Co:Glasgow & Co:GlasgowOnThen

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Alan Young

Co:Glasgow & Co:GlasgowOnThen

Post by Alan Young »

This will be the 3rd Annual Co:Glasgow event, and is the last event before the finals in the Focal calendar!

The event will take place as always upstairs in the crow's nest at the Raven in Glasgow. There will be a staffed bar open throughout the event and we will play some COUNTDOWN!!!

See further details below, if you would like to enter the event please follow this link and fill out the entry form:
https://goo.gl/forms/HCMrWF9mhC31HO3e2

The Facebook event can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1813841235537567/

So to the particulars:
Address: 81-85 Renfield St, Glasgow G2 1NQ
Date: Saturday 4th November & Sunday 5th November (These are two stand alone events, you can just attend one if you wish)
Starting at 13:00 on Saturday and 12:30 on Sunday
Cost: £12 (If you would like to do both the Saturday and Sunday events), £11 for just Saturday, £3 for just Sunday)
On the Saturday there is a buffet lunch built in to your entry fee. (Payment can be made on the day, however it would be great if you could fill out the form to let me know you'll be attending)

So the format for Co:Glasgow(Saturday):
It will be 3 rounds of two 9-round games each, in tables of 3, Each round you will play two games and host one. The tables will be entirely randomly draw on the morning of the event. The two top players on the leaderboard after 3 rounds will play in the final. The leaderboard will be ranked by wins, then points scored, if there's a tie it will be decided by head to head match, then points differential if it comes to that.

The Format for Co:GlasgowOnThen (Sunday):
We will be running it in the weakest link format again as it seemed popular from last year and had many exciting moments!
Rounds 1 and 2 will be LLNLLNLLN
Rounds 3 and 4 onwards will be LLLNLLLN
Rounds 5 onwards will be LLLLN
then the two lowest scores each round will go head to head in a crucial conundrum, the loser being eliminated. If there is a tie for 2nd last then everyone tied will compete in conundrums, the winners going through until one is eliminated.

Co:Glasgow has been great fun the twice I have run it. We have the venue on the Saturday for the full day and night time as well, so I can arrange some sort of activirty on the Saturday night if we get the interest, like a quiz.
Stewart Gordon
Enthusiast

Re: Co:Glasgow & Co:GlasgowOnThen

Post by Stewart Gordon »

I'm confused. The Facebook event page says it's cancelled, but the indication here and on the entry form is that it's still going ahead. Which is correct?
Alan Young

Re: Co:Glasgow & Co:GlasgowOnThen

Post by Alan Young »

The event has been cancelled