More recaps for Co Event games

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Jonathan Wynn
Series 73 Champion

More recaps for Co Event games

Post by Jonathan Wynn »

Hi folks. Inspired partly by Gevin's "the final reduced to a footnote" post in the MK thread, but mostly by my own meanderings, I've noticed that , not sure why, but recaps for Co Events seem to have all but stopped.....why? And.....can we have them back please? For example I know Zarte beat Rob in the Costal final, and Jack beat Zarte in the Nottingham final, but know nothing else about the games, or even the whole tourneys really. It's always interesting to see the different twists and turns the games may have taken. Maybe an official recapper for each event could work? At least for the final?

Kept this relatively short in case I'm a) missing some focal thing that I'm not aware of or b) too thick to use the forum properly, both of which are perfectly conceivable.
Jonathan Wynn
Series 73 Champion

Re: More recaps for Co Event games

Post by Jonathan Wynn »

Just to clarify, I'm talking about individual game recaps rather than scores in each round for everyone, which seem to be still happening.
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Post by Jennifer Steadman »

Jonathan Wynn wrote:Kept this relatively short in case I'm a) missing some focal thing that I'm not aware of
Nope - we're keeping track of results, but not game details. You're not wrong though, it does seem to have gone very quiet on that front.
"There's leaders, and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" - Aristotle
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

The individual game recaps have never been done "centrally" as far as I'm aware - it's always relied on certain people choosing to recap their own games.
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Yeah, I've always considered doing it, but tbh, it's a massive pain in the arse, and I have better things I could be doing =/
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Yeah, I normally do mine, but I've been pre-occupied with so much stuff, but I do have all the info still with me, so if I find some spare time, I'll get mine up at least. :)
Jonathan Wynn
Series 73 Champion

Post by Jonathan Wynn »

Yeah, wasn't really meaning to suggest finalists themselves should do them, just anyone who was at them really. Maybe volunteers for each event? Since it was my idea maybe I'll recap the final for Dublin if someone could teach me how to do it, unless someone wants to recap their own final of course (and assuming I'm not in it ( which I won't be))
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jonathan Wynn wrote:Yeah, wasn't really meaning to suggest finalists themselves should do them, just anyone who was at them really. Maybe volunteers for each event? Since it was my idea maybe I'll recap the final for Dublin if someone could teach me how to do it, unless someone wants to recap their own final of course (and assuming I'm not in it ( which I won't be))
I could give you a little crash course. You only need to just write down all the necessary info, and then putting it in the recap write is a piece of cake. 8-)