COLIN- your stories

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Ben Wilson
Legend

COLIN- your stories

Post by Ben Wilson »

Hi folks

I realise it’s a long way off, but believe it or not, plans are already underway for next year’s COLIN event. I’ve commissioned a crossword from Lee Fisher (sorry about that), I’ve already chosen a final conundrum (did that before this year’s COLIN in fact) and I’m already researching prizes (probably homemade again) and freebies (probably crap again). One thing I want to do this year is to give everyone a proper COLIN magazine, in the same vein as the brilliant magazines that were produced at this year’s Leeds and London events. This will be in addition to the regular puzzle magazine, and will feature various statistics, photos and articles about COLINs of years past, and that’s where you come in. What I’d like everyone to do is submit their favourite anecdotes about previous COLIN events, some funny, or risqué, or even controversial stories (preferably something I can print without getting sued for libel/told off by my mum, though). These will be compiled together into the ultimate COLIN compendium. Over 150 people combined have attended 13 COLIN events, 4 hangovers and god knows how many Fox and Hounds/South Hykeham McDonalds/Thorpe on the Hill Travelodge sessions, so there have got to be a few funny stories in there somewhere. Private replies only please, by pm here or email/facebook message.

Tl;dr- send me your funniest COLIN stories for next year’s freebies.

BJW
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: COLIN- your stories

Post by Matt Morrison »

Feel free to use whatever you like from the Colin report I did once. Pretty sure it's on here. Unless that was Colon.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Matt Morrison wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:34 pm Feel free to use whatever you like from the Colin report I did once. Pretty sure it's on here. Unless that was Colon.
the epic one from 2012 with the pictures? Got that saved to my hard drive as a pdf so will do, thanks! :)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Knew it was one of the two. Dunno why I have it saved as 'MWM COLIN 2012' on my hard drive then. Unless you did one for that year too.