Could a CO:NY happen?

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Could a CO:NY happen?

Post by Jordan F »

I think I mentioned this last year at some point, but I'm curious to bring it up now, just because.

I'm American, as you probably know, specifically I live in New York City. We have a decent chunk of American apterites, and I think maybe a couple UK folks who relocated to my country or close by. I guess the question is, would it be too unreasonable to have a CO:NY in either this summer or maybe sometime in 2015? I'm not committing to anything yet for sure, but I more or less am just trying to see if there's even interest before I take next steps. Thoughts?
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Re: Could a CO:NY happen?

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I'd say it might be possible if someone makes a concerted effort to attract North Americans to Apterous. Maybe we could recruit interest for it on the message boards for American quiz shows (Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune, Millionaire, etc.)

(Though being Canadian, I would push more strongly for a CO:TO if Rob Ford allows it.)
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

You paying for our flights?
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Post by Jordan F »

If I earn a crap ton of money, I absolutely would. Right now, I cannot.

But I guess there's my initial answer. I think realistically I'd most be aiming for apterites who either re-located somewhere close to America or may happen to be there for travel anyway, if they aren't North Americans themselves.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Have it in Vermont. It's a compromise between America and Canada and I have a friend who lives there so I can stay. Or you could hold it in May 2013 in New York as I was there then. You would need a time machine though.