Introducing... the H2H-o-Matic!

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Introducing... the H2H-o-Matic!

Post by Jennifer Steadman »

After a year of arduous but admittedly intermittent work from myself, Jack W and Graeme, I'm delighted to share the H2H-O-Matic with you all! As far as has proven possible, it documents every game result in Co-event history, and you can see your H2H with every player you've played at one. A link to it will be available on the FOCAL website (on the Current Standings page) in due course.

A few notes:
- We're missing the majority of fixtures/results from COLEI 2009/10/11 and COEDI 2012, so if you were at any of these events and remember who you played in which round and what the outcome was, please message me! (A few other events have a handful of fixtures/results missing, but it's a longer list.)
- Likewise, if you spot any mistakes in the data, please let me know :)
- This is a prototype at the moment. Hopefully the H2HOM will be expanded and prettified in due course, but for now, enjoy the basic function!
- As far as I can see, the most common fixtures in Co-event history are Graeme v James and Jack v Dylan, with 13 games played.

Enjoy :)
"There's leaders, and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" - Aristotle
Martin Hurst
Series 75 Champion

Re: Introducing... the H2H-o-Matic!

Post by Martin Hurst »

Outstanding work - well done :D
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Call it the Head-o-Matic, I reckon.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

H2omatic
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Giving you statistics on tap...
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Peter Clarke
Rookie

Post by Peter Clarke »

Just had a look at this. This is absolutely amazing Jen!! Amazing work!! :D
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

On CoEdi 2012, I'm sure I'd have remembered if I'd beaten Jono, and I don't.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Stewart Gordon
Enthusiast

Post by Stewart Gordon »

I've noticed there are a few events missing from the last 3 years or so:
  • CoStAl 2016
  • CO:DUB 2017
  • CO:DUB 2018
  • Co:Blackpool 2018
  • CoBrum / FOCAL Finals 2018
  • probably a few others that I didn't participate in....
Bradley Horrocks
Acolyte

Post by Bradley Horrocks »

The Co:BRIS results from 2018 don't seem to be right either. I played Joyce and Martin Thomas in the division finals, not Chris and Amar. Great project though, hope to see it continue to be updated :D
"And PANTIES, thank you for that, that cheers us up enormously" - NH
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Bradley Horrocks wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:55 pm The Co:BRIS results from 2018 don't seem to be right either. I played Joyce and Martin Thomas in the division finals, not Chris and Amar. Great project though, hope to see it continue to be updated :D
Yes, I'm aware that the Bristol 2018 results are a load of rubbish, specifically the games in divisions B and C in the last round. The spreadsheet they were kept in somehow got its games mixed up before it was sent to me, and there's no other record of the results. I tried to fix them at the time by asking people what the correct results were, but I didn't have enough information about who really played whom.

If you have the results for the games you played against Joyce and Martin, please share them, because we don't have them.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

And about CoDub 2017 and 2018, I'll gladly add those results to the database as soon as Eddy sends me them.
Stewart Gordon
Enthusiast

Post by Stewart Gordon »

Looks like I was wrong about CoStAl 2016 being missing - it has the wrong date stored for it. As do a few others.

CoStAl3 was on 2016-07-02, not 2015-07-02 as given.
CoChest2 was on 2012-10-13, not 2013-10-13.

There are probably other wrong dates - I just noticed these as they are causing my events to be out of sequence.
Bradley Horrocks
Acolyte

Graeme Cole wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:49 am If you have the results for the games you played against Joyce and Martin, please share them, because we don't have them.
My B Quarter Final says 60-51 to Chris Marshall. The actual result was 60-51 to Joyce Phillips.
My B Semi Final says 64-45 to me, against Amar Chotai. The actual result was 64-45 to me, against Martin Thomas.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Bradley Horrocks wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:09 am
Graeme Cole wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:49 am If you have the results for the games you played against Joyce and Martin, please share them, because we don't have them.
My B Quarter Final says 60-51 to Chris Marshall. The actual result was 60-51 to Joyce Phillips.
My B Semi Final says 64-45 to me, against Amar Chotai. The actual result was 64-45 to me, against Martin Thomas.
Thanks. I've corrected it now to take account of this and other results people sent me at the time. We're still missing two entire games from the Division C quarter-finals (the ones involving Anthony Endsor, Amar Chotai, Tom Fielding and Margaret Marshall in some combination), and we're missing scores from some other Division C games, but unless anyone tells me otherwise, the information on the CoBris 2018 page is now correct, if not complete.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Stewart Gordon wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:44 am Looks like I was wrong about CoStAl 2016 being missing - it has the wrong date stored for it. As do a few others.

CoStAl3 was on 2016-07-02, not 2015-07-02 as given.
CoChest2 was on 2012-10-13, not 2013-10-13.

There are probably other wrong dates - I just noticed these as they are causing my events to be out of sequence.
And thanks - I've corrected these as well.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

*Feilding
Bradley Horrocks
Acolyte

Graeme Cole wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:18 pm Thanks. I've corrected it now to take account of this and other results people sent me at the time.
No problem. I've just spotted an error on Co:HUD 2017, which I think is just a mix up of names beginning with J.

The current scores for the 4th round of fixtures are Jack Worsley 49-62 Mike Brown and Jeff Clayton 77-46 Bradley Horrocks. I know my game should say Jack Worsley beat me 77-46, and as everyone played each other once in their group, I imagine it should be Jeff 49-62 Mike.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I think it would be good to have tournament wins as one of the columns.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:41 pm I think it would be good to have tournament wins as one of the columns.
FWIW the COLIN stat file has this as one of the columns though obviously it doesn't include the people who've won events but haven't been to COLIN. Yet.
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Post by Jennifer Steadman »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:41 pm I think it would be good to have tournament wins as one of the columns.
I have a file with every person's event finishes ever, COLON 2011 aside, but not sure what the best way for Graeme to incorporate it into the H2H-o-matic is.
"There's leaders, and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" - Aristotle
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

I am, very, very, VERY slowly, putting all these games and results in the Wiki, since that's still meant to be the focal point (ba-doom tish) of co-event results, isn't it? Unlike Apto, where the wiki has been superceded by the tourney system.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Events won would be a good column to add. Imagine Worsley/Foster would have a dominant lead over the rest?
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

The wiki has a page that as far as I can tell is up to date- http://wiki.apterous.org/Co-event
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I just found out that Rob Foster has never won COLIN.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Redhill 2007 is next to wikify but I can't work out for the life of me what's going on. If it's Edinburgh style then nobody's got enough games, plus I find five rounds very difficult to believe if it is Edinburgh style. But if it's Bristol-style, the final table in each round except round one is Edinburgh style... and I don't know where to start with the "play-offs". No idea at all.
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

JackHurst wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:00 pm Events won would be a good column to add. Imagine Worsley/Foster would have a dominant lead over the rest?
Pretty sure Innis was ahead on this until around 2016. Then Jack Worsley evolved or something.
Gavin Chipper wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:44 pm I just found out that Rob Foster has never won COLIN.
Yeah, he's shit isn't he?
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.
Dave Robjohns
Rookie

Post by Dave Robjohns »

Re http://wiki.apterous.org/Co-event, Innis' total doesn't look right - says 6 wins but lists 9

The H2H and wiki stuff all very cool as a stats guy though, nice work all!
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:28 am Redhill 2007 is next to wikify but I can't work out for the life of me what's going on. If it's Edinburgh style then nobody's got enough games, plus I find five rounds very difficult to believe if it is Edinburgh style. But if it's Bristol-style, the final table in each round except round one is Edinburgh style... and I don't know where to start with the "play-offs". No idea at all.
It was Bristol style.

Scott Kenyon arrived late so didn't take part in the first round.

Because of the uneven numbers, the bottom table was played as a triple, and scored as if 3 games were going on simultaneously with the same rounds (AvB, AvC, BvC). You got half a point for each of those games that you won. I think only one person could get the conundrum.

The final was sudden-death. In round 1 I offered AMIDINES (no good) instead of DIAMINES while Ben and Mike had 7s. If I went for DIAMINES I would've won (not that I lose sleep over it :x ). Because that was disallowed I was out, and the other two drew 4 further rounds before Ben won a round, to win the sudden-death play-off.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Brilliant, Jono. You're amazing. I owe you a drink. Or something.

So the "sudden death playoff" was played 3-way, and the "score" includes the round you lost on? That might be difficult to wikicode.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:44 pm Brilliant, Jono. You're amazing. I owe you a drink. Or something.

So the "sudden death playoff" was played 3-way, and the "score" includes the round you lost on? That might be difficult to wikicode.
Ok, you can buy me a drink, but we can only discuss the Wiki, not politics.

We might've all drawn the first round on second thoughts.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

fao Graeme: I lost to Alex Lacey at CoLei4, and according to the recaps thread I scored 51 (which was a lot for 12-year-old me in an old 15), but couldn't tell you what he scored.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Edinburgh 2012: thanks to Robbo's photo album I can ascertain, or at least guesstimate, who played who. However, no idea how they did the final table here. Had a couple of suggestions from Jono and Ian Volante but would like something more concrete.

If you know, feel free to add in the final fixtures yourself in the wiki...
L'oisleatch McGraw
Devotee

Post by L'oisleatch McGraw »

Graeme Cole wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:50 am And about CoDub 2017 and 2018, I'll gladly add those results to the database as soon as Eddy sends me them.
A bit late getting to this, but the last few Co:Wats aren't on it either.
Can I send the results using the same Google doc we used for 2018?
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: S:778-ochamp
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

The 2019 Reading and all the recent COMSO events are missing too - result links at http://kisekigo.com/cd/
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

It would be great to get ELO ratings for players out of this.

Game order is important for this, and I am not sure if the data has this?
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

JackHurst wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:33 pm It would be great to get ELO ratings for players out of this.

Game order is important for this, and I am not sure if the data has this?
It should do, it has round numbers per event. For events like COLIN where each round has 2 games that are effectively treated as happening simultaneously, it may fall down a bit.

Incidentally co-event ratings have been a thing in the past but were dropped as everybody (at the time) thought it was a bit pointless, but there's no reason unofficial ratings can't be run somewhere.
Andres Sanchez
Enthusiast

Post by Andres Sanchez »

JackHurst wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:33 pm It would be great to get ELO ratings for players out of this.
What are ELO ratings? I'm not fully knowledgeable on those.
One of da 'Muricans