!

Entrants so far (23/9/17)-

COLIN XIV (10)-

Zarte Siempre
Thomas Carey
Callum Todd
Jennifer Steadman
Thomas Cappleman
May Battlefield
Lauren Hamer
Jack Worsley
Paul Worsley
Gevin Chapwell

The Hangover (11)-

Zarte Siempre
Thomas Carey
Callum Todd
Jennifer Steadman
Adam Gillard
Thomas Cappleman
May Battlefield
Lauren Hamer
Jack Worsley
Paul Worsley
Gevin Chapwell

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter

Re: COLIN XIV- Countdown in Lincoln, 27-28 January 2018

Post by Zarte Siempre » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:50 pm

Decent first table. Just close entries now :)
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: COLIN XIV- Countdown in Lincoln, 27-28 January 2018

Post by Matt Morrison » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Lloyds customers - I don't know how dynamic this is related to your own spending, but check your Everyday Offers. I've got 5% off Travelodge and it lasts until 14 Dec 2017.

So I'm now hoping for a triple layer of savings - Travelodge sale, Topcashback cashback, and then Lloyds cashback on top. Fingers crossed...