.co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Post Reply
Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

.co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Zarte Siempre » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:41 pm

Iiiiiiiiit’s baaaaa-aaaack.

Yes, Innis and I are back for Mk3 – and this time, it’s personal (other misplaced film quotes are available)

It’s been one of the biggest events the last two years, but this year we’re simply striving to make it the best yet. Expect mischief, mirth, and mishaps, but most of all, expect it to be fun with a capital mildly intoxicated.

Doors will open to the upstairs room of the New Queen Victoria pub in Wolverton (same venue as previously) at 10:30am on Saturday 12th August, with the draw at 11am, and the games starting at 11:15.

It will cost you £16 to get in those doors, although preferably, you’ll have paid that in advance, and we won’t have to hire any door staff. These payments can be made via PayPal to Innis’ account - innis_carson@hotmail.co.uk – This is the same price as last year, and will also be the same price next year, barring enforced change of venue. However in 2018, if you entered in 2017, you’ll receive £1 off!

Things you will receive for this £16:

A minimum of 8 games of Countdown (barring disaster) - The format will be the same. 8 qualifying 9-rounders, 3 before lunch, 3 after, and 2 after a quick break, before a final to decide who will be the 3rd name on the Concrete Cow Cup. Which is still a shield. The 3 games before lunch will be done from a seeded draw based on the results of the last 2 years’ .co.mk - players will be assigned to pot A-D and one from each pot will be drawn to play against one another in a 4-person round robin. This does mean that those who haven’t turned up previously will be put into pot D, sorry about that, but I don't believe in seeding based on other events. You will potentially get a nicer draw next year though!

To get to relentlessly mock Innis on his birthday – yes, it’s his actual birthday! If anyone has any good ideas of how we can commemorate this, then please do let me know!

To visit the only event that has it’s own sound man – Jason Leslie is back and he’s ready to take the piss out of everybody (mainly me) once again!

The chance to win some cool prizes, both for good performances, and for other things across the day, including this year’s side competition, to be announced at a later point (it doesn’t involve Moles being stuck on the ceiling)

Your very own terrible personalised poem upon entry (on Facebook) – not entry to the actual building. I suspect poetry may have abandoned me by then.

And probably some other stuff I’ve forgotten about.

Other things you should know:

The venue is in Wolverton, which is one train stop on from Milton Keynes Central. There isn’t very much in Wolverton though, and people tend to go out on the Friday and Saturday in Milton Keynes itself, so if you’re planning on booking a hotel, I would advise doing so in the centre. There are several options, although Travelodge and Jury’s Inn tend to be the 2 that come out on top most often. Milton Keynes Central travels directly to and from lots of places, including London, Birmingham, Manchester and Edinburgh.

Food options are abundant both in MK and in Wolverton, however as our venue is a pub that has its own café – that is probably the most convenient – however order in advance, because they have a habit of being understaffed and making people wait.

There are a few parking options located in the immediate vicinity, or you can park in the Tesco car park, which stupidly haven’t put any rules in place about it. I would maybe condone buying at least a scratchcard from them though, so they don’t become inclined to put said rules in place for next year.

Any questions, just ask – otherwise, bring it on!



Confirmed Attendees (49) (3 spaces left):

Callum Todd
Giles Hutchings
Nathan Pace *
Aidan Linge *
Mark Murray
Tom Carey
Katherine Webb *
Jen Steadman
Samuel Prouse **
Tim Down
Sean Fletcher
Sara Lawson *
Dave Ryan *
Suzy Turner *
Graeme Cole
Karen Pearson *
Adam Dexter
Dylan Taylor
Matt Morrison *
Eddy Byrne
Paul Talmey
Zubair Patel
Sandie Simonis *
Stewart Gordon
Jamie McNeill *
Dan Byrom **
Chris Marshall
Toby Pereira
Bradley Horrocks *
Rob Foster
Sarah Bladon *
James Wilson
Matthew Tassier *
Lynne Cumberland *
Mauro Pratesi
Jessica Pratesi *
Peter Clarke
James Laverty
Stephen Read*
Jon Elmer*
Mark Deeks*
Marc Bradshaw
Berkan Chelikhan*
Joe Oliva*
Matty Artell
Callum Pickering
Ben Williams**
Amar Chotai
Anoush Khachik**

* - First time at MK
** - First time at any event
Last edited by Zarte Siempre on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Zarte Siempre » Wed May 10, 2017 10:01 am

We're now 25% full, and we've got 3 months to go. It's helpful to me if people enter as soon as they know they can go, so I have an idea of numbers, so please keep your entries coming! :)
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Zarte Siempre » Wed May 17, 2017 10:05 am

We're past the third of the way mark! :)
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Zarte Siempre » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:41 pm

Edit: Oops
Last edited by Zarte Siempre on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7233
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Matt Morrison » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:04 pm

what has happened

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Zarte Siempre » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:23 pm

I quoted myself instead of editing the entry list by accident, soz.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7233
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Matt Morrison » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:40 am

Wolverton returns are £20, but I can get a single to and from MK for £12.

Assume that is actually better for the way home as people will be in MK, but what about the morning bit, how would I get from MK to Wolverton, and what would it cost? Are there barriers at Wolverton or would I be fine just using my MK ticket and coughing up some "forgot to get off" story?

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Zarte Siempre » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:47 am

Matt Morrison wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:40 am
Wolverton returns are £20, but I can get a single to and from MK for £12.

Assume that is actually better for the way home as people will be in MK, but what about the morning bit, how would I get from MK to Wolverton, and what would it cost? Are there barriers at Wolverton or would I be fine just using my MK ticket and coughing up some "forgot to get off" story?
I am obviously going to distance myself from these heinous criminal insinuations. However if you are insistent on being no better than a murderer, then the last time I used that station there were no barriers - I haven't been there for probably some 7 years though - I can't guarantee this info is up to date.

Alternatively, those who conspire effectively could easily get a cab for 4 people and end up likely only spending about £1.50 each at that time of day.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

Dan Byrom
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Dan Byrom » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi Zarte - thought you might want to know that the date given for this event on the FOCAL page on the apterous wiki is 19th August rather than 12th August (which is the date shown everywhere else)

Question: How do I sign up exactly? (Sorry for my noobish first-timery-ness) - is it just a case of making the Paypal payment, or is there a list I need to put my name on?

Thanks!

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Zarte Siempre » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Dan Byrom wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:35 pm
Hi Zarte - thought you might want to know that the date given for this event on the FOCAL page on the apterous wiki is 19th August rather than 12th August (which is the date shown everywhere else)

Question: How do I sign up exactly? (Sorry for my noobish first-timery-ness) - is it just a case of making the Paypal payment, or is there a list I need to put my name on?

Thanks!
Thanks Dan, I'll get someone with an account to fix it :)

Paypal is all, no need to sign any forms signing your soul away until the day :)
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Zarte Siempre » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:16 pm

.
Last edited by Zarte Siempre on Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

User avatar
Ben Wilson
Legend
Posts: 3712
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:05 pm
Location: North Hykeham

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Ben Wilson » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:33 am

Zarte Siempre wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:16 pm
Zarte Siempre wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:41 pm
Iiiiiiiiit’s baaaaa-aaaack.

Yes, Innis and I are back for Mk3 – and this time, it’s personal (other misplaced film quotes are available)

It’s been one of the biggest events the last two years, but this year we’re simply striving to make it the best yet. Expect mischief, mirth, and mishaps, but most of all, expect it to be fun with a capital mildly intoxicated.

Doors will open to the upstairs room of the New Queen Victoria pub in Wolverton (same venue as previously) at 10:30am on Saturday 12th August, with the draw at 11am, and the games starting at 11:15.

It will cost you £16 to get in those doors, although preferably, you’ll have paid that in advance, and we won’t have to hire any door staff. These payments can be made via PayPal to Innis’ account - innis_carson@hotmail.co.uk – This is the same price as last year, and will also be the same price next year, barring enforced change of venue. However in 2018, if you entered in 2017, you’ll receive £1 off!

Things you will receive for this £16:

A minimum of 8 games of Countdown (barring disaster) - The format will be the same. 8 qualifying 9-rounders, 3 before lunch, 3 after, and 2 after a quick break, before a final to decide who will be the 3rd name on the Concrete Cow Cup. Which is still a shield. The 3 games before lunch will be done from a seeded draw based on the results of the last 2 years’ .co.mk - players will be assigned to pot A-D and one from each pot will be drawn to play against one another in a 4-person round robin. This does mean that those who haven’t turned up previously will be put into pot D, sorry about that, but I don't believe in seeding based on other events. You will potentially get a nicer draw next year though!

To get to relentlessly mock Innis on his birthday – yes, it’s his actual birthday! If anyone has any good ideas of how we can commemorate this, then please do let me know!

To visit the only event that has it’s own sound man – Jason Leslie is back and he’s ready to take the piss out of everybody (mainly me) once again!

The chance to win some cool prizes, both for good performances, and for other things across the day, including this year’s side competition, to be announced at a later point (it doesn’t involve Moles being stuck on the ceiling)

Your very own terrible personalised poem upon entry (on Facebook) – not entry to the actual building. I suspect poetry may have abandoned me by then.

And probably some other stuff I’ve forgotten about.

Other things you should know:

The venue is in Wolverton, which is one train stop on from Milton Keynes Central. There isn’t very much in Wolverton though, and people tend to go out on the Friday and Saturday in Milton Keynes itself, so if you’re planning on booking a hotel, I would advise doing so in the centre. There are several options, although Travelodge and Jury’s Inn tend to be the 2 that come out on top most often. Milton Keynes Central travels directly to and from lots of places, including London, Birmingham, Manchester and Edinburgh.

Food options are abundant both in MK and in Wolverton, however as our venue is a pub that has its own café – that is probably the most convenient – however order in advance, because they have a habit of being understaffed and making people wait.

There are a few parking options located in the immediate vicinity, or you can park in the Tesco car park, which stupidly haven’t put any rules in place about it. I would maybe condone buying at least a scratchcard from them though, so they don’t become inclined to put said rules in place for next year.

Any questions, just ask – otherwise, bring it on!



Confirmed Attendees (20):

Callum Todd
Giles Hutchings
Nathan Pace
Aidan Linge
Mark Murray
Tom Carey
Katherine Webb
Jen Steadman
Samuel Prouse
Tim Down
Sean Fletcher
Sara Lawson
Dave Ryan
Suzy Turner
Graeme Cole
Karen Pearson
Adam Dexter
Dylan Taylor
Matt Morrison
Eddy Byrne
You've done it again.

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Zarte Siempre » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:49 am

Bollocks. Never do admin when you're sleepy.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7851
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Gavin Chipper » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:43 am

I'm probably going to do the Milton Keynes parkrun on the Saturday morning if anyone is interested in doing that.

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7233
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Matt Morrison » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:41 pm

Don't forget to mention it on Twitter too Gevin.

User avatar
Mark Deeks
Kiloposter
Posts: 1670
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Mark Deeks » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:27 am

[second time's a charm]

Zarte, I just wanted to say you're really good at this.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

User avatar
Mark Deeks
Kiloposter
Posts: 1670
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Mark Deeks » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:01 pm

PS - Who won the pub games?
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Zarte Siempre » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:47 pm

Thanks Mark, you're very kind.

It would be an utter mess without Innis' help as well, and not nearly as fun without Jason :)

Team 4 won the pub games.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Zarte Siempre » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:52 pm

STANDINGS

Players are ranked by wins, then points.
Draws count as half a win.


P W D Pts
1 Rob Foster 8 8 0 527
2 Tim Down 8 7 0 442
3 Jen Steadman 8 6 0 500
4 Callum Todd 8 6 0 486
5 Mark Deeks 8 6 0 481
6 Callum Pickering 8 6 0 464
7 Graeme Cole 8 6 0 451
8 Matthew Tassier 8 6 0 393
9 Stephen Read 8 5 1 481
10 Dylan Taylor 8 5 1 470
11 Eddy Byrne 8 5 0 494
12 Giles Hutchings 8 5 0 488
13 Tom Carey 8 5 0 461
14 Mark Murray 8 5 0 445
15 Aidan Linge 8 5 0 399
16 Zubair Patel 8 5 0 389
17 Toby Pereira 8 5 0 373
18 Sandie Simonis 8 5 0 361
19 Matty Artell 8 5 0 359
20 Bradley Horrocks 8 4 1 428
21 Adam Dexter 8 3 3 361
22 Jon Elmer 8 4 0 416
23 Sean Fletcher 8 4 0 409
24 James Laverty 8 4 0 394
25 Jessica Pratesi 8 4 0 382
26 Peter Clarke 8 4 0 365
27 Karen Pearson 8 4 0 348
28 Dave Ryan 8 4 0 345
29 Dan Byrom 8 4 0 317
30 Amar Chotai 8 4 0 269
31 Stewart Gordon 8 3 1 363
32 Joe Oliva 8 3 1 322
33 James Wilson 8 3 1 301
34 Jamie McNeill 8 3 0 447
35 Matt Morrison 8 3 0 367
36 Chris Marshall 8 3 0 362
37 Suzy Turner 8 3 0 355
38 Nathan Pace 8 3 0 320
38 Sarah Bladon 8 3 0 320
40 Berkan Chelikhan 8 3 0 298
41 Lynne Cumberland 8 3 0 274
42 Mauro Pratesi 8 3 0 242
43 Paul Talmey 8 2 1 318
44 Samuel Prouse 8 2 1 299
45 Ben Williams 8 2 1 243
46 Steve Hawdon 8 2 0 270
47 Sara Lawson 8 2 0 249
48 Simon Fenton 8 2 0 152
49 Anoush Khachik 8 2 0 111
50 Adam Barton 8 1 1 140
51 Marc Bradshaw 8 1 0 127
52 Katherine Webb 8 0 1 178


RESULTS

Round 1

Table 1
Tom Carey 72 - 10 Marc Bradshaw
Berkan Chelikhan 32 - 80 Tom Carey
Tom Carey 57 - 36 Suzy Turner
Berkan Chelikhan 49 - 17 Marc Bradshaw
Marc Bradshaw 0 - 59 Suzy Turner
Suzy Turner 48 - 21 Berkan Chelikhan

Table 2
Adam Dexter 49 - 49 Paul Talmey
Jessica Pratesi 58 - 26 Adam Dexter
Adam Dexter 46 - 44 Sara Lawson
Jessica Pratesi 49 - 46 Paul Talmey
Paul Talmey 55 - 31 Sara Lawson
Sara Lawson 17 - 49 Jessica Pratesi

Table 3
Rob Foster 82 - 60 Matty Artell
Dave Ryan 29 - 52 Rob Foster
Rob Foster 62 - 30 Amar Chotai
Dave Ryan 52 - 40 Matty Artell
Matty Artell 40 - 17 Amar Chotai
Amar Chotai 31 - 29 Dave Ryan

Table 4
Callum Todd 73 - 38 Chris Marshall
Bradley Horrocks 39 - 56 Callum Todd
Callum Todd 63 - 0 Ben Williams
Bradley Horrocks 45 - 46 Chris Marshall
Chris Marshall 56 - 35 Ben Williams
Ben Williams 25 - 63 Bradley Horrocks

Table 5
Mark Murray 67 - 12 James Wilson
Aidan Linge 33 - 38 Mark Murray
Mark Murray 67 - 0 Anoush Khachik
Aidan Linge 67 - 20 James Wilson
James Wilson 55 - 12 Anoush Khachik
Anoush Khachik 4 - 55 Aidan Linge

Table 6
Giles Hutchings 82 - 11 Mauro Pratesi
Mark Deeks 65 - 54 Giles Hutchings
Giles Hutchings 66 - 31 Samuel Prouse
Mark Deeks 71 - 17 Mauro Pratesi
Mauro Pratesi 19 - 41 Samuel Prouse
Samuel Prouse 35 - 62 Mark Deeks

Table 7
Eddy Byrne 52 - 64 Stephen Read
Sarah Bladon 32 - 69 Eddy Byrne
Eddy Byrne 52 - 63 Jon Elmer
Sarah Bladon 38 - 72 Stephen Read
Stephen Read 67 - 45 Jon Elmer
Jon Elmer 41 - 29 Sarah Bladon

Table 8
Callum Pickering 59 - 32 Sean Fletcher
Lynne Cumberland 17 - 72 Callum Pickering
Callum Pickering 55 - 21 Nathan Pace
Lynne Cumberland 53 - 57 Sean Fletcher
Sean Fletcher 71 - 46 Nathan Pace
Nathan Pace 39 - 17 Lynne Cumberland

Table 9
Dylan Taylor 63 - 14 Toby Pereira
Matthew Tassier 46 - 73 Dylan Taylor
Dylan Taylor 62 - 14 Dan Byrom
Matthew Tassier 43 - 34 Toby Pereira
Toby Pereira 60 - 54 Dan Byrom
Dan Byrom 34 - 57 Matthew Tassier

Table 10
Tim Down 43 - 35 Peter Clarke
Joe Oliva 49 - 66 Tim Down
Tim Down 45 - 25 Steve Hawdon
Joe Oliva 26 - 48 Peter Clarke
Peter Clarke 62 - 32 Steve Hawdon
Steve Hawdon 38 - 49 Joe Oliva

Table 11
Stewart Gordon 26 - 62 Matt Morrison
Jamie McNeill 71 - 30 Stewart Gordon
Stewart Gordon 71 - 0 Adam Barton
Jamie McNeill 52 - 36 Matt Morrison
Matt Morrison 57 - 5 Adam Barton
Adam Barton 0 - 68 Jamie McNeill

Table 12
Jen Steadman 59 - 7 Zubair Patel
Sandie Simonis 31 - 61 Jen Steadman
Jen Steadman 83 - 17 Katherine Webb
Sandie Simonis 45 - 64 Zubair Patel
Zubair Patel 68 - 12 Katherine Webb
Katherine Webb 12 - 56 Sandie Simonis

Table 13
Graeme Cole 51 - 32 James Laverty
Karen Pearson 33 - 61 Graeme Cole
Graeme Cole 62 - 0 Simon Fenton
Karen Pearson 41 - 48 James Laverty
James Laverty 60 - 10 Simon Fenton
Simon Fenton 14 - 54 Karen Pearson

Round 2
Jen Steadman 73 - 38 Tom Carey
Stephen Read 63 - 63 Dylan Taylor
Rob Foster 63 - 55 Mark Deeks
Callum Todd 73 - 63 Jamie McNeill
Graeme Cole 45 - 63 Callum Pickering
Mark Murray 55 - 58 Jessica Pratesi
Tim Down 58 - 38 Giles Hutchings
Sean Fletcher 54 - 62 Aidan Linge
Jon Elmer 66 - 53 Matt Morrison
Peter Clarke 46 - 52 Matthew Tassier
Chris Marshall 55 - 37 Suzy Turner
Zubair Patel 58 - 54 James Laverty
Paul Talmey 21 - 70 Eddy Byrne
Adam Dexter 46 - 46 Bradley Horrocks
Matty Artell 47 - 42 Sandie Simonis
Karen Pearson 51 - 44 Stewart Gordon
Joe Oliva 32 - 62 Dave Ryan
Samuel Prouse 50 - 61 Toby Pereira
Nathan Pace 40 - 53 Berkan Chelikhan
Amar Chotai 41 - 29 James Wilson
Dan Byrom 42 - 36 Sarah Bladon
Steve Hawdon 36 - 39 Sara Lawson
Ben Williams 35 - 38 Lynne Cumberland
Mauro Pratesi 55 - 36 Katherine Webb
Marc Bradshaw 18 - 42 Simon Fenton
Adam Barton 30 - 33 Anoush Khachik

Round 3
Jen Steadman 61 - 48 Callum Todd
Callum Pickering 36 - 74 Rob Foster
Jessica Pratesi 49 - 57 Tim Down
Stephen Read 50 - 48 Jamie McNeill
Mark Deeks 42 - 55 Dylan Taylor
Tom Carey 56 - 64 Mark Murray
Aidan Linge 45 - 58 Graeme Cole
Matthew Tassier 59 - 47 Jon Elmer
Chris Marshall 46 - 53 Zubair Patel
Giles Hutchings 67 - 57 Eddy Byrne
Matt Morrison 44 - 63 Sean Fletcher
James Laverty 54 - 40 Peter Clarke
Suzy Turner 40 - 42 Matty Artell
Dave Ryan 44 - 29 Karen Pearson
Toby Pereira 49 - 35 Adam Dexter
Amar Chotai 47 - 40 Berkan Chelikhan
Bradley Horrocks 61 - 37 Paul Talmey
Sandie Simonis 48 - 43 Stewart Gordon
Samuel Prouse 38 - 53 Joe Oliva
Dan Byrom 37 - 59 Nathan Pace
Sara Lawson 33 - 39 Lynne Cumberland
James Wilson 53 - 33 Mauro Pratesi
Simon Fenton 40 - 10 Anoush Khachik
Sarah Bladon 45 - 31 Steve Hawdon
Katherine Webb 19 - 36 Ben Williams
Marc Bradshaw 11 - 36 Adam Barton

Round 4
Rob Foster 59 - 45 Jen Steadman
Dylan Taylor 52 - 45 Tim Down
Stephen Read 44 - 58 Callum Todd
Mark Murray 52 - 54 Callum Pickering
Jessica Pratesi 40 - 54 Graeme Cole
Zubair Patel 28 - 51 Matthew Tassier
Tom Carey 40 - 28 Giles Hutchings
Jamie McNeill 37 - 53 Mark Deeks
Sean Fletcher 33 - 65 Jon Elmer
James Laverty 35 - 42 Aidan Linge
Matty Artell 37 - 33 Chris Marshall
Toby Pereira 38 - 43 Dave Ryan
Amar Chotai 20 - 55 Bradley Horrocks
Eddy Byrne 66 - 36 Matt Morrison
Peter Clarke 32 - 39 Sandie Simonis
Suzy Turner 37 - 38 Joe Oliva
Nathan Pace 34 - 40 Karen Pearson
Berkan Chelikhan 23 - 45 Adam Dexter
James Wilson 36 - 37 Lynne Cumberland
Paul Talmey 42 - 19 Simon Fenton
Stewart Gordon 35 - 35 Samuel Prouse
Mauro Pratesi 27 - 28 Dan Byrom
Sara Lawson 21 - 32 Sarah Bladon
Adam Barton 14 - 47 Ben Williams
Anoush Khachik 4 - 32 Steve Hawdon
Katherine Webb 21 - 30 Marc Bradshaw

Round 5
Dylan Taylor 37 - 62 Rob Foster
Callum Pickering 62 - 46 Jen Steadman
Callum Todd 63 - 58 Graeme Cole
Matthew Tassier 43 - 56 Tim Down
Mark Deeks 63 - 46 Stephen Read
Jon Elmer 37 - 45 Mark Murray
Aidan Linge 44 - 51 Tom Carey
Zubair Patel 51 - 37 Jessica Pratesi
Matty Artell 53 - 50 Bradley Horrocks
Dave Ryan 50 - 68 Eddy Byrne
Jamie McNeill 55 - 71 Giles Hutchings
Sean Fletcher 60 - 50 James Laverty
Chris Marshall 36 - 50 Sandie Simonis
Toby Pereira 51 - 38 Karen Pearson
Adam Dexter 54 - 54 Joe Oliva
Lynne Cumberland 39 - 51 Amar Chotai
Matt Morrison 42 - 41 Paul Talmey
Suzy Turner 42 - 49 Peter Clarke
Nathan Pace 28 - 48 Sarah Bladon
Berkan Chelikhan 36 - 42 Dan Byrom
Ben Williams 43 - 43 James Wilson
Simon Fenton 12 - 58 Stewart Gordon
Steve Hawdon 34 - 43 Samuel Prouse
Sara Lawson 34 - 16 Adam Barton
Marc Bradshaw 25 - 35 Mauro Pratesi
Anoush Khachik 28 - 22 Katherine Webb

Round 6
Callum Todd 52 - 73 Rob Foster
Tim Down 72 - 63 Callum Pickering
Dylan Taylor 65 - 72 Jen Steadman
Tom Carey 67 - 70 Mark Deeks
Jon Elmer 52 - 62 Graeme Cole
Matthew Tassier 42 - 40 Matty Artell
Zubair Patel 60 - 75 Stephen Read
Eddy Byrne 60 - 57 Mark Murray
Giles Hutchings 82 - 39 Sean Fletcher
Jessica Pratesi 42 - 51 Aidan Linge
Sandie Simonis 50 - 36 Dave Ryan
Amar Chotai 32 - 66 Toby Pereira
Bradley Horrocks 69 - 21 Joe Oliva
Jamie McNeill 53 - 60 Adam Dexter
Matt Morrison 37 - 61 James Laverty
Peter Clarke 53 - 52 Chris Marshall
Sarah Bladon 60 - 62 Karen Pearson
Dan Byrom 66 - 34 Lynne Cumberland
Stewart Gordon 56 - 27 Paul Talmey
Samuel Prouse 26 - 53 James Wilson
Ben Williams 22 - 56 Suzy Turner
Berkan Chelikhan 44 - 30 Sara Lawson
Anoush Khachik 20 - 53 Nathan Pace
Mauro Pratesi 45 - 15 Simon Fenton
Steve Hawdon 42 - 16 Marc Bradshaw
Adam Barton 39 - 39 Katherine Webb
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7851
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Gavin Chipper » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:34 pm

Excellent job Zarte, Innis and Jason. Really enjoyable event.

But - what about the final?

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Zarte Siempre » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Oh, I forget the final doesn't go through the Atropine system.

Rob beat Tim in a topsy-turvy final by 44 points to 39.

(Also, thanks Gev :))
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7851
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Gavin Chipper » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Also, here is a photo of the poem that I won in the auction (for £22.07), which has a bit about all the participants (apart from those who signed up really late I think).

Image

User avatar
Mark Deeks
Kiloposter
Posts: 1670
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Mark Deeks » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:17 pm

Zarte Siempre wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:47 pm
Thanks Mark, you're very kind.

It would be an utter mess without Innis' help as well, and not nearly as fun without Jason :)

Team 4 won the pub games.
Which team was team four?
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Zarte Siempre » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Yours.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7233
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Matt Morrison » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:52 am

Haha. Can we know what the other games were? I was around for the start of the Height one.

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7851
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Gavin Chipper » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:02 pm

One little thing I would say is that is was very difficult to follow the final from the audience, as it seemed to be played like a "normal" game with no announcements to the room of the declarations or the scores.

But a very enjoyable event. Recommended. 5 stars.

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Zarte Siempre » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:02 am

Sorry for slow replies, got a stinking cold and cba with anything...
Matt Morrison wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:52 am
Haha. Can we know what the other games were? I was around for the start of the Height one.
I'll copy you my working notes - a few things were tweaked for timing or other purposes, but nothing was massively different.

Speed – One Pair of two cards must be turned over, then turned back before a new pair is turned over. When a pair is revealed, the cards must be picked up and put face down to the side. The fastest team will score 100 points – other teams will score 1 point less for every 2 seconds longer taken. If this is selected as the team challenge, then the players must go one at a time in a set order, and must complete the turn, including removing the cards in turns in order. Players will play one at a time, and the pairs will be shuffled before each turn. 1 point will be docked for each rule break.

Distance – Players will be given a single sheet of strong card. They must make something with the piece of card that can jump or spring forwards under direct vertical pressure. The device must go in the direction specified by the measuring apparatus being used. The device may not be made from anything else other than the card provided. No equipment will be provided to help make the device but other items may be sourced. Players will have 10 minutes to make the device. Each player will get 3 attempts to make their device jump, with the longest counting. The longest distance will score 100 points with other scores worked out proportionately. If this is made the team task, EACH player must operate a separate device at the measuring stage, with the scores averaged – and will ONLY be given 1 extra piece of card.

Nerve – Players will need to be prepared to get a few funny looks and possibly make a bit of a fool of themselves. Players have 15 minutes to complete 3 separate challenges. These are as follows:

1) Selfies – Players must get a selfie with 3 of the pub staff.

2) Texting – Players must text 3 different people “I love you” and get only that, or very similar as a response. Any embellishments such as “I love you too. Why?” or “I love you too, but are you drunk” will not count. They are allowed to text as many people as they like, but they must NOT give them any warning. These people should NOT be one of our present number.

3) Clothing – Players must borrow 3 separate items of clothing from 3 separate strangers. These may not be the same items of clothing. These items must be clothing items and not accessories such as necklaces or bracelets. I am happy to clarify whether something will or won’t count. Paired items must be delivered AS pairs.

Each of these tasks completed will earn 10 points per completion, making a total of 90 points. Anyone getting the full set will earn a bonus 10 points. If this is the team challenge for any team, then the team must collect 15 selfies, 15 text messages and 15 items of clothing between them, but they don’t have to be evenly distributed (i.e., one person can receive 15 “I love you” texts). They will earn 10 points for each set of 5 gained.

Tactics – Players will compete in a giant game of rock, paper, scissors. All 5 players will go on the same count with points scored for each winning combination. The game will go on until one team reaches a score of 20. That team will score 100 points, with other teams scoring 5 points for each score. If the team challenge is chosen, then the team may be discuss their tactics in advance, but after that may not speak, with one player coming forward each round. The others must turn their backs and so will not know what has happened each turn.

Accuracy – This will be the last task and will be worth the most points overall, but may well be considered more difficult to get them. A target with cutout holes will be placed at one end of a table. The larger holes will be assigned a smaller points value and vice versa. Players must bounce a ping pong ball off one table into the box on the other. They will have 10 attempts. If the team card is played, then each player will have 2 attempts. Whilst all the other tasks are worth a possible 100 points – this one is worth 500. It is also vastly easier to score 0 than in any other task though.

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:02 pm
One little thing I would say is that is was very difficult to follow the final from the audience, as it seemed to be played like a "normal" game with no announcements to the room of the declarations or the scores.

But a very enjoyable event. Recommended. 5 stars.
Yep, that's our fault. The finalists had mics which we could tell were working, but that weren't reaching the back of the room - we thought you would be picking up the declarations back there. The scores not being read out were my fault as I was trying to work out the winners of some of the prizes at the same time as playing DC - will be worked on for next year :)
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7233
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Matt Morrison » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:52 am

Haha thanks for typing all that out Z, sounds mental. How did it all go? Is there photos/information on the winning efforts on some of the relevant games, e.g. the high-glass one or the card-jump one? Great effort organising all that, I now understand what that weird massive drinks holder thing on the table at the pub was.

User avatar
Mark Deeks
Kiloposter
Posts: 1670
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Mark Deeks » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:18 am

If the team challenge is chosen, then the team may be discuss their tactics in advance, but after that may not speak, with one player coming forward each round. The others must turn their backs and so will not know what has happened each turn.
Yeah, so, this didn't happen.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Zarte Siempre » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:20 am

Mark Deeks wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:18 am
If the team challenge is chosen, then the team may be discuss their tactics in advance, but after that may not speak, with one player coming forward each round. The others must turn their backs and so will not know what has happened each turn.
Yeah, so, this didn't happen.
Cheating bastards.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

User avatar
Mark Deeks
Kiloposter
Posts: 1670
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Mark Deeks » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:29 am

I prefer to think of it more as a problem with authority and being told what to do, one that adds to my rebellious, James Dean-esque charm.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Zarte Siempre » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:35 am

Mark Deeks wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:29 am
I prefer to think of it more as a problem with authority and being told what to do, one that adds to my rebellious, James Dean-esque charm.
Nope, definitely cheating bastard.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

User avatar
Mark Deeks
Kiloposter
Posts: 1670
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Mark Deeks » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:56 am

I saved you money, ungrateful git.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: .co.mk3 - Countdown in Milton Keynes - Saturday 12th August 2017

Post by Zarte Siempre » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:00 pm

Mark Deeks wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:56 am
I saved you money, ungrateful git.
You should work as a spin doctor :lol:
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests