COHUD 2017 - Countdown In Huddersfield - Saturday 7th October 2017

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

COHUD 2017 - Countdown In Huddersfield - Saturday 7th October 2017

Post by James Robinson » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:06 pm

YEAH, WE'RE BACK BABY!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

I'm back with yet another edition of Countdown In Huddersfield (COHUD), and back by popular demand, Callum Todd is on hand to co-host with me for the second year in a row, plus with COHUD Pointless inbetween the action, it's a fun day out for all. ;) :) :D

We are heading back to Huddersfield once again, and as we have been since 2014, we'll be using PPG Canalside, the Huddersfield Town A.F.C. training complex just up the Leeds Road from the stadium, at HD2 1YJ. It is a fully modern, up-to-date facility and ready to cope with the hustle and bustle of a CO-event. (For a look yourselves, go here: http://www.canalsidesports.com/)

Presented by James Robinson and Callum Todd, using the "Bristol" classroom format and playing along with big screen virtual studio graphics:

- Guaranteeing a minimum of 7 games for every contestant.
- The format will be 10 round games (LLNLLNLLNC) in 1/0 format, followed by a final phase of 9R QF and SF which will eventually lead to the 14R grand final.
- The grand final in Group A plays out as the tournament showpiece.

The heats will use 1/0 scoring, so there's a possible "ten out of ten" to aim for in every match. For winning a match you'll score two points, and it's one point apiece for a draw (so no tie-breakers!). This will give us a winner in each group, and then a statistical overall winner, taking account of overall scores and goal difference.

COHUD 2017 will take place on Saturday 7 October -- doors open at 9am for a prompt 10am start, finishing at around 6pm. The admission price is set at £15 and includes a hot buffet lunch. The cash bar will be available too.

As per usual, payments are available:
- By PayPal (https://www.paypal.me/JRTerrier7/15);
- By phone (0781 775 0544);
- By cheque (address available on request).

We look forward to having you join us up in West Yorkshire!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-) :geek: :ugeek:

Confirmed Attendees (3):
Tom Carey
Nathan Pace
Ian Peek

Interested Attendees (33):
Bradley Horrocks
Cammy Lovatt
Chris Marshall
Ciaran McCarthy
Craig Tranter
Daniel Stevanato
Dave Benson
Dave Bill
Eddy Byrne
Eoin Jackson
Jack Worsley
Jason Turner
Jeff Clayton
Jen Steadman
Joe McGonigle
Katherine Webb
Mark Davies
Mark Mills
Matty Artell
Mike Springett
Nicky Owens
Paul Talmey
Paul Worsley
Peter Clarke
Phil Jarvis
Richard Heald
Richard Judd
Richard Priest
Robin McKay
Sean Fletcher
Tracey Mills
Usman Mirza
Zarte Siempre
Last edited by James Robinson on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Andrew Alden

Re: COHUD 2017 - Countdown In Huddersfield - Saturday 7th October 2017

Post by Andrew Alden » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:01 pm

....Having literally just returned from Media City in Manchester recording Countdown I found your post purely by accident but coupled to the fact I live just outside Huddersfield then this event has come as a rather pleasant if somewhat spooky coincidence!

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Andrew Alden wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:01 pm
....Having literally just returned from Media City in Manchester recording Countdown I found your post purely by accident but coupled to the fact I live just outside Huddersfield then this event has come as a rather pleasant if somewhat spooky coincidence!
Well, that's brilliant, Andrew.

We love having as many people with us as possible, and if you could attend, that would certainly make me happy.
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:28 am

Poo, first year I'll have to miss CoHud since I started coming to events
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....