Co:Glasgow

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Alan Young

Co:Glasgow

Post by Alan Young »

So this should have went up on here a while ago but I've been unbelievably busy!

Co:Glasgow and Co:GlasgowOnThen (Hangover style event will be taking place on the 12th and 13th of November 2016, respectively)

The event is being hosted at the Raven, 81-85 Renfield Street, G2 1LP Glasgow, United Kingdom

It will follow the same format as Lincoln. and is filling the spot previously filled by Edinburgh. The entry fee will be £10 this year, this includes a buffet lunch between round 1 & 2. If you wish to take part in both events it's an additional £3, so £13 for two co: Events!

The hangover style event will be a different style to the main day. It will be a weakest Link style event.

Everyone will play to the same letters and numbers in a similar fashion to .co.mk. The round formats will be LLLN and the bottom two/three (depending on no. of participants) scores at the end of each round will take part in the crucial countdown conundrum for survival. This format will continue until we are down to the hangovers strongest link!

Payment for entry can be made to www.paypal.me/FuzzySatirist via paypal, if you wish to arrange a alternate payment, please contact me directly.

Please also fill out this form to register, if you would prefer to pay me on the day I can accommodate that.

https://goo.gl/forms/QDTN0QkZL91KbqJi2

Hope to see many of you there!
Ryan Carlsen

Re: Co:Glasgow

Post by Ryan Carlsen »

Hi Alan, - I would like to register for the Saturday event (can't access the google form from my work PC but will do so from home some point soon). I have not taken part in any of these before - do people come along to watch? My wife and baby would like come along to spectate for at least part of the day - is that something that people do, and do they need to pay?
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Ryan Carlsen wrote:Hi Alan, - I would like to register for the Saturday event (can't access the google form from my work PC but will do so from home some point soon). I have not taken part in any of these before - do people come along to watch? My wife and baby would like come along to spectate for at least part of the day - is that something that people do, and do they need to pay?
I hope Alan doesn't think me treading on his toes, but I don't think he's always able to hop on here too often.

First of all, any answers here are just "generally"s - there may be circumstances I'm unaware of with this particular event. However, people do come along to watch sometimes, providing the venue has enough room - which I believe this one does. That said, I don't know how old your baby is, but obviously crying and screaming could be quite distracting. The only occasions I've ever been aware of spectators needing to pay has been if they wanted access to some other things happening within the event, i.e. if the fee included lunch, and they'd like lunch, but not like to play.

I'm fairly sure this will be true for Glasgow, however I'll try and get Alan's attention to this at some point soon - just didn't want you to feel ignored :)
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Alan Young

Post by Alan Young »

Apologies for the delay in response, I've been far less active than I'd like.

Having a baby there is obviously a potential distraction but I wouldn't say no.

The event is being held up stairs in a bar, there's theoretically nothing to stop you spectating. As long as you didn't distract players while they were playing. Players of all levels get involved, I'd recommend just playing :D
Phyl Styles
Acolyte

Post by Phyl Styles »

Just hoping you received our forms and my FB messages, Alan?