Missing Co-event results - please help!

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Missing Co-event results - please help!

Post by Jennifer Steadman »

We're currently missing the majority of results/outcomes/fixtures for the following events:

Leicester 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
London 2011

Additionally, we have significant info from these events but are missing some key details:

- Chester 2011: missing 4 second-round pairings
- Huddersfield 2012: missing a few pairings, mostly involving Joseph Krol
- Chester 2012: missing a 6 pairings, mostly involving Alan Styles, Thomas Carey and Anna Woodward
- Edinburgh 2012: we have scores for each player per round, but not who they were playing
- Leamingon Spa 2013: missing scores from some Division B and C knockout games
- MultiLon 2014: missing a few pairings, mostly involving Matt Hall and Ned Pendleton, neither of whom can remember who they played

If you attended any of these events and remember who you played, PLEASE COMMENT BELOW! Even just knowing who played who would be a start. Please post, as far as you remember: who you played, who won, what round you played in, and what the scores were. Fixtures and winners are the most important info, so don't worry if you can't remember everything.
Last edited by Jennifer Steadman on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"There's leaders, and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" - Aristotle
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Re: Missing Co-event results - please help!

Post by James Laverty »

St Albans 2015- Think this was the order

Bojack Horseman- Lost 8-9
Callum Todd- Lost 10-6? or something similar
Oli Moore- Drew 6-6
Eddy Byrne- Won 9-8
Mark Murray- Lost 8-6
Jerry Humphries- Lost 10-8

Don't know final scores for these
QF game- Heather Styles- Lost on crucial
SF game- Jane Wisniewski- Won on crucial
F game- Stewart Gordon- Won
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....
Chris Marshall
Acolyte

Post by Chris Marshall »

Aces Trophy - I think I played Phil Jarvis, Jason Turner, Andy McGurn but no idea on order scores. Pretty sure Phil played Kirk in this.

Hudds 2013 - Pretty sure John Jackson played Jan and lost a close, low scoring game but whether it was round 2 or not, I don't know. No idea who I played. I played Andy Platt in one game and he will have won.

I wasn't at any others you need data for.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Bristol-style events are difficult to get results for. For Leicester 2010, I know I played Mary Jo Clayton, Amie Bateen, Conor Travers, Stewart Gordon, and I think (think) that was it insofar as I was concerned. Remember Kirk played Robbo at one point.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Andy McGurn
Enthusiast

Post by Andy McGurn »

CO:LON 2011 ( my first co event)

Played:

Thomas Cappleman (lost on crucial)
Jimmy Gough ( won)
Ned Pendleton (won)
Richard Priest (lost)
Ann Dibben (lost)
Toby Perreira (lost)

Final was between Thomas Cappleman and Matt Bayfield (Bayfield won)

HUDDERSFIELD ACES TROPHY

Can't remember all my games from this but i remember the following

Callum Todd (lost)
Paul Worsley (won)
Anthony Endsor (won)
Heather Styles (lost)
Chris Marshall (not sure of result as i seem to play him at almost every event and results are pretty even)

Jack Worsley beat Kirk Bevins in the final

COHUD 2012

i remember less games from this one but i remember the following

Richard Priest (won on tie break conundrum)
Jack Worsley (lost)
Jason Turner (won)

Kirk Bevins beat Dan McColm in the final
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

CoHud 2K12 I had Michelle in game 1, Rawlo in game 4, Jack W in game 5

won/won/lost
cheers maus
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

CoLon 2011 is proving difficult to reconstruct. As I recall, the scores for this event were completely lost in a hard drive failure shortly after the event.

However, we've almost pieced together who played whom, and in most cases, who won, from scraps of information including people's recollections, notes from people who kept them, and, throughout most of this evening, photographs of the event that can still be found on Facebook. A huge great spreadsheet is slowly being filled in.

36 contestants. 3 rounds. 12 tables. Find the clues. Interview witnesses. Put it all together like a jigsaw. Iron out subtle contradictions in people's accounts. (Rob Foster: we're 99% sure you played Tom Barnes thinking he was Ned Pendleton.)

"From this photo, Lloyd Pettet was playing someone in a stripey shirt and someone in a blue shirt, both of whose faces are obscured. It's definitely round 1 because I'm playing Jono, but who's in the stripey shirt and blue shirt? Aha, looking at the other photos, they're Ned Pendleton and Oliver Garner!"

Yes, this conversation, and others like it, are actually happening.

Can you help us fill in the remaining blanks?

We think we have the fixtures for round 1 completely reconstructed, and in over half of those we know who won.

The round 2 fixtures are almost complete, except for two tables which contain Nick Wainwright, Hugh Binnie, Mark James, CF, Phil Makepeace and Heather Badcock in some configuration. A picture shows that Nick was playing Hugh. Phil and CF had already played each other in R1 so would have been on different tables in R2, and Heather can't have been on Nick and Hugh's table because she played Hugh in R1.

Round 3... we think we've got all the table seatings except two. One table had CF, Alex Bottomore and Mystery Countdowner 1, and another table had Mark James, Jimmy Gough and Mystery Countdowner 2. Your Mystery Countdowners are Ned Pendleton and Supee. There's a picture showing Ned hovering ambiguously near Mark and Jimmy's table, but nothing definite.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Graeme Cole wrote:CoLon 2011 is proving difficult to reconstruct. As I recall, the scores for this event were completely lost in a hard drive failure shortly after the event.
Yeah, that was a bit of a weird one. The event happened, and we were all waiting for the results to appear on here but they never did. And then later it just happened to emerge that this was the reason. They couldn't cover it up forever!
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Rhys Benjamin wrote:Bristol-style events are difficult to get results for. For Leicester 2010, I know I played Mary Jo Clayton, Amie Bateen, Conor Travers, Stewart Gordon, and I think (think) that was it insofar as I was concerned. Remember Kirk played Robbo at one point.
I've got the grid for this now and it looks like you played 6 games. If you think you played Stewart Gordon in game 4, is it possible that you played/lost to Chris Blewitt and Anna Woodward in games 5 and 6? (I suspect in that order, but could be the other way round.) For some reason the last 3 fixtures for group C are AWOL, hence knowing who won and lost in those rounds and what each person's scores were, but not who played who...
"There's leaders, and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" - Aristotle
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Rhys Benjamin wrote:Bristol-style events are difficult to get results for. For Leicester 2010, I know I played Mary Jo Clayton, Amie Bateen, Conor Travers, Stewart Gordon, and I think (think) that was it insofar as I was concerned. Remember Kirk played Robbo at one point.
I've got the grid for this now and it looks like you played 6 games. If you think you played Stewart Gordon in game 4, is it possible that you played/lost to Chris Blewitt and Anna Woodward in games 5 and 6? (I suspect in that order, but could be the other way round.) For some reason the last 3 fixtures for group C are AWOL, hence knowing who won and lost in those rounds and what each person's scores were, but not who played who...
I think I did play Anna Woodward, haven't got a clue about Chris Blewitt. I genuinely can't remember.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Graeme Cole wrote: Tue May 10, 2016 10:07 pm The round 2 fixtures are almost complete, except for two tables which contain Nick Wainwright, Hugh Binnie, Mark James, CF, Phil Makepeace and Heather Badcock in some configuration. A picture shows that Nick was playing Hugh. Phil and CF had already played each other in R1 so would have been on different tables in R2, and Heather can't have been on Nick and Hugh's table because she played Hugh in R1.
I'm sure I could get Heather to answer this if you still need to know? Mind you Phil and Mark are just as likely to help when they see this reminder, I'm sure.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Matt Morrison wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:18 pm
Graeme Cole wrote: Tue May 10, 2016 10:07 pm The round 2 fixtures are almost complete, except for two tables which contain Nick Wainwright, Hugh Binnie, Mark James, CF, Phil Makepeace and Heather Badcock in some configuration. A picture shows that Nick was playing Hugh. Phil and CF had already played each other in R1 so would have been on different tables in R2, and Heather can't have been on Nick and Hugh's table because she played Hugh in R1.
I'm sure I could get Heather to answer this if you still need to know? Mind you Phil and Mark are just as likely to help when they see this reminder, I'm sure.
I've had another look at the spreadsheet, and it seems that after I made this post we later inferred that Heather must have played Phil Makepeace and Mark James in R2, by some convoluted logical process - if you or Heather remember otherwise then let us know and we'll change it. We don't know who won any of the games on that table, though.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

She has no idea who won. I'm fairly sure Mark (here) or Phil (most likely via tweet) will remember more!
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Matt Morrison wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:03 pm She has no idea who won. I'm fairly sure Mark (here) or Phil (most likely via tweet) will remember more!
Mark definitely didn't remember and I don't think Phil did either.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Sounds like everyone drew.
Phil Makepeace
Acolyte

Post by Phil Makepeace »

Heather definitely beat me.
Phil Collinge
Acolyte

Post by Phil Collinge »

Graeme Cole wrote: Tue May 10, 2016 10:07 pm Round 3... we think we've got all the table seatings except two. One table had CF, Alex Bottomore and Mystery Countdowner 1, and another table had Mark James, Jimmy Gough and Mystery Countdowner 2. Your Mystery Countdowners are Ned Pendleton and Supee. There's a picture showing Ned hovering ambiguously near Mark and Jimmy's table, but nothing definite.
Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere.

Supee definitely played against both CF and Alex Bottomore at The Sekforde. Whilst she did play Alex Bottomore at Colon 2010, she did not play CF in that event.

Whilst not totally sure about Mark James she is confident she has not played Jimmy Gough anywhere, ever.